• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well my Steam list is Witcher 2, FTL, Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs and Awesomenauts. You're probably right. I learned my lesson though, DON'T criticize Nintendo, even in an OT thread.

But Nintendo is great for Steam junkies when you're itching for something completely different.

Im just speaking the truth.
Doubtful, otherwise this wouldn't mean anything special:

20080207_181Big.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Football talk:

No real shock but seems not a guarantee that Weeden will be the starter. But thankfully Norv seems to know what he excels at and will work with those talents.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Way too much non football talk considering we are leading up to the greatest and most significant Superbowl of all time.

Even when my team is in the Super Bowl, I get tired of the media saturation. Most of it is feel good fluff done to give people like my mother in law an incentive to watch one football game a year for a reason other than commercials.

It'll be nice to watch the game without the whole family this year, just me and the wife! No having to turn up the volume for the commercials and then everyone talking loudly over the commentary and ignoring the game.

Greg

Even when my team is in the Super Bowl, I get tired of the media saturation. Most of it is feel good fluff done to give people like my mother in law an incentive to watch one football game a year for a reason other than commercials.

It'll be nice to watch the game without the whole family this year, just me and the wife! No having to turn up the volume for the commercials and then talking loudly over the commentary and everyone ignoring the game.
It's my birthday that day. Come out and party with me.

effzee

So several sources are reporting that the Eagles have basically hired Ed Donatell from the 9ers to be their DC. They have to wait until after the SB to announce it though. I am wondering if any 9ers fans have any feelings about him , hopefully this means the Eagles are sticking with a 4-3.

Would love some thoughts from FMT or other 49ers fans on this move. I like that his OC and DC will be NFL guys. Love that he mentioned that he doesn't want too much of one thing or another. Wants a healthy mix of college and NFL coaches. Really dispelling fears of being a one system one trick pony type of coach. Everything so far points to adaptability which Reid never ever showed.

Jeff Moser also said that the Eagles are trying to restructure Vicks contract and that Chip will draft Ej Manuel. He said that Chip recruited EJ to the Ducks but he went to FSU since it was closer to home. I remember people saying last week that they thought Ej would be a good fit with the Eagles and Chip, I just wonder where they would have to take him. Would he be there in the 3rd, or will they have to use their 2nd round pick to get him.

Sounds like a plan but who the hell is EJ Manuel and what do I need to know about him?

It'll be nice to watch the game without the whole family this year, just me and the wife! No having to turn up the volume for the commercials and then everyone talking loudly over the commentary and ignoring the game.

But we don't have to talk about the game. Lets talk about the Pats losing. Other than talking about your own team, it's pretty much everybody's second favorite topic.

effzee

I think Nintendo is smart and their fan base is pretty stupid. Again the same thing. 80% Nostalgia, 20% innovation on their same first party titles and still no third party support. But they will sell a ton of these things. Me, I learned my lesson with the Wii. Ill wait for their library to be halfway decent before purchasing one of their systems and there have been 2 price drops. The droughts with Nintendo are ridiculous, and then in the end you wait half a year for a Mario, Zelda or a remake in HD. I hope Nintendo is around forever but they will never change it seems.

You can criticize Nintendo all you want and dislike their output all you want but please don't be stupid yourself and claim they release the same stuff. Each console Zelda, Mario, or other major IP tries to go out its way to reintroduce a familiar game or change the formula up completely. They might not make many new IPs but their existing franchises rarely are released every single year as the same exact game with just better graphics.

Of course I wish they had better 3rd party support and released a more constant stream of games without droughts but they don't lack innovation. They again apologized for SS not being different enough when that game received some of the highest praise of any game released that year.

Wrayfield

You can criticize Nintendo all you want and dislike their output all you want but please don't be stupid yourself and claim they release the same stuff. Each console Zelda, Mario, or other major IP tries to go out its way to reintroduce a familiar game or change the formula up completely. They might not make many new IPs but their existing franchises rarely are released every single year as the same exact game with just better graphics.

Of course I wish they had better 3rd party support and released a more constant stream of games without droughts but they don't lack innovation. They again apologized for SS not being different enough when that game received some of the highest praise of any game released that year.

I just want Pikmin, dammit!

Narag

But we don't have to talk about the game. Lets talk about the Pats losing. Other than talking about your own team, it's pretty much everybody's second favorite topic.
After seeing such regression in the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised if they miss the playoffs next year barring a much needed change at QB to revitalize the offense.

Fantomex

You're absolutely right and oh hey, nice avatar.

Dragon

Banned

What exactly is with them running the comically titled New Super Mario Bros. brand into the ground then? Those games directly contradict exactly what you're saying here.

I won't even get into Pokemon.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What exactly is with them running the comically titled New Super Mario Bros. brand into the ground then? Those games directly contradict exactly what you're saying here.

I won't even get into Pokemon.

I really wish they would run 3D mario into the ground instead. With these 2D versions, I feel like I own the same game on 3DS and Wii U.

Wrayfield

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/common/medialib/264/544966.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Don't be that guy, even I am tired of this old shit. It was cool, but we need something more recent, mang.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm proud, but it's just sad. It's like the Steelers glorifying their roid 70s and the Packers and Bears going on about their 17 "championships" from when AssCreedIII took place or whatever.

ari

Banned
Very impressed by Nintendo.

Panic mode Nintendo is best Nintendo i see.

Edit: not sure why people are arguing about Nintendo's IP output. That is just the state of the gaming industry.

bionic77

You're like my friend who brags about getting 1k back in taxes but forgets the fact that he overpaid in the first place!
Wait until you get older and you don't get any refunds and are happy when you don't owe any more money.

ez and republicans are right that we pay too much in taxes. I am ok with taxes for infrastructure, but I wish some politician had the balls to take the axe to the military and medicare spending. Especially the military.

I've got a buddy who is a Dolphins fan.

All he ever talks about is the perfect season. That's his response to everything I ever say about the Dolphins or Packers.
It's all we have. Even Dan Marino is a sore subject at this point because of his lack of rings.

Don't be that guy, even I am tired of this old shit. It was cool, but we need something more recent, mang.
I'm just messin', I don't really mean it seriously.

Top Bottom