• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

bionic77

Why are we arguing about games?

Only dickless losers do that.

Play what you like. Give us your opinion on what you liked or did not like about a game. Don't give a fuck about corporation or what other people are saying about games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
544966.jpg

I don't even know who those players were but I'd love nothing more than for a team to pull this off.

And for this team to do it before these old losers die, I want to see their sadness when they see their amazing record broken.

I then want someone to collect all their salty as fuck tears and put it into those wine glasses they bring out every year and make them drink it.

That's pretty rich coming from a Steelers fan. And it was in response to "shit is all he knows". It's not like we're the Browns or something.

A regular season win from 4 years ago refutes his point? You don't even believe that, since you're calling the Steelers irrelevant off of an 8-8 season this year. :jnc.

I don't even know who those players were but I'd love nothing more than for a team to pull this off.

And for this team to do it before these old losers die, I want to see their sadness when they see their amazing record broken.

I then want someone to collect all their salty as fuck tears and put it into those wine glasses they bring out every year and make them drink it.
The wine thing is a myth, they don't actually do that.

Note to self: no more '72 Dolphins references.

MechDX

Damn! What happens when you team is actually good.

0-8 bitch get back in your corner!

Godslay

Banned
I really wish they would run 3D mario into the ground instead. With these 2D versions, I feel like I own the same game on 3DS and Wii U.

I feel like they all differeniate themselves enough to feel like different games. Nsmb wii and Nsmb Ds, are very similar, but Nsmb 2 ds is considerably different then those 2 and Nsmb wiiu is different as well. I'd argue that they are getting better as we go along. Nsmb wiiu is probably the best in the series so far. Plus if you really dig into the star coins and star world's it really shines imo.

Wrayfield

Well, it was fun having you in the Shirtless league for how long it lasted.

Wray, when and where will you be in this beautiful nation?

No dates yet, but one of the upcoming weekends I reckon (not the SB one though). Visiting an old English friend of mine in Amsterdam. Not sure where you're at, but I remember Dutchland as a fairly small country where you can hop in a caravan on a train and be on the other end of it in an hour or so.

Seriously though, would be nice to catch up. Else one of the Wembley games, unless I'm on the wrong side of this fucking planet again, of all times.

Dragon

Banned
Wait until you get older and you don't get any refunds and are happy when you don't owe any more money.

ez and republicans are right that we pay too much in taxes. I am ok with taxes for infrastructure, but I wish some politician had the balls to take the axe to the military and medicare spending. Especially the military.

Oh I'm there. I have a mortgage in Charlotte and pay rent here in NYC. I have to give back 8K in first time homebuyers credit because I didn't stay there for three years. My taxes are going to be horrendous this year, switching jobs and paying city, state and federal tax in two states. Yuck.

You're right about the military, though I doubt many republicans would want to reduce military spending.

eznark

Banned
Wait until you get older and you don't get any refunds and are happy when you don't owe any more money.

ez and republicans are right that we pay too much in taxes. I am ok with taxes for infrastructure, but I wish some politician had the balls to take the axe to the military and medicare spending. Especially the military.

Most offensive thing ever said in this thread.

That's not true. Well it is true in that it's champagne, and not the whole team. Dick Anderson and Nick Buoniconti are neighbors and pop a bottle every time it happens. They also sent a case of Dom Perignon to the Chargers when they beat the Colts in '05.

That's not true. Well it is true in that it's champagne, and not the whole team. Dick Anderson and Nick Buoniconti are neighbors and pop a bottle every time it happens. They also sent a case of Dom Perignon to the Chargers when they beat the Colts in '05.
But you know how it goes with stories like that, when the truth is two or three guys getting together people eventually turn it into this big story about how all of the guys get together and have some huge party or something. It is champagne though, I don't know why I said wine.

Bowser

Oh I'm there. I have a mortgage in Charlotte and pay rent here in NYC. I have to give back 8K in first time homebuyers credit because I didn't stay there for three years. My taxes are going to be horrendous this year, switching jobs and paying city, state and federal tax in two states. Yuck.

You're right about the military, though I doubt many republicans would want to reduce military spending.

So weird, I was born and raised in Charlotte and then moved to NYC in 2010

Dragon

Banned
Are people really complaining about the Wind Waker graphics? Gaming side reminds me of the OBR sometimes

I've seen some Dolphin screenshots of WW and it looked ridiculously good. Haven't seen this Wind Waker HD.

So weird, I was born and raised in Charlotte and then moved to NYC in 2010

Weird. I used to work for Sporting News and they had an office overlooking Bank of America Stadium. Was convenient for parking!

You are becoming a masterful troll Larry. You've come a long way.

My best work is on Facebook, where I am enjoying shitting on the bandwagon Niner fans with reckless abandon (can't get banned from Facebook...maybe you can, but I certainly wouldnt' care about that. Don't want to get banned here). The regular Niner fans here are legit, and even the "life-longs" care enough to get on an internet forum to talk about it. But on Facebook, every pink hat wearing, ex raider fan is coming out of the woodwork. That thing I said a few days back about someone saying "Calvin Kaepernick" is just a tiny piece of what I'm experiencing. I'm out here on the front lines, surrounded by the enemy. Seriously, more than one person has said to me, "Did you know that both coaches are brothers?"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My best work is on Facebook, where I am enjoying shitting on the bandwagon Niner fans with reckless abandon (can't get banned from Facebook...maybe you can, but I certainly wouldnt' care about that. Don't want to get banned here). The regular Niner fans here are legit, and even the "life-longs" care enough to get on an internet forum to talk about it. But on Facebook, every pink hat wearing, ex raider fan is coming out of the woodwork. That thing I said a few days back about someone saying "Calvin Kaepernick" is just a tiny piece of what I'm experiencing. I'm out here on the front lines, surrounded by the enemy. Seriously, more than one person has said to me, "Did you know that both coaches are brothers?"

The Super Bowl can be both the best and worst game of the year for many, many reasons.

Who we gonna draft?
Obviously it's hard to get an idea of who really makes sense until after the combine but I hope it's either a WR, CB, or TE in the first round. The problem is I don't know if there is anyone at WR or TE who deserves to go that early, and Milliner will probably be gone before the Dolphins get their pick so I'm not sure a CB will be worth the pick either.

LT could be a serious need if Long is gone and the team isn't satisfied sticking Jonathan Martin there, but I can't see them drafting an LT too high after the Long experiment. They could also use some LB's and maybe a DT or two (especially if Starks is gone) which might make more sense in the first round.

When it comes to individual players I'm not too up to speed but hopefully that will change once the offseason starts in earnest. You have any preferences?

Honestly, I find the Super Bowl spectacle to be vomit inducing.

Even when the Steelers were in the Super Bowl in 2010, the incessant waiting coupled with the rehashing of the same 5-10 stories across 2 weeks was hell. By the time the game started I was wiped out.

I think I want Patterson, the WR from TEN that Mel has us projected taking. Watched his highlights and dude is amazing in the open field. Any1 think a different WR is better? I'd be fine with us taking a DT, OLB, or CB as well if theyre immediate starter type players.

Bowser

I think I want Patterson, the WR from TEN that Mel has us projected taking. Watched his highlights and dude is amazing in the open field. Any1 think a different WR is better?

Haven't seen much game film on either, but both Justin Hunter (Patterson's UT teammate) and Keenan Allen (Cal WR) have been mentioned as potential first round picks as well. I've usually seen Keenan Allen mocked as the first WR off the board.

I think I want Patterson, the WR from TEN that Mel has us projected taking. Watched his highlights and dude is amazing in the open field. Any1 think a different WR is better? I'd be fine with us taking a DT, OLB, or CB as well if theyre immediate starter type players.
I just watched this and I think I'm with you already. The guy looks like a big, fast, YAC machine which is exactly what the Dolphins need at WR. Good hands, can catch the ball in traffic, great downfield vision, explosive speed and cutting ability... bring it on!

I really hope the Eagles target a tall WR somewhere in this draft or FA. Reid always stressed small guys that can get open, but in the playoffs they let so much stuff go that the little quick guys cant use their speed as much. You need a big guy that can catch the ball even with someone hanging on them.

brentech

I was listening to local Cleveland sports radio on the way back from dropping my bro off at the airport. Sounds like the Browns are building the staff the right way.

There was never a great feeling of air around Shurmur, just a lot of hope and wishful thinking. The new staff seems to have the know how and should hopefully at least get the team competing in the division.

Hopefully when I go to my in laws we don't just have to wallow around about their team.

Fantomex

Bwahahaha. You legend.

jakncoke

Banned

Do you want to safe? If we dont spend at least 700 billion we wont be safe /somerepublicantheotherdaytalkingpoint

What am I missing? It looks fine but I don't get it.
It's an action RTS for all intents and purposes being handled by Kamiya. You can choose different "forms" for the heroes to combine into (fist, sword etc.) using the gamepad. These forms can then be used to fight off the coming alien invasion or interact with things in the environment. I'm a big fan of Platinum games and the art style reminds me so much of Viewtiful Joe that I can't dislike it.

Haven't seen much game film on either, but both Justin Hunter (Patterson's UT teammate) and Keenan Allen (Cal WR) have been mentioned as potential first round picks as well. I've usually seen Keenan Allen mocked as the first WR off the board.

I like Patterson over both of those guys. Allen is similar but doesn't cut as quick and is playing against PAC defense while Patterson is styling on the SEC.

If ZombiU hadn't already sold me the Wii U, that new Wonderful 101 trailer would have had me out of the door to get one.:)

I got stuck at the "DEFEND YOUR HOME BASE!" part of Zombi U because I died and was stuck only with the cricket bat, and decided I at least had enough of a grasp of how the game worked that I just decided to restart fresh.

Also: Reese will interview Te'o at the Combine apparently.

eznark

Banned
It's an action RTS for all intents and purposes being handled by Kamiya. You can choose different "forms" for the heroes to combine into (fist, sword etc.) using the gamepad. These forms can which can then be used to fight off the coming alien invasion or interact with things in the environment. I'm a big fan of Platinum games and the art style reminds me so much of Viewtiful Joe that I can't dislike it.

I do like the art a lot. Never really got into Viewtiful Joe, though I didn't get a gamecube til like three years ago.

Top Bottom