• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Another thought for the "other" thread. Does anyone have a good app idea for drawing plays? I may just draw them by hand on my Nexus. Prepare yourselves for squiggly lines!

jakncoke

Banned
People, this is how you insult someone. This works on two levels:

1.The Houston Comets own the most championship accolades of any Houston sport and they have the most recent championship.
2.They were disbanded in 2009.

Go Texans!

#GameRespectGame

lol you're fucked, join kaves shame circle to get there take exit 32

verbum

I think a tech thread will be very good. What about draft time? Would that be in the main thread or the tech thread?

Edit, which ever thread the draft stuff is in will mean the other thread is going to die off.

lol Im fine.But you can tell Harbaugh to have Ray cover Hernandez all game with no help.

I'll say it again. I'm not worried. It's 2000 all over again.

We were the 4, beat the 5 at home.

Went to the 1, Tennessee, huge underdogs: beat them

Went to the 2, Oakland, squashed Gannon and their dreams.

Superbowl Champions.

I don't have the spreads on those games, but I'm fairly certain, we at least 7 point dogs in both.

Kiryu

Post-Season Football without Seahawks are boring. I may have no participle in this thread or next thread because I am not even going to talk about Seahawks if they aren't playing any football now.

My prediction.

AFC Team wins the Superbowl.

Godslay

Banned
So I'm posting this up to actually gauge real interest in an "advanced" football thread. I've been talking with chuckddd, squicken and LJ to get their opinions and here's the basics about the thread:

My only concern is generation of content over time, especially the offseason. I feel that it might go stagnant. Even so, it's worth a shot to see what happens. The worst that can happen is that the thread falls off, or dies.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as some in here, so I'm sure I will be much more of a student before becoming a teacher. I'd still like to come and read, and contribute if I can.

This is with photoshop

http://gizmodo.com/5941436/how-to-make-a-gif-in-five-easy-steps

only problem is it requires Photoshop and the files to be quicktime media (avi,mpeg,MOV) Don't know if mp4's work.

Photoshop was just available free a week or so ago. I'm not sure if it still is. Part of the Adobe Creative Suite, so it might be worth a look.

Photoshop is also (iirc) the way Sunhi gifs things, which is the most efficient method I have seen thus far. Far better than the other methods that I've used.

I hope Patriots lose somehow, lets face it, they ain't getting better than this next season, expecting regression.

Gronk has a broken arm, and has had one for most of the season. The only real regression they face is when Wilfork's age finally catches up with him, which doesn't seem to be happening. They'll miss Welker but Bill doesn't have a problem getting the most out of sub par receivers.

I'll say it again. I'm not worried. It's 2000 all over again.

We were the 4, beat the 5 at home.

Went to the 1, Tennessee, huge underdogs: beat them

Went to the 2, Oakland, squashed Gannon and their dreams.

Superbowl Champions.

I don't have the spreads on those games, but I'm fairly certain, we at least 7 point dogs in both.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My only concern is generation of content over time, especially the offseason. I feel that it might go stagnant.

Plenty of opportunity for player analysis in the offseason, as well as covering questions about playbook/scheme installation for new coaches, etc.

jbug617

Banned
Freeman moving to Korea in the offseason

cJElg.jpg

XiaNaphryz

Photoshop is also (iirc) the way Sunhi gifs things, which is the most efficient method I have seen thus far. Far better than the other methods that I've used.

It's ridiculously easy to make a GIF in the most recent version of PS.

Drop vid file in timeline -> cut away excess range -> Choose Save for Web from File menu -> set image resolution size and set loop to infinite -> save.

Godslay

Banned
Plenty of opportunity for player analysis in the offseason, as well as covering questions about playbook/scheme installation for new coaches, etc.

Sounds good to me. I'd read it.

Drop vid file in timeline -> cut away excess range -> Choose Save for Web from File menu -> set image resolution size and set loop to infinite -> save.

I wonder if there is a gimp equivalent?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Sounds good.

Who's got $700 to burn and wants to buy me photoshop?

Talon

Post-Season Football without Seahawks are boring. I may have no participle in this thread or next thread because I am not even going to talk about Seahawks if they aren't playing any football now.

My prediction.

AFC Team wins the Superbowl.
Is that a present participle or past participle?

XiaNaphryz

I wonder if there is a gimp equivalent?

I think in Gimp you'd have to do it a bit more manually - choose what frames to extract from a vid file, import those frames as layers, set the layers as animation frames, do any needed resizing/retiming, then save it off as a gif.

Sounds good.

Find someone who can hook you up with a student version? Assuming the student price gets you access to the same functionality.

Photoshop Elements is cheaper, but I don't think that version automates as much as the full version - you'd likely have a similar workflow as the Gimp one I described above.

Godslay

Banned
Sounds good.

I'll check my couch!

I think in Gimp you'd have to do it a bit more manually - choose what frames to extract from a vid file, import those frames as layers, set the layers as animation frames, do any needed resizing/retiming, then save it off as a gif.

I think it would almost be easier to use the existing methods with the other free software at this point. I've never looked into Gimp, but it might be unwieldy. I was hoping that they'd copy whatever ps is doing.

Godslay

Banned
Considering when that went down he was like #1 or #2 in total posts, i cant imagine he went cold turkey.

Hmm, interesting. Never gave him money, and I doubt I ever would do so over the Internet. Heartless maybe, but there is just too much bullshit on the Internet.

Godslay

Banned
RAY WAS IN DENVER, THERE IS PROOF! EVERYONE JUST BACK OFF!

HE CALLED IN THE HIT! YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE. THE BALTIMORE RAVENS ARE A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE!

On another note, I'm a little salty over both Tucker and Bryant being able to allowed to kick a practice kick (in Tucker's case in between the 1st OT and 2nd OT), and Bryant kicking one long after the whistle was blown.

Now I'm not saying it mattered in the Denver game, we deserved to lose, but I would like to see it penalized going forward.

Top Bottom