• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bill Parcells is super duper tan. He must have retired to the islands. I'm guessing he's hating life working for espn in Connecticut right now.

Want to settle this argument once and for all? What era was harder on a qb, now or the 80's? Who is 4-0 is Superbowls? Who never threw a pick in a super bowl game?

Dragon

Banned
And yet he seems to be able to beat the great qb's that Tammy can't! Names like Sanchez, Plummer and Flacco!

He doesn't beat anything. He's an above average quarterback. It's insulting to put him in the same conversation.

And Brady beat Flacco you Sanderson apologist.

Want to settle this argument once and for all? What era was harder on a qb, now or the 80's? Who is 4-0 is Superbowls? Who never threw a pick in a super bowl game?

Montana had hall of famers all over the place and one of the best coaches of all time.

Plus the whole salary cap thing may have some relevance too!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In this video Plunkett, Montana, Steve Young, and Rodgers barely talk for like 30 sec each in losing in various playoff games, while Brady has to talk for over half of the video about the multiple losses in the Super Bowl while the others smirk on.

NFL Films Presents Losing Hurts

Godslay

Banned
I remember when Peyton used to be in conversations with Brady and Montana...those will never happen again. I think Brady needs 5 rings or 4 and a ridiculous 7 SB berths. He would have been GOAT but the stupid Tyree thing happened. It is what it is.

Hater.

All he has to do is win 2 and he's better than Brady, assuming Brady stays were he is at. A tie in terms of Super Bowl rings goes to Manning.

JABEE

Brady cheated his way to most of his playoff success. I'm still waiting on Brady's first Super Bowl.

Patriots fans have the gall to compare that cheater in New England to Joe Montana?

The world is in a place of great turmoil. Teams are discarding the Tim Tebows of the world for immoral, cheaters like Tom Brady.

Disgusting.

It's a good thing we still have men who play with integrity in this league like Joey Flacco. He didn't have the talent, but he had a lot of heart. That's what should be valued in the NFL, not prima donna, crooks like Tom Brady.

Peace.

Dragon

Banned
Brady cheated his way to most of his playoff success. I'm still waiting on Brady's first Super Bowl.

Patriots fans have the gall to compare that cheater in New England to Joe Montana?

The world is in a place of great turmoil. Teams are discarding the Tim Tebows of the world for immoral, cheaters like Tom Brady.

Disgusting.

It's a good thing we still have men who play with integrity in this league like Joey Flacco. He didn't have the talent, but he had a lot of heart. That's what should be valued in the NFL, not prima donna, crooks like Tom Brady.

Peace.

Philly fans would roast Santa Claus on a spit if it meant they could win three Super Bowls.

Disgusting.

Peace.

02_LFW_FlaccoReckless_instory.jpg

XiaNaphryz

Montana had hall of famers all over the place and one of the best coaches of all time.

First 2 SBs: 4 HoFers (Montana, Lott (rookie for the first SB), Dean, Walsh)
Next SB: 5 HoFers, 3 who were carryovers from before, with 1 primarily a backup (Montana, Lott, Rice, Young, Walsh)
4th SB: 4 HoFers, all carryovers from the last SB, with 1 primarily a backup (Montana, Lott, Rice, Young)

Yeah, they were ALL over the place.

Disgusting.

Peace.

McRib has the same amount of wins as Peyton and Philly fans couldnt get rid of him fast enough.

brentech

#Packers CBs coach Joe Whitt essentially says Tramon Williams (@HighRizer38) not guaranteed starting spot in 2013:

"I tell you what, the group is going to be very competitive moving forward. We have a number of guys that it’s going to be interesting who the guys are going to be that run out there Day 1 because right now I couldn’t tell you who’s going to do what because of the way that Sam (Shields) and Casey (Hayward) have played and with Tramon and (Davon) House there, there are four guys that are vying for two spots, maybe three with nickel. It’ll be interesting to see who gets them.

"I wouldn’t say (Williams) is on the downside, I would say that Sam’s picked up his level of play, Casey probably played better than any of you all expected him to play and probably played better than I expected him to play. So the competition in the room has gotten better, and so that’s the case. I think Tramon, he graded out pretty well in most games. He covered pretty good. Just the competition in the room has improved.

"I believe in not allowing anybody to be comfortable. We don't work in a business that you can get comfortable and so the guys, we’ll always say, their play will dictate who runs through the tunnel. The guys that play the best will play. That practice the best, that have the best tests. We’re about winning championships, and we fell short. And that’s our charge. We’re going to put the guys out there that are doing the best. If it’s a different guy each week, that’s what it will be. We’re going to do that."

Dragon

Banned
First 2 SBs: 4 HoFers (Montana, Lott, Dean, Walsh)
Next SB: 5 HoFers, with 1 primarily just a backup (Montana, Lott, Rice, Young, Walsh)
4th SB: 4 HoFers, with 1 primarily just a backup (Montana, Lott, Rice, Young)

Patriots only have two. So yeah point stands. Not to mention the salary cap.

Do buttfumble seriously have to be mentioned on every fucking page?

You're right. Lets mention this:
Jay Cutler
Playoff record: 1-1
Home playoff record: 1-1
Road playoff record: 0-0
Non-wild card playoff record: 1-1
30-30-30 seasons: 0
Playoff points per game average: 24.5*
(*Removed from game with 0 points at time of removal)
Super Bowl appearances: 0
Super Bowl rings: 0

Rorschach

bubububububububububububu Jerry Rice! Wait, Montana won a SB without Rice? I call bullshit on that! It's not possible! bubububububub Jerry Riiiiiice!!!!!!!! Asterisk on all Montana SBs!

JABEE

Philly fans would roast Santa Claus on a spit if it meant they could win three Super Bowls.
There would be no burnings involved in our Super Bowl championships. Maybe a few cars, but I can guarantee you there would be no tape burned to protect institutionalized cheating with the supervision of the commissioner himself.
You must embody pure evil before you can vanquish it from this world.

Dragon

Banned
bubububububububububububu Jerry Rice! Wait, Montana won a SB without Rice? I call bullshit on that! It's not possible! bubububububub Jerry Riiiiiice!!!!!!!! Asterisk on all Montana SBs!

I never mentioned Rice. But thanks for interjecting with that strawman!

Godslay

Banned
First 2 SBs: 4 HoFers (Montana, Lott, Dean, Walsh)
Next SB: 5 HoFers, 3 who were carryovers from before, with 1 primarily a backup (Montana, Lott, Rice, Young, Walsh)
4th SB: 4 HoFers, all carryovers from the last SB, with 1 primarily a backup (Montana, Lott, Rice, Young)

Elway and Sharpe are the only two HOFs on Denver's SB wins.

JABEE

McRib has the same amount of wins as Peyton and Philly fans couldnt get rid of him fast enough.

McNabb is working at NFL Network while Peyton Manning is challenging for NFL MVP. I believe the fans were right about McNabb leaving when he did. He had some great seasons with Eagles though. His wide receivers were even shittier than Brady's receiving corps.

McNabb is working at NFL Network while Peyton Manning is challenging for NFL MVP. I believe the fans were right about McNabb leaving when he did. He had some great seasons with Eagles though. His wide receivers were even shittier than Brady's receiving corps.

Good luck with Brian Billick and Nick Foles for 4 years.

XiaNaphryz

Patriots only have two.
And if in 10-15+ years if you end up inducting 1 or 2 more? You'll be right in the same range. Having a bunch of HoF players doesn't mean anything - see the 90s Buffalo Bills.

So yeah point stands. Not to mention the salary cap.
Didn't stop other teams from getting to multiple SBs during the same time. If anything, it made it more competitive at the top end, as the Giants regularly gave the Niners fits. In SBs, the Redskins went 3-1, Giants went 2-0, Raiders were 2-0, Steelers were 2-0 all during Montana's 49er years.

McNabb could still be in the league if he took care of himself.

Dragon

Banned
If Shanahan gets in so does Belichick. So that puts Denver and the Pats at 3.

Unless you're putting in Vinatieri I don't know who the third Patriot is.

And Belichick is pretty much guaranteed unless he's like an accomplice to murder or something.

Tom Penny

Hater.

All he has to do is win 2 and he's better than Brady, assuming Brady stays were he is at. A tie in terms of Super Bowl rings goes to Manning.

Yawn. 9-11 playoff record, 8 one and dones, 3 fewer SB berths, 2 fewer rings, worse regular season and playoff winning percentages. Brady is also the only player with 100+ more wins than losses. Manning would have to have Brady retire and have about 2 perfect seasons to match that. At least time and health is on Mannings side !!!

Top Bottom