• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

I got stuck at the "DEFEND YOUR HOME BASE!" part of Zombi U because I died and was stuck only with the cricket bat, and decided I at least had enough of a grasp of how the game worked that I just decided to restart fresh.

Also: Reese will interview Te'o at the Combine apparently.
Will his girlfriend be there?

Being serious though, I think Reese was commenting on questions about Manti's draft stock and said he won't know until they sit down with him and talk with him.

I frankly hope we pass on him with the 19th pick. I think he could be had in the second round or later.

I do like the art a lot. Never really got into Viewtiful Joe, though I didn't get a gamecube til like three years ago.
Worth revisiting. I love both. The second game was tough as nails (which I like).

Awe BLarry your going soft. So sweet of you.

It's not that, it's that NFL GAF has become a breathe of fresh air compared to the reality of what is around me. People are actually coming AT me to talk shit. Someone knocked on the door of my office yesterday to proclaim "Go Niners!" I asked her to name one offensive lineman on their team. Her response? "What's an "offensive lineman?"

I know people will say that there are people like that everywhere during all Superbowls, but this is more valid and important because it's happening to me.

jakncoke

Banned
It's not that, it's that NFL GAF has become a breathe of fresh air compared to the reality of what is around me. People are actually coming AT me to talk shit. Someone knocked on the door of my office yesterday to proclaim "Go Niners!" I asked her to name one offensive lineman on their team. Her response? "What's an "offensive lineman".

I know people will say that there are people like that everywhere during all Superbowls, but this is more valid and important because it's happening to me.

Did this really happen?

First question NFL GMs ask Teo at the combine " is your Girlfriend in the room with us right now?"
free-psychic-chat-rooms-748291.jpg

Wrayfield

Obviously it's hard to get an idea of who really makes sense until after the combine but I hope it's either a WR, CB, or TE in the first round. The problem is I don't know if there is anyone at WR or TE who deserves to go that early, and Milliner will probably be gone before the Dolphins get their pick so I'm not sure a CB will be worth the pick either.

LT could be a serious need if Long is gone and the team isn't satisfied sticking Jonathan Martin there, but I can't see them drafting an LT too high after the Long experiment. They could also use some LB's and maybe a DT or two (especially if Starks is gone) which might make more sense in the first round.

When it comes to individual players I'm not too up to speed but hopefully that will change once the offseason starts in earnest. You have any preferences?

I think I want Patterson, the WR from TEN that Mel has us projected taking. Watched his highlights and dude is amazing in the open field. Any1 think a different WR is better? I'd be fine with us taking a DT, OLB, or CB as well if theyre immediate starter type players.

I would like the younger Trufant kid but that's never gonna happen. I am just overhyped by the big Seahawks CBs is all and always too defensive-minded.

Really hope we re-sign Starks. Was in shock to see that he wasn't restricted. Need more speed at LB. Really dislike Dansby, he just profits from our interior D line and always looks out of shape. I want to resign Long as well. If he doesn't insist on top 5 money. Maybe top 10-15 LT money. That would be a bargain, I think he will be back to his old form.

What about Bush? Not sure I want the potential that hardly ever results in anything resembling regular production for another couple of seasons.

Spinluck

Well my Steam list is Witcher 2, FTL, Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs and Awesomenauts. You're probably right. I learned my lesson though, DON'T criticize Nintendo, even in an OT thread.

King-Nintendo-Fanboy-banner-600x341.jpg

Criticism is fine.

Bullshit is not.

No one is saying they're perfect, most people can agree they do dumb shit daily.
But you basically called a whole audience dumb/fools for buying great games. Who gives a shit how long Nintendo's been making them? Same names, different games, there is no way Wii U Zelda will be like Zelda on the N64. The Wii U gamepad alone makes sure of that, hell, the SNES Zelda's weren't like the N64 ones lol. There are major differencee between Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. But like every major Nintendo franchise, they receive that same game for 10 or 20yrs bullshit.

eznark

Banned
Well my Steam list is Witcher 2, FTL, Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs and Awesomenauts. You're probably right. I learned my lesson though, DON'T criticize Nintendo, even in an OT thread.

King-Nintendo-Fanboy-banner-600x341.jpg

Criticism is fine.

Bullshit is not.

No one is saying they're perfect, most people can agree they do dumb shit daily.
But you basically called a whole audience dumb/fools for buying great games. Who gives a shit how long Nintendo's been making them? Same names, different games, there is no way Wii U Zelda will be like Zelda on the N64. The Wii U gamepad alone makes sure of that, hell, the SNES Zelda's weren't like the N64 ones lol. There are major differencee between Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. But like every major Nintendo franchise, they receive that same game for 10 or 20yrs bullshit.

Take a break

squicken

What's this about Rodgers turning up the douchebag meter?

Aaron Rodgers, one of the leaders of the Green Bay Packers, sat alone at his locker, staring aimlessly around the room. Rodgers was asked if he'd talk about the season that just ended.

"Nope," Rodgers said.

Instead, Rodgers began eavesdropping on an interview linebacker Desmond Bishop was conducting.

After each question, Rodgers made a snide remark about the queries loud enough for anyone within earshot to hear.

"I can't believe they'd ask that," Rodgers said.

"Nice question," he said another time.

Finally, doing his best Drew Rosenhaus, Rodgers bellowed, "Next question."

Instead of preparing for the NFC Championship Game, Rodgers was now critiquing reporters.

--
In October, CBS' Shannon Sharpe ripped Rodgers on the air. The Packers organization believed that the leak came from one of its own players.

"Aaron Rodgers . . . he strikes me as a guy that, it's always someone else's fault other than his own," Sharpe said. "I'm not so sure, I'm not so sure, that deep down inside, how well his receiving corps really likes Aaron Rodgers.

"I tell you what else, just because you're a great quarterback and an MVP quarterback that doesn't make you a great person. There is a difference between the two."

---

In addition, Rodgers probably didn't win any points from coach Mike McCarthy when he openly campaigned for Evan Dietrich-Smith to be his center and for Randall Cobb to stop playing special teams.

Rodgers also ripped the scout-team defense in early October after the Packers offense started the season slowly.

Three Packers defensive coaches later took issue with Rodgers' opinion. And one national talk show host called Rodgers' comments "a lame excuse."

It's not that, it's that NFL GAF has become a breathe of fresh air compared to the reality of what is around me. People are actually coming AT me to talk shit. Someone knocked on the door of my office yesterday to proclaim "Go Niners!" I asked her to name one offensive lineman on their team. Her response? "What's an "offensive lineman?"

Now I'm curious where the hell you work...

Bangwagoners are scum. I think we can all agree on this, no matter who the team is (its just affecting you more because you are in enemy territory).

Oh and to get back to Nintendo for a moment Advance Wars is maybe my most favorite series ever AND NINTENDO HAS DONE NOTHING WITH IT. Fuck them for that.

eznark

Banned

lol, when one of the ESPNMilwaukee radio guys talked about that (the day after it happened) he was saying how nice it was that Rodgers was able to maintain his sense of humor and was trying to lighten an incredibly somber mood.

I guess Reichel saw it differently, must have been one of the reporters Rodgers was ripping.

squicken

Oh man the last part is killer. Clealry the writers and their sources their have some issues with Rodgers

A little more than a decade ago, Brett Favre was in the process of becoming larger than the Packers organization.

Green Bay must now do all it can to ensure that never happens with Rodgers.

One reason Rodgers may have slipped to the 24th-overall selection in the 2005 draft is he was perceived as a know-it-all by many scouts and executives.

I would like the younger Trufant kid but that's never gonna happen. I am just overhyped by the big Seahawks CBs is all and always too defensive-minded.

Really hope we re-sign Starks. Was in shock to see that he wasn't restricted. Need more speed at LB. Really dislike Dansby, he just profits from our interior D line and always looks out of shape. I want to resign Long as well. If he doesn't insist on top 5 money. Maybe top 10-15 LT money. That would be a bargain, I think he will be back to his old form.

What about Bush? Not sure I want the potential that hardly ever results in anything resembling regular production for another couple of seasons.
Speaking of CB's, what are your feelings on Sean Smith? I'm really torn on whether or not I'd like to see the Dolphins resign him. He can be very good at times and his size is a huge plus but he's very inconsistent.

I agree with you on Starks, he's been great at keeping the interior clogged up along with Soliai so I definitely think he'd be worth keeping, and I think you're right about Dansby as well. He just isn't worth the money they're paying him. I could go either way on Long but from everything I've read it seems like it's more likely that he'll be gone next season. I do really like him as a player though, and I don't think the Dolphins made a mistake in drafting him, so there is definitely a part of me that would like to see him stay (especially if, like you said, the contract isn't too ridiculous). If the Dolphins could keep him healthy at LT and move Martin back to RT they'd be in good shape for next year in terms of the o-line.

I hope the Dolphins let go of Bush honestly, especially if they aren't planning on using him in the passing game more. I'm really just not a fan Bush's east/west style running and I feel like he is only good against teams with bad defensive lines and linebackers that miss a lot of tackles (Oakland is the perfect example of this). Bush will have some good games every year but if this team is going to get to the next level they will most likely be playing against solid defenses that will render him almost entirely useless. When the Dolphins play a good defense it seems like Bush is just constantly getting them in 2nd and 11 type situations, which sucks for any team but it's even worse when you have a young QB and a bunch of WR's who are all but worthless running a route more than 10 yards downfield.

The thing is, the Dolphins don't really have much depth at RB so if they let go of Bush they'll need to address that issue in the draft as well (probably not worth bothering with any FA RB's, I'd imagine). Miller and Thomas both seem to have some potential but I haven't seen enough of either of them to really know yet, and I do know Thomas has proven to be a bit fumble prone which is troublesome.

Wrayfield

Speaking of CB's, what are your feelings on Sean Smith? I'm really torn on whether or not I'd like to see the Dolphins resign him. He can be very good at times and his size is a huge plus but he's very inconsistent.

I agree with you on Starks, he's been great at keeping the interior clogged up along with Soliai so I definitely think he'd be worth keeping, and I think you're right about Dansby as well. He just isn't worth the money they're paying him. I could go either way on Long but from everything I've read it seems like it's more likely that he'll be gone next season. I do really like him as a player though, and I don't think the Dolphins made a mistake in drafting him, so there is definitely a part of me that would like to see him stay (especially if, like you said, the contract isn't too ridiculous). If the Dolphins could keep him healthy at LT and move Martin back to RT they'd be in good shape for next year in terms of the o-line.

I hope the Dolphins let go of Bush honestly, especially if they aren't planning on using him in the passing game more. I'm really just not a fan Bush's east/west style running and I feel like he is only good against teams with bad defensive lines and linebackers that miss a lot of tackles (Oakland is the perfect example of this). Bush will have some good games every year but if this team is going to get to the next level they will most likely be playing against solid defenses that will render him almost entirely useless. When the Dolphins play a good defense it seems like Bush is just constantly getting them in 2nd and 11 type situations, which sucks for any team but it's even worse when you have a young QB and a bunch of WR's who are all but worthless running a route more than 10 yards downfield.

The thing is, the Dolphins don't really have much depth at RB so if they let go of Bush they'll need to address that issue in the draft as well (probably not worth bothering with any FA RB's, I'd imagine). Miller and Thomas both seem to have some potential but I haven't seen enough of either of them to really know yet, and I do know Thomas has proven to be a bit fumble prone which is troublesome.

Resign him, I say. He shouldn't be that expensive and in the worst cases, he adds depth. Still has potential. And size, just like you mentioned. Also agree with you on our RB situation. Thomas and Miller and a rook will do in this league.

Fantomex

I think it would be wise to keep Smith and Long considering the money is right. Bush I'd rather see gone. He is not a runner we can depend on to stay healthy, he is more fitted to be a third down back, and with the cap no team can afford to have a 3rd down back now at days. I think the big problem is that the free agent WRs don't offer much value. Is Greg Jennings going to stay healthy? Is Wallace going to one day learn to catch? The draft doesn't seem to have much value at WR either. Basically I want Marshall back :(

jakncoke

Banned
Oh man the last part is killer. Clealry the writers and their sources their have some issues with Rodgers

If a qb goes 52-26 a sb win with a 171 tds to 46 int regular season ratio he can believe he's a princess in the civil war as long as he's winning and putting the team in contention for sb runs

cajunator

Banned
Nintendo is pretty hilarious with how they fuck with fans. We get starved for games (not as much an issue for me since I am not a huge gamer to begin with) and then everyone crowds around these Nintendo conferences only to be disappointed with 30 minutes of social networking talk. Followed by "Oh by the way, here" and then a megaton clusterbomb gets dropped for 5 minutes and whips everyone into hype frenzy. I love how Nintendo does that shit. they have to realize how much they are trolling us.

Yeah, I want Bush to stay, we're not deep enough at RB and I don't want to address it this draft, we have other needs and who knows maybe Miller progresses enough for a decent two headed rushing attack and we can leave him the reigns in the future. And I think he's been good this season.

Sean Smith and Starks I want to see resigned. Smith is arguably our best player at our thinnest position and has been getting better each season. Starks + Soliai + Wake is a trio I hope stays together for quite some time.

I think Long is gonna be wanting 1 too many zeros. Who knows, we're definitely not franchising him though.

As far as WRs go I want Jennings and have no problem with drafting an additional one. Let Hartline go and have Bess in the slot where he can shine.

How are people not sick of the same ten fucking games from Nintendo but shit on everyone else that's been releasing the same shit every fucking year this gen?

Oh and to get back to Nintendo for a moment Advance Wars is maybe my most favorite series ever AND NINTENDO HAS DONE NOTHING WITH IT. Fuck them for that.

Nintendo makes too much of series that I don't like, Nintendo makes not enough of series that I like.

MechDX

Packers dont need this cancer on their great and storied team. They should trade him to the Texans straight up. It is a win/win for everyone involved: Schaub gets a new start and Aaron can go play in the the Texas humidity which is hell like.

610 talked about this yesterday, he is not going anywhere. It is a huge fucking house and he is just downsizing.

MechDX

Fucking what do you need a 16,000 sq foot house for.

We should all pitch in and buy it. We can make it the NFL GAF clubhouse and we can make gator sleep outside.

EZ can be the head chef, FMT the director of entertainment, Slo can be the buyer of alcohol and Dutch can be the man servant.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Jeff Saturday was old and busted and he probably didn't want Cobb getting injured.

Hate to sound like a Bears fan but outside of taking too many sacks due to his playstyle, there's not really a lot you can hang on Rodgers. The offense has taken a huge step back from 2011 however. It's hard to tell whether or not this has to do with the playcalling, the receivers, or Rodgers.

I should go ask LJ in the other thread.

Yeah, I want Bush to stay, we're not deep enough at RB and I don't want to address it this draft, we have other needs and who knows maybe Miller progresses enough for a decent two headed rushing attack and we can leave him the reigns in the future. And I think he's been good this season.

Sean Smith and Starks I want to see resigned. Smith is arguably our best player at our thinnest position and has been getting better each season. Starks + Soliai + Wake is a trio I hope stays together for quite some time.

I think Long is gonna be wanting 1 too many zeros. Who knows, we're definitely not franchising him though.

As far as WRs go I want Jennings and have no problem with drafting an additional one. Let Hartline go and have Bess in the slot where he can shine.
You want to keep Bush but let go of Hartline? That right there is some crazy talk, my friend.

The idea of a big name like Jennings coming to Miami is kind of cool but it's hard for me to get too excited about it after Brandon Marshall. Plus, big name FA WR signings have a very mixed track record.

Miguel

Can Brian Cushing legally change his name to Matt Schaub for a bit and then we just transfer his contract over to him? I think I'd be ok with 17 million in 2015 for him.

You want to keep Bush but let go of Hartline? That right there is some crazy talk, my friend.

The idea of a big name like Jennings coming to Miami is kind of cool but it's hard for me to get too excited about it after Brandon Marshall. Plus, big name FA WR signings have a very mixed track record.

Sign Jennings + draft WR + Bess. Then we have no use for Hartline who is a FA this year.

http://i.imgur.com/lQk6p74.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Later than Sanchez's reaction time.

Top Bottom