• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Fantomex

FF13 was nothing like Xenoblade.

You're letting your bias taint your opinion of the games you play. I get your point, and Nintendo fans are notorious for overhyping games that have existed someplace else. That said it sounds like you're depriving yourself for fear of getting burned.

Your problem is easily solved though. Wait 4 years, buy a Wii U (or any console, frankly) when it has amassed a library of games you want. If you buy the console on launch day and let it sit there while you wait for games you want you're gonna be pissed.

I agree with you and said as much. Gonna wait for a couple of price drops on the wii U and then reap the benefits of waiting. get to that one fiddy sweet spot :)

bionic77

FF13 was nothing like Xenoblade.

You're letting your bias taint your opinion of the games you play. I get your point, and Nintendo fans are notorious for overhyping games that have existed someplace else. That said it sounds like you're depriving yourself for fear of getting burned.

Your problem is easily solved though. Wait 4 years, buy a Wii U (or any console, frankly) when it has amassed a library of games you want. If you buy the console on launch day and let it sit there while you wait for games you want you're gonna be pissed.
The problem isn't Nintendo, it is Fantomex.

Why is he getting upset over Nintendo fans or gamers getting excited about new games?

That is the problem in a nutshell and is the problem with the gaming side.

hfvob.gif
Just said Norv was gonna call plays and coach Qbs

Fantomex

The problem isn't Nintendo, it is Fantomex.

Why is he getting upset over Nintendo fans or gamers getting excited about new games?

That is the problem in a nutshell and is the problem with the gaming side.

I'm not upset in the least bro. Just filed my taxes and getting hella paid this return. I just wish these nintendudes would demand more. Just like dolphin fans they get swayed too easily. Nintendo fans are getting Tedd Ginn Juniored!

I'm not upset in the least bro. Just filed my taxes and getting hella paid this return. I just wish these nintendudes would demand more. Just like dolphin fans they get swayed too easily. Nintendo fans are getting Tedd Ginn Juniored!

Demanding ain't gonna do shit and you know that. Why hate on what people like?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck Browns-GAF, you stole Norv Turner from the Panthers even though Chud is going to call the damn plays (I don't care if he said otherwise, Chud is Chud). I hope you guys suffer through yet another sub-.500 season!

Its nice to see other teams fans being salty for once.

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions have 2014's head coach on their staff already. Schwartz is really being generous to the organization!

The Detroit Lions hired three new position coaches this offseason, but running backs coach Curtis Modkins might have the brightest future. Lions coach Jim Schwartz believes Modkins has the makings of a future NFL head coach.

"I really think so," Schwartz said. "I've been very impressed with him so far. He brought that kind of offensive-coordinator command to his interviews. He spoke very knowledgeably about wide receivers, running backs and tight ends."

Modkins' coaching experience isn't limited to the offensive side of the ball. He also has experience working with defensive backs, handling that role at three different colleges, but he's thrived working with running backs in the NFL.

Dragon

Banned
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that hardcore football fans would all happen to be turn-based strategy nerds.

Xenoblade and FF13 could not be further away from each other.

Perhaps he meant more like FF12, which it is. I enjoyed Xenoblade.

You're like my friend who brags about getting 1k back in taxes but forgets the fact that he overpaid in the first place!

You are right about Nintendo fans. They buy whatever 2D Mario Nintendo releases, even if it's added practically nothing in 15-20 years!

JABEE

Fuck Browns-GAF, you stole Norv Turner from the Panthers even though Chud is going to call the damn plays (I don't care if he said otherwise, Chud is Chud). I hope you guys suffer through yet another sub-.500 season!

What a threat!

So several sources are reporting that the Eagles have basically hired Ed Donatell from the 9ers to be their DC. They have to wait until after the SB to announce it though. I am wondering if any 9ers fans have any feelings about him , hopefully this means the Eagles are sticking with a 4-3.

Jeff Moser also said that the Eagles are trying to restructure Vicks contract and that Chip will draft Ej Manuel. He said that Chip recruited EJ to the Ducks but he went to FSU since it was closer to home. I remember people saying last week that they thought Ej would be a good fit with the Eagles and Chip, I just wonder where they would have to take him. Would he be there in the 3rd, or will they have to use their 2nd round pick to get him.

I'd like to know about Ed Donatell too.

Nah I wish we could be vocal as we are with our GMs or coaches, but it's not gonna happen with our corporations.

Your wish is fundamentally flawed. Nintendo as a developer sells tens of millions of software per year, in some cases per title. People are being vocal with these corporations.

Don't be like Buckethead and think your hipster gamer opinion is the norm.

Dragon

Banned
Your wish is fundamentally flawed. Nintendo as a developer sells tens of millions of software per year, in some cases per title. People are being vocal with these corporations.

Man is this what I look like when I come off as a self-righteous prick? Wow. I need to stop that.

Talon

Yeah the plot is a mess of Star Wars cliches and what have you but the gameplay was enjoyable until I broke it.
At least it was a political backstab drama where the main actors were actually adults instead of a bunch of plucky underdogs with gravity defying hair saving the world from a meteor.

Fantomex

One 8-8 season and you become a troll. You think you know pain but you don't. Ask me and Kave.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that hardcore football fans would all happen to be turn-based strategy nerds.

I do all kinds of strategy. Realtime, turn based (both tactical and Civ type), city builders, and my personal favorite: Grand Strategy! (those map games Paradox makes). It's a huge genre that will never get properly exploited on Wii U with that touchpad.

Speaking of which, only thing that blew me away was Wind Waker HD. I didn't play Xenoblade but I do love some RPGs so I'm glad to see one arrive so early to a new system. Is it a 2014 title though?

Oh and unless Retro had a long enough break from Metroid Prime and are going to show a new one at E3 (I actually harbor an unreasonable expectation that this will happen), I still wish Metroid was mentioned. I even played the crap out of Metroid: BABYBABYBABY edition.

Greg

I'm so behind on gaming. I haven't even picked up a retail game since Hot Shots Golf for Vita.

The only thing I've really been playing is the beta for Mech Warrior Online on PC.

Talon

I do all kinds of strategy. Realtime, turn based (both tactical and Civ type), city builders, and my personal favorite: Grand Strategy! (those map games Paradox makes). It's a huge genre that will never get properly exploited on Wii U with that touchpad.
I really need to build a PC and start playing those games. I miss playing big strategy games.

Last video game I was really super hardcore into was WarCraft III back in the early 2000s. Just the whole act of countering and weighing risk is my favorite part of the entire strategy genre.

The iPad is really ideal for a hardcore strategy game. Ravensmark has done well enough at a "premium" price point, I really hope Paradox tackles that sometime in the next few years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was -20C (-4F) this morning and its gonna be -29 (-20F) tonight.

Somewhere I know Nori Chan is crying seeing those numbers.

cajunator

Banned
Floored by that Xenoblade 2 game. Floored.

As for the HD remake of Wind Waker, i'm on board but I would really enjoy it if the cut dungeons made it back in. The back half of that game was really dull.

Wow @ Zelda and HD Xenoblade.

That plus that 100 whatever game from Capcom is going to be enough for me to buy a WiiU.

Hopefully all these games are pad playable and I can play that shit in the bathroom while hiding from the wife and kids.

WAIT...WHAT?!
HOLY FUCK./

I must have been working, sleeping, or fishing when this shit was announced :/

Top Bottom