• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I wonder who has the job of watching game tape to make sure players are wearing their socks correctly.

:lol

They generally have retired players do it on the field. The warnings come pregame, and then it's up to the players to ignore them or not.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
People I would cut:
- Finley for being a fuckup
- Williams for being a cow fucker
- Woodson for being old
- Starks for being a liability
- Hawk for scaring children with his face
- Sherrod for being a bust
- Worthy for being an underachiever
- Walden for sucking
- Eznark for his bitch mouth

You have a lot of faith in our ability to draft in the 7th round!

Hard to rule Sherrod a bust when he hasn't really played a lot.

Finley has been doing better, I still hate him for many, many reasons.

Woodson is a great safety where we have zero talent

Starks might get cut in favor of Harris/Green future

Hawk is Hawk. He's a bust but we have zero depth at ILB. He's getting paid too much right now though.

Worthy is a rookie...

Walden is a wife beater so he's not good enough to get away with that in my book.

I'm mostly disappointed in Tramon Williams. Has a player regressed so greatly like that before? Besides Derek Anderson?

Miguel

it baffles me how you can fine someone a) for that amount of money and b) fine that at all!

you're a rb! you're getting hit, being thrown around, etc. why would any rb or any PLAYER, in an NFC title game, give a shit or pay any attention to how high or low his socks are? fucking stupid

Pretty sure David Anderson got fined for his socks a few years back.

You have a lot of faith in our ability to draft in the 7th round!

Hard to rule Sherrod a bust when he hasn't really played a lot.

Finley has been doing better, I still hate him for many, many reasons.

Woodson is a great safety where we have zero talent

Starks might get cut in favor of Harris/Green future

Hawk is Hawk. He's a bust but we have zero depth at ILB. He's getting paid too much right now though.

Worthy is a rookie...

Walden is a wife beater so he's not good enough to get away with that in my book.

I'm mostly disappointed in Tramon Williams. Has a player regressed so greatly like that before? Besides Derek Anderson?

You guys are using the word 'bust' far too liberally.

NFL Rulebook said:
Players are required to wear two socks on each foot; a combination of white and their team color for each leg. Wearing only one of the socks is a violation of NFL rules and will result in a fine. Socks must be pulled up over the calf and meet with the uniform pants at the knee. Players are allowed to choose their own shoe but it must be of the color chosen by the team at the start of the season. Kickers and punters are allowed to wear a special kicking shoe of a different color. Any tape on a shoe must be opaque or the same color as the shoe. Shoes may not contain logos, symbols or writing unless approved by the league. The laces on the shoes must be the same color as the shoe.

Read more: NFL Equipment Rules | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6911085_nfl-equipment-rules.html#ixzz2Iq0hIMSl

Frank Gore should throw on some different color laces for the Super Bowl.

KaYotiX

Banned
i8bhIzAwKZDXo.gif

FUCK YOU FINLEY YOU POS!!!

HylianTom

Banned
Moved back to NOLA a bit over a year ago (from Austin), and I must say.. it's nice to once again live in a football-crazy town where the local TV channels break into their normal programming because the Saints' coach is having a press conference, or when the team plane is arriving at the airport when they're coming home from away games.

My other half didn't believe me when I told him that this kind of daytime program interruption happens, but now he gets to see it for himself, haha..

jakncoke

Banned
Someone should give Jbust an incentive like Delmon Young is getting. Weighed 6 times, each time he under 230 he gets 100k. Jbust would be like 260. Maybe he'll finally keep his titties in check and stop eating skittles so by the lb.

brentech

Hawk isn't a bust. In fact he actually played well a few times this year. He's serviceable.

seriously. we give him shit because he doesn't have splash plays and doesn't do much in coverage, but to call him a bust is crazy.

A bust for being picked in the 5 slot, sure, but he's almost always ready to play and just does his job to the best of his ability. I like to trash him for getting ran over, but our whole D does the last few years. One guy doesn't change that.

---------------
Finally took all these filthy coins we have to a coinstar collector feeling like a hobo. Turned out to be $150 put into an amazon giftcard.
Sleeping Dogs?
Hitman?
Any other new rage hype games?

meljeff

You are the single most powerful football entity I know.
One of you may possess the information I seek.

In the beginnings of Pro Football there were 20 man rosters. A lot of guys played both sides of the ball. Were Defensive positions labeled like they are today? (NT,DE,LB,CB,S)

Or we they always reffered to by their offensive positions?

If any one can provide insight I'd greatly appreciate it.

---------------
Finally took all these filthy coins we have to a coinstar collector feeling like a hobo. Turned out to be $150 put into an amazon giftcard.
Sleeping Dogs?
Hitman?

No to Hitman. Yes to Drox Operative, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Dota 2
:p

Sleeping Dogs?
Hitman?
I'd recommend Far Cry 3 for the first 15 hours. Just stop there to preserve the experience.;)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
seriously. we give him shit because he doesn't have splash plays and doesn't do much in coverage, but to call him a bust is crazy.

A bust for being picked in the 5 slot, sure, but he's almost always ready to play and just does his job to the best of his ability. I like to trash him for getting ran over, but our whole D does the last few years. One guy doesn't change that.

---------------
Sleeping Dogs?
Hitman?

My one beef with Hawk is that there's a belief that his contract prevented us keeping Cullen Jenkins.

As far as games go, I've been playing the hell out of Borderlands 2 and XCOM. Sleeping Dogs was fantastic but probably not as good as those two.

In the beginnings of Pro Football there were 20 man rosters. A lot of guys played both sides of the ball. Were Defensive positions labeled like they are today? (NT,DE,LB,CB,S)

American Football 101 Thread

You'll get vastly more attention and help in that thread.

effzee

Oh, well, why would teams be lining up to give their head coaching job to a guy who just failed at head coaching?

Well it happened with Reid. And Reid didn't even have to wait more than 3 days.

It has probably more to do with him being an offensive minded coach more than anything else but it is pretty telling that Lovie would get zero HC opportunities where as after two terrible years Reid is hired almost immediately. With Reid you also get the same one side minded coach who needs a fantastic DC to complement whatever he brings to the table.

For the record I would have been fine with Lovie as Eagles coach. Not the top choice but not bad either. My main gripe with him or guys like Reid is that they are too much on one side of the ball. Reid got away with it as long as the veterans and JJ were there but once they left you saw what happened. Lovie seems to have no clue what or how an offense should be run.

Might have the same problem with Chip Kelly but right now everything is in the honeymoon period so I'll wait and see.

squicken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_American_football_positions

Whoever is writing on Wikipedia on football is pretty damn thorough, It's surprisingly very in-depth

brentech

No to Hitman. Yes to Drox Operative, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Dota 2
:p
Does Hitman not live up to it's predecessors at all? Why definitive 'no'?

I'd recommend Far Cry 3 for the first 15 hours. Just stop there to preserve the experience.;)
Playing Far Cry 2 recently, I'm not sure if there is enough added features to keep me interested. I'm not even done the North territory in FC2 and while I appreciate the tactics of how one approaches a mission, I'm not liking the map traversal or AI.
Is it far improved on in FC3?

As far as games go, I've been playing the hell out of Borderlands 2 and XCOM. Sleeping Dogs was fantastic but probably not as good as those two.

I 100%'d BL and got soooo tired of it. I'm not sure I could give BL2 a go. At first I thought it was truly amazing. Then after like 5 hours I realized nothing was going to really change. And I think their idea of loot is kind of busted. The really rare stuff is many times not as good as lessor items due to overvaluing of effects.

Will have to read up on XCOM, don't know anything about it.

My new way to reply to Niner fans around me attempting to give me shit:

I ask "Who is your least favorite Niner of the last 10 years?"

If they say anything but "Chilo Rachal," then I know they are bandwagoners.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Playing Far Cry 2 recently, I'm not sure if there is enough added features to keep me interested. I'm not even done the North territory in FC2 and while I appreciate the tactics of how one approaches a mission, I'm not liking the map traversal or AI.
Is it far improved on in FC3?

I 100%'d BL and got soooo tired of it. I'm not sure I could give BL2 a go. At first I thought it was truly amazing. Then after like 5 hours I realized nothing was going to really change. And I think their idea of loot is kind of busted. The really rare stuff is many times not as good as lessor items due to overvaluing of effects.

I've heard FC3 is a fantastic refinement to the series. I'm waiting for a decent Steam sale for like 15 bucks before I take the plunge since I've got so much junk to play.

I got bored half way through the DLC in the first Borderlands. Borderlands 2 improved the graphics a lot (on PC) and there was a lot more care put into the environment. However, a few of the areas are far too large to not have a buggy (looking at you Tundra Express!) especially when there's a lot of back and forth with the quests.

The plot is infinitely better (read: it exists and it's good!) and they really go into a lot more of the backstory for why things on Pandora are the way they are if you are willing to do the quests that explain it.

edit: XCOM is like Disgaea or that Ghost Recon game for 3DS. Instead of doing what feels like hours of battles in Disgaea for little progress, battles actually give you much needed rewards and your dudes can die permanently. Also the combat is a lot more fun in my book.

What have been the top 3 responses

A few Mike Singletarys, but those were from legit fans. Also a valid answer, technically not my question, but acceptable. Mostly it's "I love ALL if them!" Which is immediate bandwagon stamppage. There always is answer. If a Ravens fan said anything but Kyle Boller, they'd be a Bandwagonner too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
A few Mike Singletarys, but those were from legit fans. Also a valid answer, technically not my question, but acceptable. Mostly it's "I love ALL if them!" Which is immediate bandwagon stamppage. There always is answer. If a Ravens fan said anything but Kyle Boller, they'd be a Bandwagonner too.

Kyle Williams probably should have been an acceptable choice as well.

Fuck Chilo. Never bring is name up again. Its funny he plays for the Bears though!!!

I've just heard a lot of bad things about that game, especially towards the end. Didn't love the demo, it dropped hard in price real quick and all the people I trust said not to buy it. But hey if you think you would like it go for it.

Would Kyle Williams be acceptable?

JCizzle

Man, you didn't even pick the correct lineman: Kwame Harris beats him easily in terms of hatred for me. Derek Smith is also up there, he was such an overrated turd who made a living getting dragged for 10 yards every tackle he ever made.

Also, how do you go with Boller over Cundiff and Lee Evans?

meljeff

Well I think we can initially say Denise Derbartalo York and John York.
After Uncle Eddie was ousted the team started to take a total nose dive.

Thank god for Jed York!

I was going to say Dennis Erickson / Mike Singletary were all god awful coaches.
(I would throw Mike Nolan in there but I loved the suits lol)
Thank goodness Erickson didn't sour the 49ers on college coaches otherwise Harbs wouldn't be here.

Player wise Chilo Rachal is definitely up there.
I also didn't like Kwame Harris late first round pick I never felt lived up to the hype.
Mike Rumph was the same.

Obviously Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey were giant reaches at the QB Position.
I hated that time in 49er football history.

Those are guys I can think of off hand I was never thrilled about.

jakncoke

Banned

But he can throw 60 yards from his knees, so dreamy

The correct answer is small hands. Team would have won a SB last year if he didnt suck so much.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well I think we can initially say Denise Derbartalo York and John York.
After Uncle Eddie was ousted the team started to take a total nose dive.

Thank god for Jed York!

I was going to say Dennis Erickson / Mike Singletary were all god awful coaches.
(I would throw Mike Nolan in there but I loved the suits lol)
Thank goodness Erickson didn't sour the 49ers on college coaches otherwise Harbs wouldn't be here.

Player wise Chilo Rachal is definitely up there.
I also didn't like Kwame Harris late first round pick I never felt lived up to the hype.
Mike Rumph was the same.

Obviously Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey were giant reaches at the QB Position.
I hated that time in 49er football history.

Those are guys I can think of off hand I was never thrilled about.

Don't forget Kevan Barlow. Not the worst by far given the mentions already made, but he's up there.

jakncoke

Banned
something something kyle williams

edit; Rashaun Woods and Jim Drunkenmiller wont get much hate because they performed so little, but big busts.

meljeff

something something kyle williams

edit; Rashaun Woods and Jim Drunkenmiller wont get much hate because they performed so little, but big busts.

Oh wow forgot about Drunkenmiller...True Dat!

Look I hate what Kyle Willams did in that NFC Championship but the man has suffered.
I like the way he handled himself and he looked pretty good before injury this season.

I don't hate the guy, I just hate that he wasn't able to perform.

However, if it ever happens again....Well, he just don't show up for team meetings the next day or ever :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Nice....

What is Suh doing there?

"The competition will also include NBA great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, NFL player Ndamukong Suh, and (our pick for most likely to make a joke about splash size), comedian Louie Anderson. Rounding out the cast are actor/musician Drake Bell and E! TV correspondent Chuy."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
"The competition will also include NBA great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, NFL player Ndamukong Suh, and (our pick for most likely to make a joke about splash size), comedian Louie Anderson. Rounding out the cast are actor/musician Drake Bell and E! TV correspondent Chuy."
What about NFL great Kareem Abdul-Jabber?

Top Bottom