• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

the rest of the AFC East is trash.

This is the reason the Patriots are in the playoffs year in and out. They are not punished for slow starts, bad training camps, injuries, or what have you.

It's impossible to overlook the Pats because when they are vulnerable and ripe for defeat they play the dysfunctional Jets, irrelevant Dolphins or hapless Bills. It's hard as hell to be gifted 5 divisional wins a season and not make the playoffs.

They also seem to benefit yearly from easy schedules, so the other teams in the league don't pose much challenge. Here come the Jacksonville Jags!
Fine, but no one in the AFC has been stopping them in the playoffs so what does it matter? The poor Texans playing in the brutal AFC South, I'm sure they would have killed the Pats if they were in the AFC East, right? And say what you will about the Dolphins and Jets but they both have fairly tough defenses that will beat you up on occasion, at least as much as the average team.

I just don't buy the excuses. There is enough parity in the NFL that I think it more or less works out by the time the SB has been played and won. You act like certain division games are guaranteed but if the Pats weren't a legitimately solid team they would lose some of those games.

Also, if you really want to criticize a team for this in this season it should be the Broncos. Acting like the AFC East is so much worse than any other AFC division just seems silly to me.

quizz.jpg
Free Quizz!

In the Upper Midwest, particularly Wisconsin, burgers are often made with a buttered bun, butter as one of the ingredients of the patty or with a pat of butter on top of the burger patty. This is called a "butter burger".

sconi_breakfast.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I've had one of those buttered bun monstrosities when I visited friends in St. Louis.

I didn't know they did that to the buns. A bacon cheeseburger with a buttered bun and mayo? Disgusted!

One of the worst burgers I've ever had. I threw it away after a few bites.

Dragon

Banned
Fine, but no one in the AFC has been stopping them in the playoffs so what does it matter? The poor Texans playing in the brutal AFC South, I'm sure they would have killed the Pats if they were in the AFC East, right? And say what you will about the Dolphins and Jets but they both have fairly tough defenses that will beat you up on occasion, at least as much as the average team.

I just don't buy the excuses. There is enough parity in the NFL that I think it more or less works out by the time the SB has been played and won. You act like certain division games are guaranteed but if the Pats weren't a legitimately solid team they would lose some of those games.

Also, if you really want to criticize a team for this in this season it should be the Broncos. Acting like the AFC East is so much worse than any other AFC division just seems silly to me.

Yeah DC is rather harsh on the AFC East and has been for a while. The AFC South is a joke too. The Patriots beat the top two teams in that division by a combined score of 122-66 in three games. Maybe if the Steelers were in a division with good offenses their highly regarded defense would be where it belongs: middle of the pack.

eznark

Banned
Culver's is great!

Also, thanks for suggesting that Donkey Kong Kart game when I asked for multiplayer games to play with my folks in Nintendoland, jackasses. Mario Chase is rad! The ghost game is awful.

Culver's is great!

Also, thanks for suggesting that Donkey Kong Kart game when I asked for multiplayer games to play with my folks in Nintendoland, jackasses. Mario Chase is rad! The ghost game is awful.

I didnt realize you were asking for mp games but even so the DK cart game orks great as an mp game. My wife and I just play pass the controller and try to beat each others best times. I think it is by far the best NL game and does a great job showing off the tilt functionality.

So it sounds like the Eagles are going to name Bradley their coach soon. I am very happy with this hire. I said from day 1 I wanted a defensive coach and I am so glad they went that way. Just need to bring in a good OC, and find a QB and they will be headed in the right direction.

ari

Banned
Don't really care about the fact he used them, just think it's shitty all the people he hurt along the way
Yep, could have been easier just admitting much earlier. So many people protected and defended this fucking shithead for years so he can just pull his jock strap down and take a fucking shit on them.

Now this fucking cunt is guaranteed a book deal and a lifetime movie and reality show for his spouse or some shitty money grabbing equilivant.

RBH

Jimmy Haslam, the newest owner of the Cleveland Browns, is getting close to taking an unprecedented step in Browns franchise history.

According to John Funk of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, the Browns are expected to announce this week they have agreed to sell naming rights to Cleveland Browns Stadium to the Akron-based FirstEnergy. The Browns have never sold the naming rights to a building they’ve played in.

There are only eight stadiums in the NFL that would remain without naming rights deals: Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City Chiefs), Candlestick Park (San Francisco 49ers), Cowboys Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), Georgia Dome (Atlanta Falcons), Lambeau Field (Green Bay Packers), Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati Bengals), Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo Bills) and Soldier Field (Chicago Bears).
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/cleveland-browns-to-sell-naming-rights-to-stadium/

RBH

A fairly weak draft class at the quarterback position could lead the Seahawks to look to maximize their value in Matt Flynn in trading him to a quarterback-needy team.

Seattle isn’t strapped by Flynn’s salary so much that have to move him. With Wilson on a rookie contract for at least another two seasons (before he can renegotiate his contract), the overall expense to Seattle’s quarterback position is still reasonably affordable. That being said, backup quarterbacks aren’t usually paid $7.25 million either, which is what Flynn is due in 2013 (although only $2 million is guaranteed).

With the Seahawks’ offense incorporating the read-zone option as heavily as they did the last half of the season, Seattle could look to find a backup quarterback more suited to run that offense if Wilson was to get injured.

“We’ve talked a lot about that. It’d be nice to have another guy that might be able to be a factor that way,” Carroll said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...trade-option-for-teams-needing-a-quarterback/

Talon

With a rookie QB, would using the amoeba once in a while cause confusion? It seems to have with Peyton in the first half when we played Denver. Make SF use an time out now and again?

I think random rushes from a LB or CB would help. Leaves a gap but if the QB is running to the right or left to escape pressure, that cuts down on the available receivers.
Problem with using the amoba against a running QB is that you have your defenders on their back heel. This is why we struggled so mightily against run games for the first half of the season because linemen were surging against us while Spoon, Nicholas and Moore were running away from the LoS.

Nightz

I like the McCoy hire. It's nice to see some fresh blood with him and Telesco. Glad the Chargers didn't go for a retread.

I like the McCoy hire. It's nice to see some fresh blood with him and Telesco. Glad the Chargers didn't go for a retread.

Yeah I think that is a good hire for you guys. My biggest fear this offseason was that the Eagles would get stuck with a retread like Whiz. I am so happy to get new blood in a HC.

JCizzle

With a rookie QB, would using the amoeba once in a while cause confusion? It seems to have with Peyton in the first half when we played Denver. Make SF use an time out now and again?

I think random rushes from a LB or CB would help. Leaves a gap but if the QB is running to the right or left to escape pressure, that cuts down on the available receivers.

CK is bad under pressure, so I think it's the best move for y'all.

Also, if you really want to criticize a team for this in this season it should be the Broncos. Acting like the AFC East is so much worse than any other AFC divisio,n just seems silly to me.
The Broncos haven't been good until this season.

The Patriots are a good team. None of the other teams in the East can challenge them, and It's been that way for years.

As for the playoffs, It's numbers. The best way to make the Super Bowl is to get that bye. 5 gifted wins is a good inside track.

all the assistant coaches are still under contract. the bears could retain them all if they wanted. it's up to whoever they hire as HC.

i would have kept Toub as well, best in the business.

Do incoming coaches ever keep guys from the previous staff? A guy might be a great coach but if he isnt "your guy" I think it makes more sense to clear everyone out and bring in people you are comfortable with. BTW I love your user name/avatar. That was one of my favorite albums back in the day.

Talon

That's great.

I've been looking for a t-shirt with the old Falcons logo as well as any other merchandise with that logo too.
Friend of my GF found an old Falcons pennant from the early 80s last year. Been hanging up on my wall ever since.

I would be all for going to the throwbacks as the permanent look.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Do incoming coaches ever keep guys from the previous staff? A guy might be a great coach but if he isnt "your guy" I think it makes more sense to clear everyone out and bring in people you are comfortable with. BTW I love your user name/avatar. That was one of my favorite albums back in the day.

The belief around town is that the Bears would like to keep Hot Rod Marinelli as defensive coordinator to keep the defensive continuity, and he's been good at developing defensive lineman like former running back Henry Melton. So we'll see.

It seems like Dave Toub is going to KC to work on Andy Reid's staff.

BlackGhost said:
What teams are left without coaches ? Arizona, Bears, and philly?
McCoy was pretty high on Arizona's list from some of the tweets I've read. With him out of the picture some of the pieces look to be falling into place. AZ apparently wants an offensive minded coach so Jay Gruden immediately shoots up their list though they could still feasibly go with Ray Horton.

Philly seems to be going in the Gus Bradley direction. The only x-factor left is the Bears.

Top Bottom