• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Oh don't apologize. The 49ers are the biggest posers in the NFL. They have literally sucked since the day of winning their last super bowl in the early 90's. When they sucked no one was at candle stick to root this team. No one. In fact the stadium originally had a different name but was changed to candle stick because of the fact that you could hear a candle burn as it was so quiet.

When Seattle sucked we were always there. But in San Fran it's different. You only wear, watch, or support the 49ers in general if their going to the super bowl and have one of the thuggiest QB's in the history of the league. Not to mention one of the dirtiest teams in general, but Goodell let's it slide because he knows how long they've sucked and wants to prevent any self harm the few true fans might inflict.

I will be rooting for a true warrior, Ray Lewis. Not a thug QB that has tattoo's everywhere and learned the game at San Quentin. Not for a sucky WR that assaults women. Not for Jim Harbaugh who acts tough but ran from a fight when a true opponent, Jim Scharwtz demanded he answer for his lack of class and general pussness.
Lol. The blinders on you are amazing. Keep up the great work troll.

That was the slide of a QB who was frustrated with a sequence of plays who say the opportunity to injure another player and took it. Does he do it on a consistent level? No. Did he lose his control and try to destroy Reed's knee on that play? Absolutely.

Frustrated maybe, intentionally trying to injure a guy, don't know.

But, to be honest had it been Flacco sliding and McCourty jumping over him, I would be screaming bloody murder for weeks.

They were that way

83d71741.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg

Narag

Frustrated maybe, intentionally trying to injure a guy, don't know.

But, to be honest had it been Flacco sliding and McCourty jumping over him, I would be screaming bloody murder for weeks.

I don't think it was all that premeditated like the other cheap shots on Reed but it looked like a really bad decision due to frustration. Blame the ref who tackled him!

cdyhybrid

Oh don't apologize. The 49ers are the biggest posers in the NFL. They have literally sucked since the day of winning their last super bowl in the early 90's. When they sucked no one was at candle stick to root this team. No one. In fact the stadium originally had a different name but was changed to candle stick because of the fact that you could hear a candle burn as it was so quiet.

When Seattle sucked we were always there. But in San Fran it's different. You only wear, watch, or support the 49ers in general if their going to the super bowl and have one of the thuggiest QB's in the history of the league. Not to mention one of the dirtiest teams in general, but Goodell let's it slide because he knows how long they've sucked and wants to prevent any self harm the few true fans might inflict.

I will be rooting for a true warrior, Ray Lewis. Not a thug QB that has tattoo's everywhere and learned the game at San Quentin. Not for a sucky WR that assaults women. Not for Jim Harbaugh who acts tough but ran from a fight when a true opponent, Jim Scharwtz demanded he answer for his lack of class and general pussness.

20* HoF post. Truer words have never been spoken.

etiolate

Banned
From numbers that I can find, the Niners were selling out at a 99% rate going back to the Mike Nolan years. I can only go as far back as 2006 though, but that's following one of the statistically worst seasons of all time in 2005.

But leave it to a Seattle fan to make up a reality to feel good.

JCizzle

From numbers that I can find, the Niners were selling out at a 99% rate going back to the Mike Nolan years. I can only go as far back as 2006 though, but that's following one of the statistically worst seasons of all time in 2005.

Too much adderall for them to think properly

eznark

Banned

Because of the blackout policy NFL attendance numbers are a total joke.

That said, I've never heard people claim the 49ers had trouble selling tickets.

Can somebody explain to me the upside of the blackout policy? Save money on broadcasts and try to up the tickets sales?

jakncoke

Banned

hmm reminds of something involving a certain game to hide the pain of being chochas

Can somebody explain to me the upside of the blackout policy? Save money on broadcasts and try to up the tickets sales?

Get local companies to buy thousands of tickets that would otherwise be unsold.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

The logic being that if people locally know they can't watch it on TV, they'll just stop being poor, pull themselves up by their bootstraps and go to the game.

This post is a work of art.

The reason why the niners never had a problem with attendance and why there was some feeling of optimism every draft and training camp was because of the tradition and winning in the past. There was always a feeling that we could recapture that and come back in glory. It didn't work too well 2002-2010.

etiolate

Banned

Ah, that's right. I bet that is also why average attendance numbers suddenly appear for everyone at the same time.

The Niners have always been the #1 team in the bay area, even when they were atrocious. It's a pretty shite stadium for football though.

Ah, that's right. I bet that is also why average attendance numbers suddenly appear for everyone at the same time.

The Niners have always been the #1 team in the bay area, even when they were atrocious. It's a pretty shite stadium for football though.

Ehhhh SF will always be a baseball city first, but the Niners closed the gap in the 80's and 90's.

The logic being that if people locally know they can't watch it on TV, they'll just stop being poor, pull themselves up by their bootstraps and go to the game.

CAPITALISM!

Get local companies to buy thousands of tickets that would otherwise be unsold.

Did the NFL came up with the rule? What was their official reasoning behind it? Or wasn't there one and did they just say fuck, we do this because we can?

*Smug Goodell WWE walk.gif*

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
CAPITALISM!

Did the NFL came up with the rule? What was their official reasoning behind it? Or wasn't there one and did they just say fuck, we do this because we can?

*Smug Goodell WWE walk.gif*

It was in place before Goodell and it's for the exact reason I said. Just, with prettier words.

squicken

All the blackout rules were created when the owners still thought of the game as something that would draw most of its revenue from tickets and concessions. Now, even with TV the obvious money creator, they are very worried about losing the stadium going fan.

All the blackout rules were created when the owners still thought of the game as something that would draw most of its revenue from tickets and concessions. Now, even with TV the obvious money creator, they are very worried about losing the stadium going fan.

What a weird thing. But still makes some sense, with the way TV/Internet is developing, the NFL games are probably one of the best to watch on your couch with a laptop/iPad by your side, especially considering ticket prices.

It was in place before Goodell and it's for the exact reason I said. Just, with prettier words.

Well thank you then.

cdyhybrid

Niners sell a ton of tickets because it's a lot more convenient for them to find targets to stab and assault when they're all packed into a stadium.

You truly are a dumb fuck. Niners have sold out every game at candlestick since 1981.

Every.
Game.

How long is the seachickens sell out streak? Just another Johnny come lately team with no past and no future. Niners are the greatest franchise in NFL history. Seahawks are so meaningless that no one cared when they were dumped like the garbage they are into the NFC west in 2002

Anyone from ATL still posting? What is the thinking locally about why the team struggled in the 2nd half vs SEA and SF?

As far as the SF game, many are hopping off the Matt Ryan hype wagon, pointing squarely at his 2 late game turnovers.
Defense/Secondary, despite being mostly exposed in the second half, are getting a pass due to known health issues, and that they have come up with some critical stops, which should have let Ryan try to extend the lead or at least reverse momentum late in both games.

Most radio pundits here are still struggling to shake all that salt off, mostly to little effect.

etiolate

Banned
Ehhhh SF will always be a baseball city first, but the Niners closed the gap in the 80's and 90's.

I'm not sure about that. Because the NFL is bigger than MLB and the Niners have had more success overall than the Giants, it's always felt like the Niners were #1. The Giants have had a more recent run from the new stadium, the Bonds years and then then finally winning the pennant, but that's a lot of positives to just keep neck and neck with the Niners interest.

cdyhybrid

You truly are a dumb fuck. Niners have sold out every game at candlestick since 1981.

Every.
Game.

How long is the seachickens sell out streak? Just another Johnny come lately team with no past and no future. Niners are the greatest franchise in NFL history. Seahawks are so meaningless that no one cared when they were dumped like the garbage they are into the NFC west in 2002
FMT just can't admit that The 12th Man is the greatest fanbase in sports history, but he knows it deep down in the recesses of his brown heart.

Also the Steelers or Packers are the greatest franchise in history!

JCizzle

FMT just can't admit that The 12th Man is the greatest fanbase in sports history, but he knows it deep down in the recesses of his brown heart.

Also the Steelers or Packers are the greatest franchise in history!

I hope Jed invests in millions of dollars of speakers to keep pace with that awesome "12th man".

Fantomex

lol Seattle fans. You hypocrites. At least have the courage to say the reason why you pack stadiums for the soccer leagues, WNBA, and Rollerblade teams is because other than being outside freezing your tails off, theres nothing else to do but listen to In Utero on repeat outside Starbucks. /troll

squicken

As far as the SF game, many are hopping off the Matt Ryan hype wagon, pointing squarely at his 2 late game turnovers.
Defense/Secondary, despite being mostly exposed in the second half, are getting a pass due to known health issues, and that they have come up with some critical stops, which should have let Ryan try to extend the lead or at least reverse momentum late in both games.

2nd half was bad. 4 possessions before the last ditch drive. 2 TOs, 3 and out, and that pass to White. Not really fair they are getting on Ryan. White fell on INT, the fumble was on him for sure, and last throw came after a play he was injured

I guess about the only thing you can say is that by trading for JJ, the Falcons went all in on offense. No one can really say that "the defense lost it" since they are down a couple of players b/c of the loss of draft picks. So the offense needs to be well above average and win shootouts, since that's how they are constructed. Will have to wait for the All 22 to see if Gonzo was as open as people say

GaryGnu

Banned
Listening to Bill Simmons BS Report, and I quote "How many helmet-to-helmet hits did the Ravens have? They obviously all made a pact that they would cover each others' fines."

If you think Fox News is salty on the inauguration today, I raise you Simmons.

Sanjuro

The defense certainly lost if for the Falcons. Turnovers or not, they had no answer for Kaepernick or any kind of decent coverage for the receivers. Just a really poorly coached game all around.

Mrbob

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/293134986834501632

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/293137480583110656

If Atlanta Falcons was defeated... BIG IF Russell Wilson beat 49ers then advance to Superbowl to be first rookie QB in the Superbowl. It is a shame, Atlanta Falcons got advantage on our last 30 sec defense.

It's hard for me to root my rival team of NFC WEST.

I am sorry that I am going to root for Baltimore Ravens.

Be content knowing the best QB in the NFC West resides in Seattle. The Seahawks rebuilt the defense. Now they need to put some real pieces around Wilson on the offensive side of the ball. After this happens the Niners become the second best team in the NFC West. San Fran should take advantage this season. Doubtful they'll be able to stay on top in the NFC West for the foreseeable future.

cdyhybrid

Listening to Bill Simmons BS Report, and I quote "How many helmet-to-helmet hits did the Ravens have? They obviously all made a pact that they would cover each others' fines."

If you think Fox News is salty on the inauguration today, I raise you Simmons.

Simmons post-loss is always fantastic. I love his stuff, homerism and all.

Top Bottom