• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

The Patriots need help on the defense.Get some guys who can rush the passer and it doesnt matter how good the secondary is.The offense is still one of the best,especially with Gronk.

Yeah, the Broncos had an fantastic pass rush all year but that didn't help them out when the secondary gave up 3 50+ yard TDs. Unless you can become the Giants of 2007 and 2011 and generate ridiculous amounts of QB pressure with only 4 down linemen, you're going to need very good DBs. Or at least DBs who are very disciplined with jamming at the line long and creating contact long enough for the rushers to start altering throws.

Sanjuro

The Pats problem is they're built around too many overrated finesse players, and they don't want to admit it. Everyone in NE loves guys like Welker, Ninkovich, and Woodhead for some reason (I guess cause they're overachieving white guys), but those guys are easy to shut down.

Woodhead is easily one of the best receiving backs in the game. His acceleration is fantastic. I'm curious how Demps is going to fare this upcoming season though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This will sound weird from a team that could not beat the Browns, Titans or Raiders, but if we had made it in and Ben was healthy we would have beaten the Pats easily too.

Any good qb should be able to beat this version of the Pats more often than not. It is easy to scheme against their offense and even easier to exploit their defense. The Schaubs of the world cannot take advantage but Ben would have feasted on their secondary.

I am glad we did not make it though because even though we can always beat that Pats and Ravens, I am pretty sure we would have gotten curb stomped by San Fran in the SB. I would rather just miss the playoffs then see that happen.
It's not about the qb, it's about the defense. Hit the Pats and everyone from Brady on down will fold like a chaise lounger. Mr Glass could put up enough points to beat a NE squad that can only put up 13.

xnipx

Larry didn't even believe in us midway through the season yet somehow he is the face of this franchise in the thread lol

DixieFlatline

Neo Member
Congrats 9ers GAF. Tough loss but our team is still relatively young at the skill positions. Line on both sides of the ball need work. Need to find a replacement for Nicholas, at least on passing downs.

Indeed, congratulations Niners fans, what a great game to get to watch at the dome and a stinging loss for sure. The Falcons need better pass rushers and Matt Ryan has got to keep himself composed when the pressure is on. Our d-line is getting old. When we couldn't capitalize on the late game fumble, I new it wasn't going to end well. See y'all next season Falcons fans.

effzee

Patriots lack talent.

Scheme can only get you so far.

Yup all this talk about age and issues with Brady as BS to me.

Maybe he isn't as good as he was 5-7 seasons ago. But he was just in the SB and in another AFCCG. If that is his "limit" that is pretty damn good. Could also list many reasons outside of Brady on why they lost the SB to the Giants (both times) but really it comes down to talent.

They definitely need upgrades at WR (Welker can't be your #1 option here) and tons on D.

The current Pats team lacks real talent outside of Brady, Gronk, and maybe 1-2 players on D. The rest are nice good players but who don't and won't get you any further.

Still not sure about this Pat Shurmur hire. Though he was with the team for 6 seasons. I hope the stink of Cleveland has worn off of him.

Striker

Jets are a circus of a team. Makes sense given their Head Coach and QB. In the end it kind of makes me feel bad for Tebow given the shit circumstance he was put in.

jakncoke

Banned
Larry didn't even believe in us midway through the season yet somehow he is the face of this franchise in the thread lol

Get a fucking avatar or post a thread of your shit if you want noticed sheesh kids these days go back to Know Your Role Boulevard, hang that right at Jabroni Drive, and proceed to check your candy ass in at the Emo Hotel.

Miguel

The Pats problem is they're built around too many overrated finesse players, and they don't want to admit it. Everyone in NE loves guys like Welker, Ninkovich, and Woodhead for some reason (I guess because they're overachieving white guys), but those guys are easy to shutdown by a good team.

l59939-3.jpg

HERO

mike-vrabel--super-bowl-xxxix--celebrates-his-3rd-quarter-touchdown-reception.jpg

I think it's important to note, especially because he's such a dick, that Bill Belicheck coached a shitty game. They made some dumb punting decisions, fucked up their time management, and got straight up outcoached after halftime, which is why they got shut out and gave up 21 points. Hernandez was killing us first half, then silenced. Our passing game looked anemic, then started killing it across the middle. I undestand Talib got hurt, but good coaches adjust, and Bels didn't.

Harbaugh outcoached him, and then, like a whiny child, Belicheck sulked away and didn't answer questions.

cajunator

Banned
I have no idea where Saints will go from here on defense. How it can even be fixed without blowing up that whole side of the ball. Amazing how they can have one side so well designed and the personell perfect for it but the other side is neglected and filthy and terrible.

TheFatOne

Did the new NFL thread go up yet?

Bruschi and Vrabel were actually legit great players. They were both leaders, and playmakers.
The Pats problem is they're built around too many overrated finesse players, and they don't want to admit it. Everyone in NE loves guys like Welker, Ninkovich, and Woodhead for some reason (I guess because they're overachieving white guys), but those guys are easy to shutdown by a good team.

Ninkovich is a nice role player on a good defense. If NE had a good defense with two stud DEs I wouldn't have a problem with Ninkovich. Woodhead is a solid roleplayer, but Welker is overrated as fuck in NE. So is Mayo. Mayo is fucking garbage at linebacker. They need to replace Spikes. Love the physicality he brings, but he is way too fucking slow.

I think it's important to note, especially because he's such a dick, that Bill Belicheck coached a shitty game. They made some dumb punting decisions, fucked up their time management, and got straight up outcoached after halftime, which is why they got shut out and gave up 21 points. Hernandez was killing us first half, then silenced. Our passing game looked anemic, then started killing it across the middle. I undestand Talib got hurt, but good coaches adjust, and Bels didn't.

Harbaugh outcoached him, and then, like a whiny child, Belicheck sulked away and didn't answer questions.

I agree he got outcoached on overall and on offense, but defensively there is just nothing the Pats can do to stop offenses attacking the middle. They don't have the personnel to adjust. Especially after loosing their best cover corner. They can't do shit without Talib. You can still blame Belichick here because he drafted so fucking poorly for so many seasons.

Nakazato

Who are you i was here before you bl and crimson. The only ravens gaf member before me was dareinA

And was the only one to believe in flacco.

:p

SuperfuckingBOWL

HylianTom

Banned
I have no idea where Saints will go from here on defense. How it can even be fixed without blowing up that whole side of the ball. Amazing how they can have one side so well designed and the personell perfect for it but the other side is neglected and filthy and terrible.
They can only go up from here.. right? Right?

I miss Darren Sharper. :(

Who are you i was here before you bl and crimson. The only ravens gaf member before me was dareinA

And was the only one to believe in flacco.

When everyone was looking back at their first posts, I found mine and you immediately embraced me into Ravens-GAF. Thank you, let us enjoy this ride....together!

Also, Crimson does not count. He's not a real person.

cajunator

Banned
They can only go up from here.. right? Right?

I miss Darren Sharper. :(

They really only can go up yes. You can go lower than worst of all time. Well, you can, but its not very likely.

I think part of the problem was that Spags is a control freak and an egotist. Payton will not let him get away with some of the shit he got away with this year, especially after the whole bountygate thing with GW. I honestly think at one point the Saints D was just trying to get Spags fired and Brees probably realized it too. It was a really messy situation but I think we can get a top half defense on the field if we can get a goddamned pass rusher and SPags under control.

They're not "overachieving white guys". Bruschi and Vrabel were legit great players. During crunch time when a play had to be made, those guys were always there to do so.

Edit : What the maybe I should have read before posting. The white LB defense force is already out in full force

Top Bottom