• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

eznark

Banned
All of them Apex?

Yeah, the Badgers were one of the big Apex teams when they tried to take on Starter. Barry got tons and tons of money out of it. They did Wisconsin's uniforms and everything. Totally fucked up on the uniforms but I loved the jackets and polo's.

I believe I can speak for all of Eagles GAF and say that we do not condone cheering for injuries or the results of those injuries.

Today a line was crossed. The Patriots lost a home game in the playoffs. Everyone should be extra sensitive to New England and their fans' plight. They are not used to competing without the assistance of the other team's practice tape and game plan.

It is our job to cultivate an environment of understanding here. I believe us as Eagles fans can take the first step to that understanding.

Eagles fans do not partake in Schadenfreude unless it involves Bruce Smith.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1iQQ0hJoto0#t=166s

True story.

Wait you actually laughed about Ridley? Seriously?

I didn't answer your question because it's pointless and talking about my actions. Which have nothing to do with yours. We're talking about you taking pleasure in seeing someone get knocked out. What the fuck does me telling someone to stop using the word retarded have to do with that?

i will be 100% honest. i said DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! and i chuckled

it was an exciting play and i love seeing hits like that in football. i said the samething when VD got blown up against the seahawks. i dont want the guy dead of course but whether we want to admit it or not we like the violence and the danger of the game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So you're telling me that you can't cheer for Brady? Let's say as a hypothetical that he kicks Reed just right, he falls on his neck and is paralyzed. Then what? It's the same reason why people hate Suh. It's one thing to get injured in the natural flow of the game. It's another when you have some shit head dick kicking, stomping in the chest, trying to rip your head off, or pulling a Daniel LaRusso while sliding. In some peoples minds it then becomes fair game for an opposing team to go after them.

Cops and Firefighters risk their lives to save lives. Smokers are dumbfucks. Athletes know the risks they take. If one was to live life thinking shit, I'm going to get shot if I'm a cop, get cancer if I smoke, or know that they are going to blow out their knees, then no one would do shit. They would lie around fearful of getting out of bed, knowing that they will break their necks in the shower, or die in a house fire from making toast.

I'm not trying to trivialize injury, but these guys have some of the best doctors in the world working for them. They have the money and the know how to come back nearly as good, or in some cases better. If you really want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for high school athletes that are injured, and if they don't have good insurance or help, are shit out of luck.

No it's different because nobody got hurt, but had Ed got hurt I wouldn't be able to deal with that. I sometimes struggle with KG and his antics, it's pretty obnoxious especially if what he said to Tim Duncan is true. Brady doesn't have a rep as a dirty player, but after that he has some serious explaining to do. Prior to the unveiling of Ray Allen as a diva, I had massive respect for his class and work ethic... then the twitter thing happened, and due to his rep I gave him the benefit of the doubt, then he elbowed Andy in the balls, and I was pretty taken back by it. Brady has been around a long time, and he has gotten very scared of contact, I still have my doubts he would go after Ed Reed, especially with how much they both respect eachother. I think Brady was bitching out, scared he was going to take a shot after the slide (if you watch his first slide, he started to late and took a huge shot, that one was on him), so he stuck his foot out to try and absorb the contact, and this is me hoping. I'd like to hear his side on it.

edit-

it was an exciting play and i love seeing hits like that in football. i said the samething when VD got blown up against the seahawks. i dont want the guy dead of course but whether we want to admit it or not we like the violence and the danger of the game.

Big hits are one thing. But did you cheer for Heyward Bey earlier in the season? I mean you see the big hit, and if they get up or they wince or get up a little slow you go DAMNNNNNNNN, as does everyone... but then if the player isn't moving or is knocked out, I think it's time to take a step back, and hope this guy is ok. If you can't get behind that than that's fine, but I won't get behind it and I'll argue it, and as I've said before, generally there will be plenty of others who agree with me.

Dragon

Banned

I think we all do that to a certain extent. I'm talking about being a soulless douchebag once it's clear that there's something wrong and thinking it's funny to cheer about it. Even though you're a scatmaniac I doubt you'd stoop to being a sociopath.

eznark

Banned
I think we all do that to a certain extent. I'm talking about being a soulless douchebag once it's clear that there's something wrong and thinking it's funny to cheer about it. Even though you're a scatmaniac I doubt you'd stoop to being a sociopath.

Pretty sure everyone shits on Troy Aikman.

Bowser

Panthers have a 25% chance of being in the Super Bowl next year!!! Last 7 NFC champions have played the AFC East and the NFC South plays the AFC East next year:

2006: Bears, 2-2 vs. AFC East
2007: Giants, 3-1 vs. AFC East
2008: Cardinals, 2-2 vs. AFC East
2009: Saints, 4-0 vs. AFC East
2010: Packers, 2-2 vs. AFC East
2011: Giants, 4-0 vs. AFC East
2012: 49ers, 4-0 vs. AFC East

Fox318

Can't unread it. :(

AL37EzMh.jpg

JABEE

But the Patriots won so deal with it you Santa hating ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

I feel like you just crossed the line here. Things are usually great in here but you took it to a different level with this post. I really want you to understand that, because I think you are a valuable poster and represent Jaguars fans well. It's a shame that you say things like this.

cdyhybrid

Wait you actually laughed about Ridley? Seriously?

I didn't answer your question because it's pointless and talking about my actions. Which have nothing to do with yours. We're talking about you taking pleasure in seeing someone get knocked out. What the fuck does me telling someone to stop using the word retarded have to do with that?

I didn't actually. You assumed I did here:

I love this. On the one hand you make a point about maturity and on the other in the same post you say you post certain things to rile people up.

Then to make matters worse you mention completely irrelevant crap. Take responsibility for what you say and do. It's part of being an adult. Also the internet is real life. Pretending it's not to absolve yourself of guilt for acting like a jackass is about as immature as it gets.

I was begging Shanahan to take RG3 out of the game after the first quarter because it was clear something terrible was going to happen. I fully understand that these injuries are terrible and I would never wish them on anyone, but I also don't throw a hissy fit everytime someone makes a joke about it, because it doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

You and the other guy are acting as if people in this thread are frothing at the mouth waiting for Brady's or Ridley's skull to be split in half and seeing them die on the field. It's fucking annoying and it's not accurate.

Speaking of starter jackets, you weren't shit in middle school unless you owned a Breakaway.

gMbVm6N.jpg

For whatever reason the Charlotte Hornets was second in popularity only to the Cowboys one.

God damn look at all those amazing, now lost logos.

Oilers, Supersonics, Broncos, Atlanta Hawks...Classic logos to me. I remember Eastbay too vividly it seems.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pretty sure everyone shits on Troy Aikman.

Now that you mention it, I'm struggling to remember a time in the past two and a half years I've been posting here that people didn't make sarcastic jokes about a concussion riddled player.

The Giants-Bears game a while back was amazing with the whole edited whiteboard picture.

I feel like you just crossed the line here. Things are usually great in here but you took it to a different level with this post. I really want you to understand that, because I think you are a valuable poster and represent Jaguars fans well. It's a shame that you say things like this.

I apologize.Too many i's.

Talon

Steve Young is surprisingly articulate considering he had 9 million concussions.

I just had an awesome idea. The NFL Hall of Fame should have .gifs of great plays from every player in the hall running constantly.

mr2xxx

Banned
Yeah, the Badgers were one of the big Apex teams when they tried to take on Starter. Barry got tons and tons of money out of it. They did Wisconsin's uniforms and everything. Totally fucked up on the uniforms but I loved the jackets and polo's.

Not bad, I don't think I have seen any Redskins apex jacket though. But I think it'll be hard to beat something as sexy as this.
5398524234_019d300599_z.jpg

Dragon

Banned
I was begging Shanahan to take RG3 out of the game after the first quarter because it was clear something terrible was going to happen. I fully understand that these injuries are terrible and I would never wish them on anyone, but I also don't throw a hissy fit everytime someone makes a joke about it, because it doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

You and the other guy are acting as if people in this thread are frothing at the mouth waiting for Brady's or Ridley's skull to be split in half and seeing them die on the field. It's fucking annoying and it's not accurate.

Oh it's annoying to be called out on your bullshit? Too fucking bad. Maybe if you stopped flinging your shit against the wall you wouldn't get so annoyed at my self righteous posts.

Ridley's situation I thought was funny because of how it played out, not because he looked legitimately hurt. Like you see him disintegrate and all of a sudden you see all these people piling for the loose ball and nobody cares about Ridley except for the medical staff (even the coaches were focused on the loose ball pileup), and all of a sudden you see the Ravens player come out of the pile dancing about while Ridley just lays there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I didn't actually. You assumed I did here:

Now you're the one blowing it out of proportion. I'm not frothing at the mouth, this is the stuff I'm arguing, the gross over exaggerations, the misconceptions, and the misreading of my posts. On the page where the Ridley gif was posted, and I don't mean to call anyone out, someone openly said "I had to rewind and watch Ridley walk into the wall 6 times"... wtf? We know what this is now, this is awful news for Ridley. On top of that all of a bunch of posts start talking about how awesome Bernard Pollard is, and posts a picture of a shirt with exed out names. It's a bitch move for 2 reasons- 1 it's rooting for the other teams best player to be out, similar to how when Peyton was supposedly down, Brady won by default and people were happy about this. and 2. this is a game at the end of the day, and nobody is going out there, hoping to seriously injure or ruin somebodies life. ACLs are definitely tough to watch go, knowing the road they'll have to battle back through, but head injuries are a permanent long term injury. Not that he's a big name, but Jahvid Best's career is done, and his quality of life is probably half of what it would've been had it not happened.

cdyhybrid

God damn look at all those amazing, now lost logos.

Oilers, Supersonics, Broncos, Atlanta Hawks...Classic logos to me. I remember Eastbay too vividly it seems.

The Sonics will be back.

Breakdown of early Senior Bowl practices

Glad to hear Trufant is doing well. Whoever drafts him is getting a great player. He completely shut down Marqise Lee, who will likely be a top 5 pick next year.

Oh it's annoying to be called out on your bullshit? Too fucking bad. Maybe if you stopped flinging your shit against the wall you wouldn't get so annoyed at my self righteous posts.

Look in the mirror pal. Just like I have to deal with your faux-outrage, you'll have to deal with the RG3 photoshops, Ridley jokes, and Brady death-wishes. Welcome to the internet.

Now you're the one blowing it out of proportion. I'm not frothing at the mouth, this is the stuff I'm arguing, the gross over exaggerations, the misconceptions, and the misreading of my posts. On the page where the Ridley gif was posted, and I don't mean to call anyone out, someone openly said "I had to rewind and watch Ridley walk into the wall 6 times"... wtf? We know what this is now, this is awful news for Ridley. On top of that all of a bunch of posts start talking about how awesome Bernard Pollard is, and posts a picture of a shirt with exed out names. It's a bitch move for 2 reasons- 1 it's rooting for the other teams best player to be out, similar to how when Peyton was supposedly down, Brady won by default and people were happy about this. and 2. this is a game at the end of the day, and nobody is going out there, hoping to seriously injure or ruin somebodies life. ACLs are definitely tough to watch go, knowing the road they'll have to battle back through, but head injuries are a permanent long term injury. Not that he's a big name, but Jahvid Best's career is done, and his quality of life is probably half of what it would've been had it not happened.

I never said you were frothing at the mouth. But anyway, I know what you're talking about, and I never got the idea that he was deriving pleasure from seeing Ridley suffer a serious injury. I read that as more chuckling at the absurdity and slapstick nature of the event described. Obviously it's fair to feel that it's a bit off-taste to chuckle about it, but I never got any genuine malice or bloodlust from that post.

Blearth

Banned
This Superbowl is making me feel old as shit. I can remember so many details from the night of our last Superbowl, and now....it's 12 fucking years later. Damn.

Niners fans, I know most of you are new to football, but your team has actually won several times. You can read about it on Wikipedia.
I was watching games at the Stick when the Ravens were nothing more than a twinkle in Baltimore's eye.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Maybe its a good thing the Pats didnt make the SB.No Gronk,Ridley or Talib.

I said it before... I was mourning the pats when the falcons lost. I knew the ravens game was already going to be tough enough, but I personally didn't think we had enough to win 2 games in a row, against 2 tough smash mouth teams in a row without Gronk. Even with Gronk it was definitely an uphill battle.

I had the Broncos starter jacket, with the big D and horse and ugly orange, because my patents were cheap and it was on clearance. Then they got good.

For whatever awful reason there's a dolphins one lying around the house somewhere... have no idea where that came from. Also got a pats one. Pretty sure the front of these have MASSIVE pockets.

Top Bottom