• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

n9fAf.jpg

Oher is giving the "This kid is so white smdh" face.

Miguel

What a slanted argument.

:jnc

I wonder if Bryant kicked it wide on purpose to make Carroll look like an idiot afterward. By missing on purpose it would cause coaches to not try icing the kicker in the future. Then again, kickers probably don't mind being given extra time to prepare for the kick and in this case a practice kick.

Another thing we can blame Shanahan for.

Doomsayer

Baltimore is beating New England. I feel it. Bet the money line, fuck the spread.

I rode the giants money line throughout the playoffs all the way to the superbowl last year after they beat the falcons. Any team that beats the falcons in the playoffs at least gets to the superbowl, which won't change this year if we lose lol.

Of course you say that because of your location. I'm sure there's a ton of bandwagon fans out in full force in Baltimore, Massachusetts, and Atlanta.

Oh wait, I forgot, it's California. Fucking fairweather fucks.

I can confirm the Atlanta bandwagoners... they are all over town.

Been a Falcons fan since the Jerry Glanville days. It's been a roller coaster year, but I'm used to it by now.

If our defense can start wrapping up the offense instead of bouncing off of them like pinballs, we might beat the 49ers.
I'm hopeful, optimistic and super pumped up. I've earned it.

The teller at my bank was giving me grief for wearing my sideline jacket from 2006. "Oh, everyones a Falcons fan these days." I couldn't believe it. Can't stand fairweather fans. I got grief every other season from people for sticking with a sucky team wearing this same jacket.
They are my team, win or lose.

Greg

Prolly still lose to San Fran at home......would be even worse :(
Capers would've had a different game plan in place.

Cobb would've been flu free.

The cold would've stiffened Kap's joints.

Yeah... that's what would've happened, I'm sure of it.

squicken

God forgive me:

I want to see Belichick vs Harbaugh. Best offensive mind in the game vs one of the best defensive minds ever. I'd love to see Belichick with two weeks to prepare for the read option and pistol, and what new wrinkles Harbs would add. You know he'd be on the phone with his boy Saban about what to do

Doomsayer

I can confirm the Atlanta bandwagoners... they are all over town.

Been a Falcons fan since the Jerry Glanville days. It's been a roller coaster year, but I'm used to it by now.

If our defense can start wrapping up the offense instead of bouncing off of them like pinballs, we might beat the 49ers.
I'm hopeful, optimistic and super pumped up. I've earned it.

The teller at my bank was giving me grief for wearing my sideline jacket from 2006. "Oh, everyones a Falcons fan these days." I couldn't believe it. Can't stand fairweather fans. I got grief every other season from people for sticking with a sucky team wearing this same jacket.
They are my team, win or lose.

I feel you man.

I wore my SF hat to work today (which I've worn since the New Era shit was introduced) and my boss says to me, "You guys sure are coming out of the woodwork huh?"

I just shook my head. He's a Charger fan, so I can understand his propensity to go into
hiding.

mr2xxx

Banned
God forgive me:

I want to see Belichick vs Harbaugh. Best offensive mind in the game vs one of the best defensive minds ever. I'd love to see Belichick with two weeks to prepare for the read option and pistol, and what new wrinkles Harbs would add. You know he'd be on the phone with his boy Saban about what to do

How is Harbs the best offensive mind in the game?

JABEE

God forgive me:

Belichick would have to beat both Harbaughs to win the Super Bowl.

God forgive me:

How is Jim Harbaugh the best offensive mind in the game? The Niners have finished 11th and 23rd in total offense during his tenure.

Edit: glad I'm not alone in this

Talon

Best in the game might be stretching it, but who's clearly better than Harbs?
Belichick and Payton. Both guys are a step ahead on creating mismatches on offense with ten million formations. Look at what Vereen pulled off last week. Lose Gronk and the Pats keep on humming.

New England's scouting suffered from losing FO guys year after year, I think, based on the number of misses on the defensive side of the ball.

How is Jim Harbaugh the best offensive mind in the game? The Niners have finished 11th and 23rd in total offense during his tenure.

Edit: glad I'm not alone in this

i don't know if he is the best offensive mind in the game but i will say he is the best coach at developing QB's in the NFL. if i told you before last year that under harbaughs tutelage alex smith would lead us to the NFC championship you would've laughed. if i told you before harbaugh took the 49ers job that he would then replace alex smith with a pistol QB from nevada and that player would lead us to the NFC championship you would've laughed again.

but with that said i realize he's not jim "the mastermind" caldwell

Talon

Past two years SF has been ranked around #10 in pts. That doesn't exactly scream best.
To be fair, they were handcuffed by Alex Smith. Harbaugh managed to turn around Alex Smith to play competently, and now he got Kaep setting playoff rushing records. He knows how to coach them up for sure.

Top Bottom