• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

The sack was old time Troy, but that INT was nothing amazing. It was a really bad decision and pass from the qb. That was from his inability to read the defense.

Troy's brain obviously still works, it is his body I am worried about.

You can argue if you want, but he has not been a great player for a considerable amount of time. I feel like ever since his injury against the Titans immediately following the SB he has been limited more often then he has been effective.

That's what I was saying though. The dude has been injured tons. He hasn't lost a step at all, but you can't perform when you're not on the field. Those two highlights I showed you came from the games where Troy's been healthiest all season. That's no coincidence.

ari

Banned
Anyone know much on Keenan Allen. See this is the reason the Professor Football thread has to have draft talk. LJ knows all these guys, ari doesn't
Why should this conversation have anything to do with me? Seriously? i really never come off as a football elitist wannabe like some of you.

Before the bet, i never even knew LJ and i never ever even replied to any of his posts and he never replied to mine.

makes no sense that i should get shit for his undoing, no matter how shitty my posts are compared to his.....which i am not sure why its shitty because 99.9 percent of my posts are bears related, random gaming or movie related, or replies from other posts.

Not sure why some of you shit heads get bent out of shape over little o me.

squicken

Tavon Austin is going to die in the NFL.

Seems like a team would be way better off backing up the money truck to Jennings than drafting these wide outs. I don't think there is anyone out there who is a sure thing.

Also a fan of Williams at Baylor, but my knowledge of prospects is pretty limited until all the stuff starts hitting Youtube. CFB needs a RZ channel and Game Rewind

Keenan's got great athleticism, and has high end top speed. But isn't a polished WR. But was good enough to be highly sought after by Saban at Alabama. But Saban wanted him at CB and not WR. But be warned, he might not sign his contract to whichever team he goes to. Not until that team signs his half brother, Zach Maynard, to be the QB!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a guy STL drafted last year. Also I feel like Mack Brown is better at mis-projecting defensive backs than Saban

Mortalias

Neo Member
As a Jaguars fan whose team just hired the main scout for the Falcons as GM, it'd be cool to see his talent legitimized (supposedly he was instrumental in Matt Ryan/Julio Jones pick).

Otherwise I'd love to see a Harbowl. Niners -vs- Ravens!

mr2xxx

Banned
I think Raheem Morris will change that for us. I wouldn't be shocked if we make a run at Talib (might be misspelled).

Also, I expect us to resign Hall for a small fee. He knows that he won't get paid anywhere else.

Don't forget that we got a steal in the draft by taking a chance on Minnifield. I'm looking forward to seeing how good he is.

I think this year has shown that they are developing their players better than before.
Minnifield was undrafted because of knee concerns which proved true. He has talent but at least he was a low risk signing. Andrews did the surgery so hopefully he comes back as good as new.

Also I Forgot all about Raheem. I heard rumors during the season that he will be our next D-Coordinator to he's on his way out to be a D-coordinator somewhere else. Not sure what will happen but I'm sure he doesn't want to be an assistant for much longer.

bionic77

That's what I was saying though. The dude has been injured tons. He hasn't lost a step at all, but you can't perform when you're not on the field. Those two highlights I showed you came from the games where Troy's been healthiest all season. That's no coincidence.
When it has been more than a year since a guy was playing at his physical peak then it is normal to start getting skeptical. I mean maybe his calves and hamstrings are just jacked for the rest of his career now.

I hope I am wrong and Troy comes back and wins DPOY and leads us to Superbowl number 7 next year, but that is not the way things usually go in the NFL.

Minnifield was undrafted because of knee concerns which proved true. He has talent but at least he was a low risk signing. Andrews did the surgery so hopefully he comes back as good as new.

Also I Forgot all about Raheem. I heard rumors during the season that he will be our next D-Coordinator to he's on his way out to be a D-coordinator somewhere else. Not sure what will happen but I'm sure he doesn't want to be an assistant for much longer.

Did the other Ryan brother find a job yet?

By the way, Brandt isn't the only one with a mock. All of the NFLN "experts" have their mocks up:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Giants selections:

Bucky Brooks -- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
Daniel Jeremiah -- Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
Charles Davis -- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Gil Brandt -- Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame
Josh Norris -- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also a fan of Williams at Baylor, but my knowledge of prospects is pretty limited until all the stuff starts hitting Youtube. CFB needs a RZ channel and Game Rewind

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a guy STL drafted last year. Also I feel like Mack Brown is better at mis-projecting defensive backs than Saban

It'll be interesting to see how he performs with an actual talented quarterback. Cause, while he caught a shitload of passes at Cal, so many were short, that he consistently had short yardage on his catches.

Spinluck

Yeah well I'm a pretty active member of the "People who would like to see the Pats challenged" club so I know what you're saying. But it's not like the rest of the AFC is doing very well at that come playoff time either.

I can't really talk, seeing as how up until 2009 we usually shat on our division. Difference is, the Pats didn't choke come playoff time. But we at least had our battles in the South. It's no fun when the Pats are fucking shutting people down and shit lol. The Jets are getting worse, the Bills are a question mark, and the Dolphins are.. Still getting the pieces in place.

squicken

Rams really need a safety. Brandt said Vaccaro has some speed concerns. idk. Rams play so much single high they need center fielder type who can cover some ground. Mikell was at the LoS so much vs SEA and SF. They almost have to build their defense around playing those two teams. Craig Dahl gave up two giant plays versus them. Must be replaced

Talon

2EURs.jpg

The Men's Fashion Week thread seems like it's off to a roaring start.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers has begged out of the pro bowl because of "multiple injuries." Wasn't he just bitching about guys doing this last year?

Sigh, these guys think we're going to blow the early pick on a QB every year. If the quality isn't there, we aren't wasting that early a pick. I expect us to grab one in the second round, hopefully Tyler Wilson. Second round is the right spot for the level some of these QB's are at but we especially aren't blowing the 7th pick on one when there's better talent to be had.

:jnc at the fools that think we'd take Barkley at 7. Kinda crazy to think we were all talking about him going #1 this time last year and joking about teams going malarkey for Barkley.

jakncoke

Banned
The 2008 Steeler draft was absolute shit. But if players leave via free agency, you can't say that was bad drafting. Those players they took late were so good they couldn't afford to resign them...terrible drafting. Pick shittier players!

I was like hmm how shitty. Jebus that was a terrible draft

Wrayfield

Thanks Larry. You're a classy dude shit pics aside.

Go... aw fuck it what do I care?

I'm staying neutral. I wanted to see Gronk and I feel like I jinxed him, so to spare anyone else I can't back anyone else for safety.

RIP LJ11. He's in a better place now.

2EURs.jpg

The Men's Fashion Week thread seems like it's off to a roaring start.

Almost like Tom Brady. Surprised no one shopped his face on this...

Ex-Giant receiver Phil McConkey rips Drew Brees and the NFLPA for their part in player issues/lawsuits:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/ex-giant-phil-mcconkey-takes-aim-at-nflpa-drew-brees/

Former Giants receiver Phil McConkey, a popular member of the Super Bowl XXI-winning Giants, complained about the union and a high-profile current member of its Executive Committee.

“I see so many of my colleagues suffering terribly,” McConkey told Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton of WFAN. “And I don’t blame — I really don’t blame the owners and the management. I don’t. It’s the Players Association, they’re the ones that should have taken care of the guys that went before them. And they didn’t, and they still don’t.”

For McConkey and plenty of former players, a comment made by Saints quarterback Drew Brees in 2009 still resonates.

“There’s some guys out there that have made bad business decisions,” Brees said at the time. “They took their pensions early because they never went out and got a job. They’ve had a couple divorces and they’re making payments to this place and that place. And that’s why they don’t have money. And they’re coming to us to basically saying, ‘Please make up for my bad judgment.’ In that case, that’s not our fault as players.”

“All [the 1987 strike] benefited were some of the guys of today,” McConkey said. “There are some guys today that have absolutely no clue and that run their mouths. And Drew Brees is one of them.

“I know he’s canonized and people think he’s great,” McConkey also said regarding Brees. “If he got in front of a group of ex-players, I don’t know what would happen. . . . It’s just — it’s disgusting, but that’s some of the mentality that’s around.”

As to the concussion lawsuits, McConkey thinks the NFLPA should be a defendant, too. “I don’t understand why they’re not suing the Players Association also,” McConkey said. “I think they’re more responsible than the NFL.”

You can hear the entire audio from the interview at the link.

squicken

I'm just glad everything I've read points to Arians leaving.

Are there any good OC's on the market?

Not sure he'll get a job, personally. Too old I'm guessing for most teams, and I imagine they know they can't let their QBs catch beatings like Luck and Ben can endure

Johnson looks like an all pro TE at least. That should count for something!

If they don't bring in anymore TEs this offseason and Miller's not ready for the start of the season, they're top two TEs will be David Paulson and David Johnson....fear that combo opposing teams, fear it!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm starting to feel okay with keeping Finley if his contract gets sorted out. Seemed like he was a different player after the bye.

Godslay

Banned
God I hope Austin is still there for Denver at 28. I've said it forever that I want him to be a Bronco. Load this offense up with playmakers, patch up the defense in the later rounds and see what happens the next year. Act and play like their isn't a plan B.

jakncoke

Banned
God I hope Austin is still there for Denver at 28. I've said it forever that I want him to be a Bronco. Load this offense up with playmakers, patch up the defense in the later rounds and see what happens the next year. Act and play like their isn't a plan B.

thats easy, one and done

It is when the only other players they got from it are Hood and David Johnson. One is a so-so starter and the other is a TE playing FB and who missed a whole season and nobody really noticed.

What are you suggesting then? Not everybody can be a 5 year starter. David Johnson was drafted when we still under the Bruce's "Tight Ends ain't shit" system.

The 2008 Steeler draft was absolute shit. But if players leave via free agency, you can't say that was bad drafting. Those players they took late were so good they couldn't afford to resign them...terrible drafting. Pick shittier players!

Yes, because every player that leaves from FA is because they were so awesome that everybody wanted them. No team has ever let a player walk after his initial contract simply because they thought they could replace him with something better, right?

Top Bottom