• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

watching the barry sanders football life and although its been said a billion times, what a shame that this dude wasted away on mediocre teams. he got into the hall of fame as he deserved but its like the football world was stripped of great playoff/superbowl performances because he was on the lions

watching the barry sanders football life and although its been said a billion times, what a shame that this dude wasted away on mediocre teams. he got into the hall of fame as he deserved but its like the football world was stripped of great playoff/superbowl performances because he was on the lions

I feel the same way about J-Gar.

Shades of Megatron

Jason Garrett?

jeffgarcia.jpg

I'm talking about the Rich Man's Tony Romo, the Mexican Magician, the Freckled Phenom Jeff Garcia.

I was just thinking about Ray Lewis ( I do pretty much all the time). He's the last player who has been with team since their very first game. That's very cool. Win or lose, his last game is going to be incredibly emotional. I'm not gonna lie, I cried a lot during the last game.

Pats fans cried too, but for different reasons.

jakncoke

Banned
Tony Gonzalez and Ray Lewis are one the last remaining that started before I started watchied(98' season) Going to be crazy when there is nothing but players that started several years after I started watched, im getting old :/

jeffgarcia.jpg

I'm talking about the Rich Man's Tony Romo, the Mexican Magician, the Freckled Phenom Jeff Garcia.

Damn why did you post this pic? I'm going to have another week long boner. Too bad that wench cast a spell on him and drained his youthful exuberence.

I hope life
Treats you kind
AND I hope
You have all
You dreamed of eeee offfff
And I wisha you JOY!
And happiness
Butaboveallthis....
I wish you...
Love eeee oveee....

jakncoke

Banned
If ray and gonzo retire I think the pre-1998 list will only be

Ronde Barber
Jason Hanson
Olindo Mare
Adam Vinatieri

Edit; I feel really sorry for Jason Hanson 1992 to now all for the Lions. thats like a million losses

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Man, I got a Summons for grand jury duty. boo.

Grand jury duty is much better than regular jury duty. You know when they need you and you don't even send anyone up the river, just recommend that they be sent up the river.

e- sorry fv. Home now, but impaired. Will get to those images tomorrow.

I love megatron and everything, but I'm pretty sure this is his peak. Barry Sanders numbers alone are head and shoulders over just about every other great running back. If he didn't retire early he would've broken several more records.

Hell Megatron could but up revolutionary numbers if he stays healthy. What if he has 1900 yards a season consistently? That would be ridiculous

mr2xxx

Banned

Ronde Barber
Jason Hanson
Olindo Mare
Adam Vinatieri

Edit; I feel really sorry for Jason Hanson 1992 to now all for the Lions. thats like a million losses

It must suck to be a 40 y/o kicker on a young team. Who do you hang out with? Maybe the ST coaches since the players are too young to even relate to you. He probably grew up on 80s music and the only time they hear it is on a classical music station. He's more likely to have fucked the Kardashians mom than one of the daughters. Must be weird.

Greg

It must suck to be a 40 y/o kicker on a young team. Who do you hang out with? Maybe the ST coaches since the players are too young to even relate to you. He probably grew up on 80s music and the only time they hear it is on a classical music station. He's more likely to have fucked the Kardashians mom than one of the daughters. Must be weird.
If I could get that job at 40, I'd take it.

I'd even do things like send dick pics and sing Pants on the Ground just to fit in.

Spinluck

Ronde Barber
Jason Hanson
Olindo Mare
Adam Vinatieri

Goddamn, Vinny was in that Packers vs Pats Superbowl wasn't he?

Didn't even remember that Ronde was pre-98.
Holy shit time flies.

Pezking

i've been a niners fan since 1991 (season after the roger craig fumble) and i just remember not understanding why the 49ers weren't in the playoffs when we won 10 games. i was so pissed about that and then losing in 92 and 93 made me fucking hate the cowboys. i remember distinctly wishing that alvin harper died a horrible death. then finally in 8th grade we won the superbowl (which i have on VHS somewhere back home). i still vividly remember just going crazy with all the early touchdowns.

i didn't watch it with my best pal (who is still my best friend that i work with and we are both life long niner fans and lovers) because my mom/dad wouldn't give me a ride over to his house so i watched the superbowl alone because none of my family liked football although my brother liked to talk shit to me when we lost to dallas for some reason.

then i collected every newspaper article, every magazine and taped all the stuff i could on VHS. i also remember after beating the cowboys in that nfc title game i watched espn all day and all night reliving the game over and over again. then after sportscenter ended for the 3rd or 4th time they said come back for more sportscenter or tune into ESPN 2 to see every 49ers superbowl replay! so i said fuck off school its niner time! and i watched those old school 30 minute highlights of all our superbowls and went to sleep past midnight.

then coming into school that monday was so awesome. i talked so much shit to my english teacher since he trash talked the niners all the time. i had my sweet ass niners gold jacket that i used to wear every fucking day to school. i loved that jacket!

it was a more innocent time.... before the internet!

I fell in love with the Niners in 1992 when I was 14 years old. I bought "John Madden American Football" for Amiga, because I wanted to get into the sport, and it had that awesome handbook which explained almost everything about Football. Not just the rules, but also formations etc. - that was hard to come by for a schoolboy in Germany 20 years ago, before the internet!

I always picked San Francisco when playing the game (the Amiga version didn't have an NFL licence), and started watching the very few NFL games that were shown on german pay tv. That's how I learned to hate the cowboys as well. Many times I visited a good friend who lived in a nearby town that was closer to an american airbase. He could watch AFN at his home, but only in black and white and without any sound. He was also a Niners fan, and we watched many games that way. Often we met there with just the slight hope that a certain game would hopefully be shown. Without an AFN program guide (or the internet), it was often a gamble.

Superbowls were already shown on german pay tv, as well as monday night games. I still have the VHS tape of Super Bowl XXIX in the basement. I was so happy when Steve Young finally won his ring! I started wearing Niners clothes to school (and still do very often today), and watched every Monday Night Game with the niners. That would be from 3:00 am to 6:00 am around here - on a school day. I even remember watching the Niners against the Dolphins the night before my driving test! Despite having barely slept that night, I passed - and saw a Niners victory live just before that. Good times!

I never stopped watching and rooting for the Niners ever since. I started importing niners merchandising from the US. The comeback victory against the Giants in 2002 was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. I suffered through the Erickson-Nolan-Singletary years. And right now, Jim Harbaugh is my favorite person on this planet right after my wife, and I feel like I'm on top of the world.

Gonna start waiting tables again while looking for a "real" job now that I'm all college educated.

Got to thinking about the old days. I like waiting tables but remembered a time that some guy rang up a huge tab and paid his bill and left. As I was bussing the table I notice a ten dollar bill sticking out from under a plate. I'm think oh, sweet!

Turns out it was a fake bill with a "You should save your soul for christ" message on the back. I was so pissed my head nearly spun around. I ran outside and told the guy to fuck off. I made like 4 dollars an hour and worked hard to make sure people have a good time.

Looked it up and turns out it was big story a while back with some girl. I could have been e-famous on gaf or reddit. It was the same exact thing

Hopefully I'm not stuck doing this for super long though.

He could be a great coach if Jerrah wasn't over his shoulder!

Disagree, bro. Garrett is clearly over his head. Just think back to how our offense always instantly got better every time Garrett wasn't calling plays and Romo went no huddle. Dude can't make adjustments, has terrible clock management and even fucking managed to ice his own kicker.

colin-kaepernick-alex-smith.jpg

"Heard you talkin to coach about wantin yo job back bitch. That true?"

"N-n-No M-mister Ka-Kaepernick... N-No. I wouldnt. My hands are t-too small."

"Thought so."

Top Bottom