• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

bionic77

jbxZIeGSIBaivF.png

Yoshi's Epic Yarn?
Reminds me of Little Big Planet.

Speaking of which. Is that game any good? I got it for free when Sony was hacked and never bothered to play it.

Talon

Reminds me of Little Big Planet.

Speaking of which. Is that game any good? I got it for free when Sony was hacked and never bothered to play it.
How much do you like floaty jumping?

And I mean floaty in the sense of it feeling like there's glue on the X button.

Talon

Im talking more about gaming side but its also an open ended question.
Zelda remake and Mario Kart are the only games I see that apply to what you said. Mario reinvents itself every console gen (SNES -> N64 -> Wii).

We haven't seen a new Yoshi on consoles in a decade. The X game seems new. Shin Megami Tensei/Fire Emblem - that's new.

Zelda remake and Mario Kart are the only games I see that apply to what you said. Mario reinvents itself every console gen (SNES -> N64 -> Wii).

We haven't seen a new Yoshi on consoles in a decade. The X game seems new. Shin Megami Tensei/Fire Emblem - that's new.
Maybe im just done with Nintendo. I hope the games are great tho, especially for those who bought a wii u on launch.

GBA and DS games on the U is retarded.

They already portable. The only advantage would be the ability to play them on a bigger screen, and honestly I am worried they might look like shit on the bigger pad screen.

Though anyone with a Wii U that never played Fire Emblem better play the fuck out of the GBA versions of those games if they are released on Wii U or else we can't be friends anymore.
Well I never played any of the games on GBA and not really a portable gamer, that's why I'd like this
No announcement of N64 or Gamecube games was annoying. Guess they save that for later. Everything else looked great though.
Gets me kinda excited for E3 annoucements

How are people not sick of the same ten fucking games from Nintendo but shit on everyone else that's been releasing the same shit every fucking year this gen?
It's not the same content brah, it's not the same game

bionic77

Well I never played any of the games on GBA and not really a portable gamer, that's why I'd like this
Honestly I think I would prefer playing the GBA Fire Emblem games on the GBA (not the original the cute little one that folds up). That thing was so portable and the batteries lasted forever.

But I guess something is better than nothing. You really missed on some of the best games of the past 10 years by skipping portables. I thought the DS shat all over the home consoles last gen.

Honestly I think I would prefer playing the GBA Fire Emblem games on the GBA (not the original the cute little one that folds up). That thing was so portable and the batteries lasted forever.

But I guess something is better than nothing. You really missed on some of the best games of the past 10 years by skipping portables. I thought the DS shat all over the home consoles last gen.
Cajunater? I use to handheld game but stopped sometime around the DS life cycle. I did miss a bunch of franchises though, never played a fire emblem but did play some advance wars

Edit: also browns GAF I believe presser in 30 to introduce Norv

brentech

Taking my brother to the airport at 11. Finally will be free of family moochin all my alcohol and food.

We went to the Cavs Celtics game last night. Irving had a 40pt game and Cavs won, so that was at least fun.

Draxal

HD Windwaker seems kinda bad with out keeping the cell shading style, hopefully it's just prelim pictures.

I was kinda hoping they would continue with 3ds instead of the WIIU for fire emblem, the portable medium just fits it's so much better (especially since Int Systems is not actually not known for their graphical prowess).

bionic77

HD Windwaker seems kinda bad with out keeping the cell shading style, hopefully it's just prelim pictures.

I was kinda hoping they would continue with 3ds instead of the WIIU for fire emblem, the portable medium just fits it's so much better (especially since Int Systems is not actually not known for their graphical prowess).
Who cares about Wind Waker? I was excited when I thought it was a sequel to a great game (with some bad flaws that could easily be fixed).

I don't give a fuck about remakes. Who had a problem with Wind Wakers graphics? They still look pretty damn good on a SD tv.

Fantomex

I think Nintendo is smart and their fan base is pretty stupid. Again the same thing. 80% Nostalgia, 20% innovation on their same first party titles and still no third party support. But they will sell a ton of these things. Me, I learned my lesson with the Wii. Ill wait for their library to be halfway decent before purchasing one of their systems and there have been 2 price drops. The droughts with Nintendo are ridiculous, and then in the end you wait half a year for a Mario, Zelda or a remake in HD. I hope Nintendo is around forever but they will never change it seems.

Vyer

I've caught up more with gaming in this thread than I have in the last six months.

Might have to get me one of these Wii Us

I think Nintendo is smart and their fan base is pretty stupid. Again the same thing. 80% Nostalgia, 20% innovation on their same first party titles and still no third party support. But they will sell a ton of these things. Me, I learned my lesson with the Wii. Ill wait for their library to be halfway decent before purchasing one of their systems and there have been 2 price drops. The droughts with Nintendo are ridiculous, and then in the end you wait half a year for a Mario, Zelda or a remake in HD. I hope Nintendo is around forever but they will never change it seems.

Nintendo is just like any company. Expect the world from them and you will be disappointed.

Browns presser in about 7 minutes On clevelanndbrowns.com if you're interested browns Gaf

.....in all honesty I've probably completed like 2 games in the last couple years Mass effect and NSMBU

Bowser

Fuck Browns-GAF, you stole Norv Turner from the Panthers even though Chud is going to call the damn plays (I don't care if he said otherwise, Chud is Chud). I hope you guys suffer through yet another sub-.500 season!

Fantomex

Nintendo is just like any company. Expect the world from them and you will be disappointed.

That's the thing I don't. Since the GameCube era. The DS has an amazing Library, and the 3ds is getting there too. RPGs, sports games, strategy, shooters, action but nintendo consoles have a weak library. It's not much to ask for 3rd party support and new IPs. I mean look at xenoblade 2, if at the end of the trailer I would of put a generic title like Eternal Battle Odyssey, only for PS3 and 360. Everyone would of been like yaaaaaawn. But since Nintendo fans are so starved their like "omg this is the greatest rpg ever, look at those graphics and that combat system it's amazing"! I played a game like that 3 years ago called FF13. If peeps like Nintendo and their half asses efforts cool, I don't want to be a hater, I just dot want to get bamboozled either.

eznark

Banned
That's the thing I don't. Since the GameCube era. The DS has an amazing Library, and the 3ds is getting there too. RPGs, sports games, strategy, shooters, action but nintendo consoles have a weak library. It's not much to ask for 3rd party support and new IPs. I mean look at xenoblade 2, if at the end of the trailer I would of put a generic title like Eternal Battle Odyssey, only for PS3 and 360. Everyone would of been like yaaaaaawn. But since Nintendo fans are so starved their like "omg this is the greatest rpg ever, look at those graphics and that combat system it's amazing"! I played a game like that 3 years ago called FF13. If peeps like Nintendo and their half asses efforts cool, I don't want to e a hater, I just dot want to get bamboozled either.

lol

That's the thing I don't. Since the GameCube era. The DS has an amazing Library, and the 3ds is getting there too. RPGs, sports games, strategy, shooters, action but nintendo consoles have a weak library. It's not much to ask for 3rd party support and new IPs. I mean look at xenoblade 2, if at the end of the trailer I would of put a generic title like Eternal Battle Odyssey, only for PS3 and 360. Everyone would of been like yaaaaaawn. But since Nintendo fans are so starved their like "omg this is the greatest rpg ever, look at those graphics and that combat system it's amazing"! I played a game like that 3 years ago called FF13. If peeps like Nintendo and their half asses efforts cool, I don't want to e a hater, I just dot want to get bamboozled either.

FF13 was nothing like Xenoblade.

You're letting your bias taint your opinion of the games you play. I get your point, and Nintendo fans are notorious for overhyping games that have existed someplace else. That said it sounds like you're depriving yourself for fear of getting burned.

Your problem is easily solved though. Wait 4 years, buy a Wii U (or any console, frankly) when it has amassed a library of games you want. If you buy the console on launch day and let it sit there while you wait for games you want you're gonna be pissed.

Talon

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that hardcore football fans would all happen to be turn-based strategy nerds.
That's the thing I don't. Since the GameCube era. The DS has an amazing Library, and the 3ds is getting there too. RPGs, sports games, strategy, shooters, action but nintendo consoles have a weak library. It's not much to ask for 3rd party support and new IPs. I mean look at xenoblade 2, if at the end of the trailer I would of put a generic title like Eternal Battle Odyssey, only for PS3 and 360. Everyone would of been like yaaaaaawn. But since Nintendo fans are so starved their like "omg this is the greatest rpg ever, look at those graphics and that combat system it's amazing"! I played a game like that 3 years ago called FF13. If peeps like Nintendo and their half asses efforts cool, I don't want to be a hater, I just dot want to get bamboozled either.
Xenoblade and FF13 could not be further away from each other.

Top Bottom