• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hito, what is with the sexy Cutler avatar?
I avatar bet against Ari for the Falcons game, and Chicago is one of his teams. When I lost he only requested I switch to something with Cutler, so I got something that captures all that Cutler embodies.

ari

Banned
Haven't heard. Supposedly there was going to be a final four and Emery would choose the best one after second interviews.
On the 19th correct? I wouldn't mind trestman but i personally believe that sully will be our new Head coach. We will see though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My link was better!

My bad. You got stuck on the bottom of the page.

At least that endzone view doesn't make it look quite as deliberate... You know what? Tuck rule was karma for this shit. The raiders are responsible for the rise of evil. Thanks rors!

jakncoke

Banned
Personally, I find it BS that kickers get to practice off the field on the sideline with their net. They should only get pre game practice like all the players do.

hmm. im going to have to do some research to see if any of your posts ever made it to the forum without running into a dumbfuckery tornado

Mrbob

Looks like the Bears coaching finalists might just be a two man steel cage match:

https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh

According to one candidate who didn't get Bears job, he was told Emery will bring in 2 finalists to Halas Hall beginning tomorrow.

As @mortreport said, Darrell Bevell one candidate. @AdamSchefter said Trestman another, consistent with @vxmcclure23 tweet on Trestman.

I avatar bet against Ari for the Falcons game, and Chicago is one of his teams. When I lost he only requested I switch to something with Cutler, so I got something that captures all that Cutler embodies.

Super Bowl champion next year? That is what he about to embody.

TheFatOne

Any news on Chandler Jones? I thought I read earlier that Woodhead should be available. I really like Woodhead/Vereen against the Ravens. I would try and get them matched up against Ray Lewis as much as possible.

Godslay

Banned
Any news on Chandler Jones? I thought I read earlier that Woodhead should be available. I really like Woodhead/Vereen against the Ravens. I would try and get them matched up against Ray Lewis as much as possible.

Stay away from Ray. I know he seems like a good match up, but if you noticed last game Knowshon was jawing at him
and then went on to injury his knee. There is some kind of aura surrounding him. Dude is like a paladin from Diablo 2 right now.

Jovan Belcher was legally drunk before murder-suicide

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit when he shot his girlfriend nine times and then killed himself in front of his coach and general manager, an autopsy released Monday showed.

The Jackson County Medical Examiner report on Belcher, 25, raised new questions about whether police should have done more before the Dec. 1 murder-suicide. Officers found Belcher sleeping in his idling car about five hours earlier, but let him go inside a nearby apartment to sleep it off.

At the time of the autopsy, Belcher's BAC was 0.17, more than twice the limit of 0.08 percent for Missouri drivers, and it was likely higher when he shot girlfriend Kasandra Perkins, 22, at the couple's Kansas City home.

A police report released previously said Belcher had gone out the night before with a woman he was dating on the side while Perkins attended a concert with her friends.

Police who found Belcher sleeping in his Bentley outside the woman's apartment told him to turn off the ignition and he complied, the report said.

The report said Belcher "initially displayed possible signs of being under the influence (asleep and disoriented)." But the report added that after a few minutes of being awake his "demeanor and communication became more fluid and coherent." The report added that officers didn't smell alcohol on Belcher, and that there were no signs of him being "violent or emotionally unstable."

Under both city ordinance and state law, it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated, city prosecutor Lowell C. Gard said in an email. He said a vehicle doesn't need to be in motion for it to be determined that the person behind the wheel was operating it.

"Operation has been defined in Missouri courts to include a wide range of activity, including sitting behind the wheel of a parked car with the engine running, and sitting alone behind the wheel of a parked car with a warm, but shut off, engine," Gard wrote. "However, problems of proof arise when the arresting officer must provide evidence of that operation contemporaneous with intoxication."

Kansas City police Sgt. Marisa Barnes said in an email she wasn't aware of anyone being disciplined over the case. Even if they were, she said, she wouldn't be able to discuss it.

Belcher asked the officers who found him if he could stay inside the apartment for the night. Belcher tried to call his girlfriend, but she didn't discover the missed calls until the next morning. Two women who were up late invited Belcher to wait inside their nearby apartment after he explained his plight. They said Belcher "appeared to be intoxicated" but "seemed to be in good spirits," the police report said.

Belcher slept on their couch for a couple hours, leaving at 6:45 a.m. so he could make it to a team meeting planned for later that morning.

Upon arriving at the home he shared with Perkins, the couple began arguing. Belcher's mother, Cheryl Shepherd, who had moved in with them about two weeks earlier, heard multiple gunshots and ran to the bedroom, where she saw Belcher kneeling next to Perkins' body, saying he was sorry. The autopsy report says Perkins was shot in the neck, chest, abdomen, hip, back, leg and hand.

After kissing Perkins, his baby daughter and his mother, Belcher drove to Arrowhead Stadium. The autopsy said Belcher shot himself in the right temple as coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli looked on.

The infant, Zoe, is the subject of a custody fight between relatives of Belcher and Perkins.

Guy is a fucking monster. I know he is dead and all but jesus, what kind of a man would shoot his woman 9 times?

eznark

Banned
Looks like the Bears coaching finalists might just be a two man steel cage match:

https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh

According to one candidate who didn't get Bears job, he was told Emery will bring in 2 finalists to Halas Hall beginning tomorrow.

As @mortreport said, Darrell Bevell one candidate. @AdamSchefter said Trestman another, consistent with @vxmcclure23 tweet on Trestman.

Super Bowl champion next year? That is what he about to embody.

Jesus. Alvarez wouldn't even consider him for the Badgers and he is a finalist for the Bears job? Lol.

Now that's how you play football if you have Schoob as your QB

Sounds like a great offense for Trent

Troll

Banned
tuck-rule.gif
TuckRule_original.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

On first down and goal-to-go from the 9, the Texans passed the ball every time this season. Ok, 3 out of 4.

Ridiculous attempt at stat mining. 6,7,8...um 10. Guy makes a relevant point, but destroys his credibility in the process.

squicken

How often were they successful?

Averaged 1.43 yards per play, so not very often. I think "success" on a run play varies per system, but I think it's like a run needs to pick up 40% of the needed yardage on 1st down, 60% on 2nd, and then a convert on 3rd

That linked article I had had the Texans running 64% of the time once they crossed the fifty, but throwing more on their side. Kubiak the turtle

On first down and goal-to-go from the 9, the Texans passed the ball every time this season. Ok, 3 out of 4.

Ridiculous attempt at stat mining. 6,7,8...um 10. Guy makes a relevant point, but destroys his credibility in the process.

Yeah I thought so too, so I put the link to PFR to show all 1st down plays. 11 runs, 3 passes from outside the 5

eznark

Banned
http://bit.ly/10vnQqu

Just wanted to say I told you so. I said right when it happened that Carroll was bitching about the kick, not pretending that he didn't call a time out. That shit needs to start getting penalized. If the snap hasn't happened the kick shouldn't happen. Total garbage.

The New York Daily News reports the Jets have interest in former Browns coach Pat Shurmur for their offensive-coordinator vacancy.
Shurmur joins Marty Mornhinweg, Hue Jackson and Cam Cameron as potential candidates to replace Tony Sparano. Although Shurmur would be an upgrade on Sparano — most anyone would — there's nothing in his track record to suggest he could "save" Mark Sanchez. However, he would at least bring coherence to coach Rex Ryan's preferred "ground and pound" attack.
Muhahaha.

Just wanted to say I told you so. I said right when it happened that Carroll was bitching about the kick, not pretending that he didn't call a time out. That shit needs to start getting penalized. If the snap hasn't happened the kick shouldn't happen. Total garbage.
It was pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a moron that is what he was doing.

He kicked it about 10 seconds after they called the time out too.

tmdorsey

Yep. Coach Smith tells Bryant that if they try to ice him to always kick it. If there's no penalty I say why not? Stop with the icing shit. Haha.

JABEE

I wonder if Bryant kicked it wide on purpose to make Carroll look like an idiot afterward. By missing on purpose it would cause coaches to not try icing the kicker in the future. Then again, kickers probably don't mind being given extra time to prepare for the kick and in this case a practice kick.

squicken

I wonder if Bryant kicked it wide on purpose to make Carroll look like an idiot afterward. By missing on purpose it would cause coaches to not try icing the kicker in the future. Then again, kickers probably don't mind being given extra time to prepare for the kick and in this case a practice kick.

He definitely didn't take his normal run up to the ball. I hate icing so I'm with whatever makes it stop

Probably... Pete fuck up so many times in 1 game. I still can't get that shit out of my mind. Well good luck to you guys with Gus.

Even though josh Gordan came out in the supplemental draft, would he have been the best Wr in the 2013 draft? What would be the competition? Keenan Allen?

Top Bottom