• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This Superbowl is making me feel old as shit. I can remember so many details from the night of our last Superbowl, and now....it's 12 fucking years later. Damn.

Niners fans, I know most of you are new to football, but your team has actually won several times. You can read about it on Wikipedia.

YOU feel old as shit? Holy crap, I JUST saw this:

i've been a niners fan since 1991 (season after the roger craig fumble)

Only 91? WTF! I could've sworn you were still senior SF guy around here. I remember bits and pieces of SB XVI as a 3 year old back in 82, but it wasn't until SB XIX that I remember beyond a few faint glimpses of memories and can recall everything around SB week and the game. 19-freaking-91...my fanview of FMT, shattered! He really is just a kid!

So now I feel old, even though I'm not even 35 yet.

That only lasts like 9 more months or so :(

cdyhybrid

This is a done deal already. When does it officially get reinstated?

The NBA Board of Governors have to approve the sale, and relocation must be applied for by March 1st. The league is giving Kevin Johnson a chance to form a group and make a counter offer, but all signs point to the sale and move being a forgone conclusion. Hansen and Ballmer would most likely not have signed that deal if they didn't feel very good about the sale and relocation eventually succeeding. If it all passes, they'll be playing in Seattle next season.

Yea I'm not an NBA/Basketball fan at all, but always loved the SuperSonics older logo. With an NBA team back in Seattle, hope to see them get an NHL team.

The local radio station did a poll asking which logo people want when the team returns and this logo was the overwhelming favorite:

J5dXWQq.gif

They used it from the 70s til the mid 90s.

Miguel

The NBA Board of Governors have to approve the sale, and relocation must be applied for by March 1st. The league is giving Kevin Johnson a chance to form a group and make a counter offer, but all signs point to the sale and move being a forgone conclusion. Hansen and Ballmer would most likely not have signed that deal if they didn't feel very good about the sale and relocation eventually succeeding.

The local radio station did a poll asking which logo people want when the team returns and this logo was the overwhelming favorite:

J5dXWQq.gif

They used it from the 70s til the mid 90s.

Fuck the Sonics!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is where it all begins. "3 NFC Championship Game Appearances is just as good as a Super Bowl.

My main reasoning for it is because at the end of the day when looking at a teams legacy or discussing it, 3-2 sounds a lot better than 3-3. It really ultimately becomes about what you wont, but it's still in the conversation, for instance Elway won 2 to end it, but lost his first 3. The order of which it happened is an advantage, but it's still something to consider. Obviously on the other hand any given sunday, your team can can win, just have to imagine it would take a lot for the pats in their state to win.

mr2xxx

Banned
Look in the mirror pal. Just like I have to deal with your faux-outrage, you'll have to deal with the RG3 photoshops, Ridley jokes, and Brady death-wishes. Welcome to the internet.

Noone has to deal with it. This is a private forum that's moderated loosely because we don't act like assholes to each other for the most part. If you want to continue with that mentality it could change with a quickness, so keep it in house and just apologize or drop it altogether.

I said it before... I was mourning the pats when the falcons lost. I knew the ravens game was already going to be tough enough, but I personally didn't think we had enough to win 2 games in a row, against 2 tough smash mouth teams in a row without Gronk. Even with Gronk it was definitely an uphill battle.

For whatever awful reason there's a dolphins one lying around the house somewhere... have no idea where that came from. Also got a pats one. Pretty sure the front of these have MASSIVE pockets.

New England needs to get back to being a physical team like they were with Bruschi,Seymour etc.

Godslay

Banned
I had the Broncos starter jacket, with the big D and horse and ugly orange, because my patents were cheap and it was on clearance. Then they got good.

I was about to go to bed, but I had to comment on this. 90s Larry is welcome to Broncos age anytime he feels like jumping on his way back machine.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Noone has to deal with it. This is a private forum that's moderated loosely because we don't act like assholes to each other for the most part. If you want to continue with that mentality it could change with a quickness, so keep it in house and just apologize or drop it altogether.

This is my point exactly. I know it's a forum on the internet, but I picked this place over others for a reason. It gets ridiculous, but generally it's a funny place, and over the top trolling or straight up being an asshole isn't tolerated very long at all around here. If everyone wanted what CDY is fighting for they'd just head over to 4chan.

squicken

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/Dikembe%20Nuggets.jpg[/IG]

Only reason Rockets won the title. Fuck Jordan. Payton/Peyton has haunted the city of Houston for 2 decades.[/QUOTE]

pfft. Rockets would have smoked Jordan out of the league the year before his suspension if Stern didn't fix the game 7 in 93 vs the Sonics

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9n6JJgq-E[/url]

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
New England needs to get back to being a physical team like they were with Bruschi,Seymour etc.

I think they're getting there or at least were this year. The line was getting pretty tough, and they were being more consistent in the run game. Spikes, Mayo, and Hightower bring a lot of strength in the run game, but they really struggle to use this to their advantage in the passing game. Also Talib and Dennard really were pretty good at jamming receivers up at the line, which is something they could use a ton.

Anna Burns Wesker said:
"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"
I'm sure it was posted already but Idc. About time someone spoke up. Lewis is a complete fraud, honestly one fo the most fraudulent sports stars I can remember.

JABEE

My main reasoning for it is because at the end of the day when looking at a teams legacy or discussing it, 3-2 sounds a lot better than 3-3. It really ultimately becomes about what you wont, but it's still in the conversation, for instance Elway won 2 to end it, but lost his first 3. The order of which it happened is an advantage, but it's still something to consider. Obviously on the other hand any given sunday, your team can can win, just have to imagine it would take a lot for the pats in their state to win.

I don't know. Losing in the AFC Championship Game is worse than losing it in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots legacy should be seen like Barry Bonds. Yes he was a great hitter, but he could never hit 72 home runs without the juice.

The Patriots were never able to win the Super Bowl without cameras. The only difference is the league is protecting the Patriots and their legacy. Barry Bonds and the rest of the juicers were exposed at the first moment that they were no longer useful.

cdyhybrid

Guess it's okay to steal teams now, huh, Seattle fans?

The team was going to leave at some point anyway, and the Hansen/Ballmer group made no effort to pretend they wanted to keep the team there. It's a terrible situation for Sacramento but it's not exactly what happened in Seattle. The popular feeling up here was that we wanted an expansion team, but that wasn't going to happen.

You say that like I'm celebrating concussions or something. Don't bitch at me.

Dikembe%20Nuggets.jpg

Only reason Rockets won the title. Fuck Jordan. Payton/Peyton has haunted the city of Houston for 2 decades.

Guess whose jersey is probably getting retired at Game 1 :p

This is my point exactly. I know it's a forum on the internet, but I picked this place over others for a reason. It gets ridiculous, but generally it's a funny place, and over the top trolling or straight up being an asshole isn't tolerated very long at all around here. If everyone wanted what CDY is fighting for they'd just head over to 4chan.

I don't disagree with upholding a standard compared to 4chan or something, but posts of that nature have been happening forever. I don't mean to dismiss your concerns in any way and I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, but if it were that big of a problem wouldn't some mods have stepped in? Or if it bothers you that much, maybe you should PM one of them and bring it up, since they don't have the time to read every post of every thread. Because I'm 95% sure that crusading for it in this thread isn't going to change a thing.

YOU feel old as shit? Holy crap, I JUST saw this:

Only 91? WTF! I could've sworn you were still senior SF guy around here. I remember bits and pieces of SB XVI as a 3 year old back in 82, but it wasn't until SB XIX that I remember beyond a few faint glimpses of memories and can recall everything around SB week and the game. 19-freaking-91...my fanview of FMT, shattered! He really is just a kid!

So now I feel old, even though I'm not even 35 yet.

That only lasts like 9 more months or so :(

Whoa you're older than me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You say that like I'm celebrating concussions or something. Don't bitch at me.

You're not cheering it, but you're also sitting here saying well who cares if you do it? Being apathetic towards isn't helping it, but it's also not trying to get that shit out of here. Again that's not why most of us are fans of the game, and head injuries are no joke.

I'm sure it was posted already but Idc. About time someone spoke up. Lewis is a complete fraud, honestly one fo the most fraudulent sports stars I can remember.

While I agree there's definitely a lot that's shady about Ray, I thought this was completely salty and a shitty bitter gesture.

squicken

The team was going to leave at some point anyway, and the Hansen/Ballmer group made no effort to pretend they wanted to keep the team there. It's a terrible situation for Sacramento but it's not exactly what happened in Seattle. The popular feeling up here was that we wanted an expansion team, but that wasn't going to happen.

:p

I'm sure OKC would have rather had an expansion team. And the Sonics were going to leave at some point anyway, as well. They couldn't get an arena and Starbucks guy didn't care who he sold to, as long as he got his money

Spinluck

I like how Wes Welker's wife conveniently left out that her husband's quarterback has had two wives and one where he split with her while she was pregnant.

I don't even think he was married to the pregnant chick(might be wrong).

Also what's with these Pats players having their wives speak for them?

Bitchmade team indeed. She can't accept that her hubby is a choke receiver.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I like how Wes Welker's wife conveniently left out that her husband's quarterback has had two wives and one where he split with her while she was pregnant.

It's still a bitch move, but Brady has only had 1 wife, and even if he'd had 2, Ray has doubled that. Not that I'm arguing against ray here, just playing devil's advocate.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't even think he was married to the pregnant chick(might be wrong).

Also what's with these Pats players having their wives speak for them?

Bitchmade team indeed. She can't accept that her hubby is a choke receiver.

It's really obnoxious and has become a running theme, last year it was with Giselle. I love what Welk brings to the table, but there's no amount of damage control for his last 2 post season performances.

cdyhybrid

I'm sure OKC would have rather had an expansion team. And the Sonics were going to leave at some point anyway, as well. They couldn't get an arena and Starbucks guy didn't care who he sold to, as long as he got his money

OKC would rather have had an expansion team then take the one with the second best player in the NBA on it? I doubt that. The only reason the Kings are the team moving up here is because they were the one that was available. If it were the Bobcats or the Hornets it wouldn't change a thing up here.

I will give you that the people most responsible for these situations are Howard Schultz and the Maloofs. They both let their franchises reach a point where they lost public favor and it became a burden to keep them there. They both knew the teams were leaving when they sold.

You are just putting words in my mouth, stop playing the victim. You are just dense if you don't get what I'm saying.

You're putting words in mine, too. I absolutely get what you are saying, but if it bothers someone that much, they should be talking to a mod, because they can and will actually do something about it if they feel it's appropriate.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Man this community is the only non-PC bastion on GAF anymore. Quit trying to ruin it.

While I don't want it to be entirely PC, I think there is a line there, but my initial argument and point came from the dramatic turn of events all because the pats lost. Ridley's a good enough guy, why does he get looped in with the pats hate he's only been there 2 years... It's about becoming the very thing that all these hypocritical people complain about themselves. There has to be some understanding there, I mean the guy was knocked out for a significant amount of time, couldn't even walk straight.

i've been a niners fan since 1991 (season after the roger craig fumble) and i just remember not understanding why the 49ers weren't in the playoffs when we won 10 games. i was so pissed about that and then losing in 92 and 93 made me fucking hate the cowboys. i remember distinctly wishing that alvin harper died a horrible death. then finally in 8th grade we won the superbowl (which i have on VHS somewhere back home). i still vividly remember just going crazy with all the early touchdowns.

i didn't watch it with my best pal (who is still my best friend that i work with and we are both life long niner fans and lovers) because my mom/dad wouldn't give me a ride over to his house so i watched the superbowl alone because none of my family liked football although my brother liked to talk shit to me when we lost to dallas for some reason.

then i collected every newspaper article, every magazine and taped all the stuff i could on VHS. i also remember after beating the cowboys in that nfc title game i watched espn all day and all night reliving the game over and over again. then after sportscenter ended for the 3rd or 4th time they said come back for more sportscenter or tune into ESPN 2 to see every 49ers superbowl replay! so i said fuck off school its niner time! and i watched those old school 30 minute highlights of all our superbowls and went to sleep past midnight.

then coming into school that monday was so awesome. i talked so much shit to my english teacher since he trash talked the niners all the time. i had my sweet ass niners gold jacket that i used to wear every fucking day to school. i loved that jacket!

a5bbbf813359a173edc07cb731d72edc_view.jpg

it was a more innocent time.... before the internet!

I see your

kgrhqvpmfbn3fec9bqbdy2luu4.jpg

and raise ...

t2ec16jqe9s3heezrbqhilupor.jpg

Been a fan since '89 and vividly remember the drive even though I was 7 at the time...My 5th grade teacher was a diehard Cowboys fan and would constantly tease our class about how great Aikman/Emitt/Irvin were. We all hated her....

Spinluck

It's really obnoxious and has become a running theme, last year it was with Giselle. I love what Welk brings to the table, but there's no amount of damage control for his last 2 post season performances.

They should invest in some imaginary wives/girlfriends.

While I don't want it to be entirely PC, I think there is a line there, but my initial argument and point came from the dramatic turn of events all because the pats lost. Ridley's a good enough guy, why does he get looped in with the pats hate he's only been there 2 years... It's about becoming the very thing that all these hypocritical people complain about themselves. There has to be some understanding there, I mean the guy was knocked out for a significant amount of time, couldn't even walk straight.

Nobody wants anyone hurt. People want a hyperbolic immature exaggerated outlet because we are emotionally stunted American adult Males who can't deal with our ethnocentric feelings of our teams' failures in a healthy way. Let us cope damn you! I need to project my pain on Ridley!

Top Bottom