• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Heavy said:
I pretty much can guarantee a Seattle win tomorrow. After that they'll probably beat San Fran and head to the Super Bowl and then lose to whoever comes out of the AFC. It's criminal how under the radar Russell Wilson has gone.

keep on doin what you do heavy!

On another note, I'm a little salty over both Tucker and Bryant being able to allowed to kick a practice kick (in Tucker's case in between the 1st OT and 2nd OT), and Bryant kicking one long after the whistle was blown.

Personally, I find it BS that kickers get to practice off the field on the sideline with their net. They should only get pre game practice like all the players do.

Godslay

Banned
Personally, I find it BS that kickers get to practice off the field on the sideline with their net. They should only get pre game practice like all the players do.

Apples and oranges. I'd argue that more agree with me than you on this one. Preemptively you are fighting a losing battle fyi.

Milchjon

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Wii U is weaker than a PS2

:jnc

NFL GAF, I like you. Despite all your flaws.

And since the professorial thread isn't up yet:
Just when does the clock stop, and when does it keep running? I realized yesterday that I don't even know.

Shit's complicated, yo.

Just when does the clock stop, and when does it keep running? I realized yesterday that I don't even know.

Shit's complicated, yo.

It stops if it goes out of bounds unless it isn't that last two minutes in the first half, or last 5 minutes in the 4th quarter, which it then is supposed to just stop until the official spots it on the field. It stops on all incomplete passes throughout a game. It stops during each score. It stops during each penalty and then resumes once ball is spotted and play resumes. It stops on turnovers.

I think that's the gist of it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Shit's complicated, yo.

They stop the clock at all the regular times. Oob, incomplete passes, etc. but if there's more than 2:00 left in the first half or 5:00 left in the game, the clock restarts when the ball is ready for play.

Turnstile

On another note, I'm a little salty over both Tucker and Bryant being able to allowed to kick a practice kick (in Tucker's case in between the 1st OT and 2nd OT), and Bryant kicking one long after the whistle was blown.

It was noticed by a large portion of the crowd and staff too. There was staff addressing the officials and the officials didn't seem to care. The officials definitely did not try and stop the kicking.
I call shenanigans on the officials. Head ref's been out of the mix for half a decade, is a floater (doesn't have his own crew) and then is given a playoff game.. :S

Denver had their chances though. They could've tried in the end of regulation. They could've tried not sending someone who is 125 lbs up the middle. They could have tried swatting the ball at the same time it would have reached the receiver instead of 2 seconds and 8 yards before.

btw- Rahim Moore and Matt Prater were seated next to us at the restaurant. Both are smaller than I expected.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Does it restart on incomplete passes? I think OoBs only..

Nope, at least not according to NFL.com.

With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal.

I don't really pay attention to the time rules. They just made this stuff up to make the game go by more quickly. How about: LESS FUCKING COMMERCIALS?!

Nope, at least not according to NFL.com.

I don't really pay attention to the time rules. They just made this stuff up to make the game go by more quickly. How about: LESS FUCKING COMMERCIALS?!

Yeah, but what you quoted doesn't say anything about incomplete passes. It says when it's restarted, and then doesn't mention incomplete passes. I think it always stops on incomplete passes.

EDIT: I don't know how I read your post at first. But you are agreeing with me, :jnc

Yeah, but what you quoted doesn't say anything about incomplete passes. It says when it's restarted, and then doesn't mention incomplete passes. I think it always stops on incomplete passes.
It indeed does always stop on incomplete passes. 1st quarter or last 5 minutes of the half.

* scoring plays
* kickoffs/punts
* incomplete passes

keep the clock stopped. FOREVER! or until the next play.

I honestly don't remember about dead ball penalties. Do they restart the clock? It's a mystery!

Tom Penny

Did anyone catch that weird fumble rule they mentioned when Lynch " fumbled " in the endzone. They ended up giving him the TD though. Something about no offensive player can recover it except for the fumbler in the 2 minute warning.

Did anyone catch that weird fumble rule they mentioned when Lynch " fumbled " in the endzone. They ended up giving him the TD though. Something about no offensive player can recover it except for the fumbler in the 2 minute warning.

I think the ball broke the plane of the endzone first.

Some fake rule the Steelers paid for a couple years ago so they could beat the Dolphins.

Smokey

I have tried to watch wwe for 5 minutes since it's in Houston .. Wat The fuck am i watching

*In b4 fraud wrestlers in a fraud city

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's just a matter of advancing the ball. If Lynch had fumbled it inches before the goal line, then Seattle would have retained possession and the ball would be declared dead at the spot of the fumble.

Theoretically, you could get around not being able to make a forward pass by intentionally fumbling the ball forward for another player to recover. Of course, this is risky as hell, but would have been allowable.

Mrbob

The Bears final coaching candidates finally starting to take shape.

Trestman and Bevell coming back this week for second interviews.

It was noticed by a large portion of the crowd and staff too. There was staff addressing the officials and the officials didn't seem to care. The officials definitely did not try and stop the kicking.
I call shenanigans on the officials. Head ref's been out of the mix for half a decade, is a floater (doesn't have his own crew) and then is given a playoff game.. :S

Denver had their chances though. They could've tried in the end of regulation. They could've tried not sending someone who is 125 lbs up the middle. They could have tried swatting the ball at the same time it would have reached the receiver instead of 2 seconds and 8 yards before.

btw- Rahim Moore and Matt Prater were seated next to us at the restaurant. Both are smaller than I expected.

ooh wow, one that screws up a defensive coverage leads to Game Tying TD and another that missed a 45 yard FG that could have sealed the game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
They can only perfect their step on the sidelines, not their aim. QBs also get their arm warmed up throwing the ball on the sidelines.

Top Bottom