• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Jeff Saturday was old and busted and he probably didn't want Cobb getting injured.

Hate to sound like a Bears fan but outside of taking too many sacks due to his playstyle, there's not really a lot you can hang on Rodgers. The offense has taken a huge step back from 2011 however. It's hard to tell whether or not this has to do with the playcalling, the receivers, or Rodgers.

I should go ask LJ in the other thread.

It is so sad we are reduced to that. I realized today that I am not going to know anywhere near as much about this years draft class due to lj not posting in this thread.

MechDX

Cartoon_Alligator_In_A_Dog_House_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090219-135945-475048.jpg

EDIT: Even the great and mighty Flacco laughs at you!

Sign Jennings + draft WR + Bess. Then we have no use for Hartline who is a FA this year.
That seems really risky, especially considering Jenning's recent health issues and the fact that Hartline is the only receiver who has really clicked with Tannehill so far. Even if they do get three guys starting above him it's not like the depth would hurt!

When Hartline signs with the Patriots and becomes Wes Welker 2.0 I will remind you of this day. Mark my words.

eznark

Banned
All the reports after he started playing well at the end, I'd find the reports but I'm to lazy.

I've never heard anyone talk about resigning him. He has one year left on his deal. He may have earned himself a spot on the 2013 roster but I highly doubt he gets an extension this offseason.

squicken

It is so sad we are reduced to that. I realized today that I am not going to know anywhere near as much about this years draft class due to lj not posting in this thread.

I scrolled through 200 posts of RPG Weekly to see if that Rodgers thing had been posted. We all go off topic but there does need to be an actual football thread

Miguel

I've had this sneaking suspicion for the past year or two that the Texans are due to sign that old aging veteran that's got nothing left but is going to show up and win the #2 WR spot and set us back again.

Eric Moulds
Keenan McCardell
Derrick Mason

Enter Donald Driver. It's too perfect. He's from Houston, lives here in the offseason I believe, and has a few charities/runs a camp here.

The Houston-Sconi connection grows further.

That seems really risky, especially considering Jenning's recent health issues and the fact that Hartline is the only receiver who has really clicked with Tannehill so far. Even if they do get three guys starting above him it's not like the depth would hurt!

When Hartline signs with the Patriots and becomes Wes Welker 2.0 I will remind you of this day. Mark my words.

He is not Welker 2.0 by any means. I think Bess is the better WR. I also think there are gonna be teams willing to pay him more than he is worth to the Fins.

MechDX

I've had this sneaking suspicion for the past year or two that the Texans are due to sign that old aging veteran that's got nothing left but is going to show up and win the #2 WR spot and set us back again.

Eric Moulds
Keenan McCardell
Derrick Mason

Enter Donald Driver. It's too perfect. He's from Houston, lives here in the offseason I believe, and has a few charities/runs a camp here.

I know last year when they asked NFL WR's who the best was Dre said Driver without hesitation. But what damn good is another WR when our QB can only throw 5 yard fade routes? Maybe Watt can play QB!

eznark

Banned

Eric Moulds
Keenan McCardell
Derrick Mason

Driver will retire. He has literally nothing left.

I scrolled through 200 posts of RPG Weekly to see if that Rodgers thing had been posted. We all go off topic but there does need to be an actual football thread

I couldnt agree more. I wish the other thread had become the discuss football thread, and this was the you people thread but oh well.

squicken

Long after the NFC squad had departed their separate meeting for dinner and evening festivities, Manning remained behind, sitting in a small circle with the Luck, Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub, and members of the Denver Broncos' offensive staff here to coach the AFC squad, including 34-year-old Adam Gase, the Broncos' newly anointed offensive coordinator, and new QBs coach Greg Knapp.

--

It especially was interesting to see his interactions with Luck, the rookie from Stanford who replaced the legend in Indianapolis. This was not a Brett Favre-Aaron Rodgers moment. Manning was engaging, going over the watered-down playbook with Luck and Schaub, letting them know what time they needed to show up in the morning (7:45 a.m.) for practice.

hmm. something is out of place there

edit: God he really is the guy in charge.

He is not Welker 2.0 by any means. I think Bess is the better WR.
Based on what, though? Hartline had a much better year. Don't get me wrong, I think Bess could be great as a slot guy with a couple of really solid WR's above him as well, but WR is one of those positions where we need more depth and can't really afford to let anyone go who has shown some promise.

I don't see any reason not to keep both of them.

Based on what, though? Hartline had a much better year. Don't get me wrong, I think Bess could be great as a slot guy with a couple of really solid WR's above him as well, but WR is one of those positions where we need more depth and can't really afford to let anyone go who has shown some promise.

I don't see any reason not to keep both of them.

Well Bess is under contract. So Bess isn't going anywhere. Hartline is a FA, I'm fine with resigning him but I don't want him to be making $4M a year or something.

Miguel

Maybe it'll be a WR with the a last name starting with M.

Ruvell Martin UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
Mohamed Massaquoi UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
Marlon Moore RFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
Randy Moss UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
Louis Murphy UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent

Straight cash, homie!

jakncoke

Banned

Could of just said fuck it and posted it and left a disclaimer of if its posted already oh fucking well now you get to read it again.

MechDX

Manning, Tuesday at Pro Bowl conference:

"A little announcement here -- pool volleyball, Wednesday, 3 p.m. AFC quarterbacks vs. NFC quarterbacks. Each team gets a 'need' player, and I'm in charge of picking this player for both teams. AFC, we get J.J. Watt. The NFC gets Leon Washington."

Watt, of course, led the league this season with 16 pass knockdowns. Washington, the NFC's kick returner, is 5-foot-8 -- out of water.

:jnc
peypump_zps839e00d4.gif

I can understand it. You have useless broken down aging clowns like the entire Steelers defense stumbling around out there collecting a paycheck, it's tough to convince yourself that you can't compete.

On the flip side, you're shredding the Packers D in scrimmages and thinking "man, I still got it!"

eznark

Banned
Squicken, this article should explain why most people don't have much respect for Reischel:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/still-an-open-position-n58fedj-187980011.html

I think he contradicts every single point he makes. It's astounding.

I just think he's an average WR, he had 1 TD on the season.
As did Bess, only Hartline had 305 more yards receiving (although, to be fair, Bess missed the last 3 games of the season). I'm not saying he's a stud WR or anything, but as a no. 2 guy I think he could develop into a quality player. He isn't going to do much matched against a team's best CB and his ability to generate YAC is a legitimate concern but he is the only bright spot for the Dolphins at WR this year. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, he has good chemistry with Tannehill already which will be important next year as most of the WR's and TE's will probably be changing.

I see where you're coming from, though. If he asks for too much and the Dolphins feel like they're better off using that money elsewhere maybe letting him go wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

As did Bess, only Hartline had 305 more yards receiving. I'm not saying he's a stud WR or anything, but as a no. 2 guy I think he could develop into a quality player. He isn't going to do much matched against a team's best CB and his ability to generate YAC is a legitimate concern but he is the only bright spot for the Dolphins at WR this year. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, he has good chemistry with Tannehill already which will be important next year as most of the WR's and TE's will probably be changing.

I see where you're coming from, though. If he asks for too much and the Dolphins feel like they're better off using that money elsewhere maybe letting him go wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

And Bess is meant to be in the slot but we lined him up wide quite a bit this season. I don't think he'd be a big loss. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Fasano, forgot he was a FA too. I think you gotta resign him with how Egnew turned out. Could go after Jared Cook or Pitta though.

And Bess is meant to be in the slot but we lined him up wide quite a bit this season. I don't think he'd be a big loss. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Fasano, forgot he was a FA too.
Regardless of whether or not they keep Hartline they definitely need a no. 1 guy. Hartline isn't cut out for that role and like you said Bess is not cut out to be anything but a slot guy. If they do get someone to fill that role I really think it could help both of those guys.

jakncoke

Banned
Damn Moss and Wayne might reach 1000 catches next year bringing the total to 10. Remember when 1000 was like omg thats awesome, damn those were the days. Hell Andre Johnson and maybe Jason Witten reach it in 2 to make 12

As did Bess, only Hartline had 305 more yards receiving (although, to be fair, Bess missed the last 3 games of the season). I'm not saying he's a stud WR or anything, but as a no. 2 guy I think he could develop into a quality player. He isn't going to do much matched against a team's best CB and his ability to generate YAC is a legitimate concern but he is the only bright spot for the Dolphins at WR this year. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, he has good chemistry with Tannehill already which will be important next year as most of the WR's and TE's will probably be changing.

I agree. Hartline seems like a very solid number 2 / role receiver. If they had another guy to remove some focus off of him he could really blossom.

I dont think he will ever be a big touchdown guy though. His place is between the endzones.

Yeah you guys are probably right, I'm sure he won't want a lot of money. But if we draft a WR in the first round and pick up a guy like Jennings I honestly feel there's not much place for him + he's already a FA. I don't think Jennings is risky really, not like I'm calling for D Bowe.

squicken

Squicken, this article should explain why most people don't have much respect for Reischel:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/still-an-open-position-n58fedj-187980011.html

I think he contradicts every single point he makes. It's astounding.

I got the initial link from nfl.com's Florio, who seemed a little miffed that the article would go after Rodgers. I certainly don't follow the team closely, so if the guy is known to have some issue, then certainly a grain of salt. Just thought it was nuts he would even hint at Rodgers becoming the next Favre. It's actually kind of nuts that all this time that has passed, being the next Favre is a negative sentiment

Yeah you guys are probably right, I'm sure he won't want a lot of money. But if we draft a WR in the first round and pick up a guy like Jennings I honestly feel there's not much place for him + he's already a FA. I don't think Jennings is risky really, not like I'm calling for D Bowe.
I hope you're right honestly, if we could somehow go from the receiving corps we have now to one that is too good for Hartline I would be thrilled.

Top Bottom