• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

I hate to say it, but if any team can beat the Patriots in the Championship, it would be the Ravens. For whatever reason, the Ravens typically play hard core when they go against the Pats. Although I loathe the Ravens right now, I can see them beating the Patriots this Sunday. If Flacco could make big play after big play against Denver, I don't think he'll have any problem with a NE defense that has done nothing but that this entire season. The only reason Houston didn't is because Shaub melts under the big stage.

JABEE

McNabb could still be in the league if he took care of himself.

I think so too. Something went wrong in Washington, and he was perturbed by the fact that Minnesota drafted Christian Ponder. He's always been a very sensitive person. It's why he always talks about getting booed at the draft even though Jets picks are often booed at the draft. without a national story.

Godslay

Banned
Yawn. 9-11 playoff record, 8 one and dones, 3 fewer SB berths, 2 fewer rings, worse regular season and playoff winning percentages. Brady is also the only player with 100+ more wins than losses. Manning would have to have Brady retire and have about 2 perfect seasons to match that. At least time and health is on Mannings side !!!

If Peyton wins two SBs, all that gets tossed out the window faster than a Brady dick during a sex change op.

Manning has prolific stats, considerably more so than Brady. If he can match him with Superbowls he will be placed above him. That one season with Matt Cassel did more harm to Brady's legacy than Manning's post season record ever will.

Tom Penny

I hate to say it, but if any team can beat the Patriots in the Championship, it would be the Ravens. For whatever reason, the Ravens typically play hard core when they go against the Pats. Although I loathe the Ravens right now, I can see them beating the Patriots this Sunday. If Flacco could make big play after big play against Denver, I don't think he'll have any problem with a NE defense that has done nothing but that this entire season. The only reason Houston didn't is because Shaub melts under the big stage.

Any team can lose at this point. Patriots have given up far few big plays since acquiring Talib though. If I had to guess they are putting Talib 1 one 1 with Boldin and doubling Torey Smith the whole game. I sure the fuck don't think the Pats are 9 point favorites or whatever.

02_LFW_FlaccoReckless_instory.jpg

The guy in the back. His look....lol

bionic77

That's Jags loss hurt. Wasted one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history by Ben (Tomlin also gets an assist for his brilliant decision to go for 2 twice, margin of loss two points).

Amazing Wilson did the same thing in his rookie year.

Tom Penny

If Peyton wins two SBs, all that gets tossed out the window faster than a Brady dick during a sex change op.

Manning has prolific stats, considerably more so than Brady. If he can match him with Superbowls he will be placed above him. That one season with Matt Cassel did more harm to Brady's legacy than Manning's post season record ever will.

Manning Legacy is 9-11 and an insurmountable and pathetic 8 one and dones and 4 of those losses after a bye meaning they were home games. If playing the what if game makes you feel better go for it.

bionic77

Manning Legacy is 9-11 and an insurmountable and pathetic 8 one and dones and 4 of those losses after a bye meaning they were home games. If playing the what if game makes you feel better go for it.
What if Tom had male genitalia and was not the spawn of Satan, would we still hate him?

Any team can lose at this point. Patriots have given up far few big plays since acquiring Talib though. If I had to guess they are putting Talib 1 one 1 with Boldin and doubling Torey Smith the whole game. I sure the fuck don't think the Pats are 9 point favorites or whatever.

Saw this stat:pre-Talib, Patriots gave up 62 pass plays of 20-plus yards (9 games). Post-Talib, it's 40 (8 games)

Either way, at this point I want a NE/SF rematch just because it would make for the most entertaining matchup at this point.

Plus I loathe Baltimore than I do Brady and the Pats right now...

Tom Penny

That's Jags loss hurt. Wasted one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history by Ben (Tomlin also gets an assist for his brilliant decision to go for 2 twice, margin of loss two points).

Speaking of the Jags. Brady once had a 2 game stretch LOL

49 of 54 (90.7%), 529 yards, 9.8 YPA, 7 TD, 0 INT, 147.1 passer rating.

What if Tom had male genitalia and was not the spawn of Satan, would we still hate him?

You're jealous of his masculinity and keen eye for stylish footwear.

mr2xxx

Banned
I think so too. Something went wrong in Washington, and he was perturbed by the fact that Minnesota drafted Christian Ponder. He's always been a very sensitive person. It's why he always talks about getting booed at the draft even though Jets picks are often booed at the draft. without a national

He didn't want to learn a new system, that's on him. Dude complained about Kyle trying to micro manage his technique, rumors of not wanting to wear a wristband, and the whole benching to put in Rex for the minute drill for "cardiovascular endurance" reasons. If anyone has seen Rex you know he doesn't posses any endurance, Mcnabb didn't know the two minute offense and he was benched.

bionic77

Flacco has only lost to the following QBs in the playoffs: Brady, Manning, and Ben. He's also beaten Brady and Manning. What a stud.
No Ben in playoffs and Flacco goes to Superbowl?

Asterisk time!

Just kidding. Go Ngata you fat evil bastard. Put your full weight on Tammy. In memory of the great Siragusa!

JABEE

He didn't want to learn a new system, that's on him. Dude complained about Kyle trying to micro manage his technique, rumors of not wanting to wear a wristband, and the whole benching to put in Rex for the minute drill for "cardiovascular endurance" reasons. If anyone has seen Rex you know he doesn't posses any endurance, Mcnabb didn't know the two minute offense and he was benched.

Reminds me of the Super Bowl. He had a lot of problems with Shanahan. He's had issues with every coaching staff other than the Eagles, who kept giving him second chances. I remember when he was benched against the Ravens only to go on a tear and take the Eagles to the NFC championship game. They should have beat the Cardinals. The defense wilted on the last drive after the Eagles battled back from a 21 point deficit to take the lead on a Desean Jackson TD.

McNabb had a chance to win that game too, but just couldn't get it done. That was the last season Jim Johnson coached the team, and the last season the Eagles won a playoff game.

No Ben in playoffs and Flacco goes to Superbowl?

Asterisk time!

Just kidding. Go Ngata you fat evil bastard. Put your full weight on Tammy. In memory of the great Siragusa!

That moment, when Ganon went splat, was one of the most amazing moments in my personal football history. If there were still any Raider fans here, they can attest to the greatness of that moment.

Godslay

Banned

I'm not the one that totes out that stat in order to pump up Brady's legacy.

Manning has the better stats, a clean legacy, and is a Superbowl winner. Sorgi or Painter didn't slide into his spot and go 11-5. Those aren't what ifs they are facts.

Brady has also been the beneficiary of better coaches, better defenses, and largely a better franchise than the Colts.

I don't know. I'm not too confident in Foles being a franchise quarterback. We may need to suck one more year and hope the QB prospects are better next year.
I feel ya, but I'm not in the game of sucking it up anymore. I wanna trade for someone if we get the chance to or have a gem drop to us

When was the last time somebody won by a point in a playoff game?

Dragon

Banned

Manning has the better stats, a clean legacy, and is a Superbowl winner. Sorgi or Painter didn't slide into his spot and go 11-5. Those aren't what ifs they are facts.

Brady has also been the beneficiary of better coaches, better defenses, and largely a better franchise than the Colts.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. The stats are pretty similar, considering Manning has played fifty more games than Brady I'd say they're pretty even. Especially when you consider that Brady doesn't throw as many picks and plays in a place where weather is a factor.

As far as the whole Matt Cassell thing, I'm not sure what's so damning about it. He played with arguably a top three receiver of all time and had an easy schedule.

Tom Penny

Manning apologists are funny. He never had good coaches or players yet magically won enough games to make the playoffs, get bye weeks etc....Then he wets himself in the playoffs but it doesn't matter. Gotcha. His first SB run winning run was as fantastic as Brady's 1st. 3 TD's and 7 INT's..but he never had good defenses !!!!

squicken

Manning apologists are funny. He never had good coaches or players yet magically won enough games to make the playoffs, get bye weeks etc....Then he wets himself in the playoffs but it doesn't matter. Gotcha. His first SB run winning run was as fantastic as Brady's 1st. 3 TD's and 7 INT's..but he never had good defenses !!!!

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...efense-is-why-he-has-a-losing-playoff-record/

Not a Manning apologist, think Brady is better, but the Colts losses in the playoffs aren't on him. And the way the Colts fell off a cliff when Peyton sat out (2-14 against an easy schedule) vs what the Pats did w/o Brady is worth noting

Dragon

Banned
This doesn't really matter. They were(and still are) giving up big plays to everyone regardless of the quality of QB play/offense.

They still give up big plays but not as often as they used to.They've gotten more aggressive with Talib and have been a lot better since the 1st Raven game earlier in the season.

Godslay

Banned
I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. The stats are pretty similar, considering Manning has two more seasons under his belt than Brady I'd say they're pretty even. Especially when you consider that Brady doesn't throw as many picks and plays in a place where weather is a factor.

As far as the whole Matt Cassell thing, I'm not sure what's so damning about it. He played with arguably a top three receiver of all time and had an easy schedule.

Peyton has:

More probowls
More MVPs
102 More TDs
~15,000 More Yards
1.5% better career passing pct
More career wins
Not involved in any scandals

As far as Mannings playoff record, it is what it is. John Elway is 2-3 in the Superbowl, but that doesn't hurt his legacy. So that playoff record doesn't hurt Manning's in my mind.

Like I said with Cassel, when Painter was slid into place it didn't go so well. To me it shows that Manning is considerably more important to his team than Brady was at the time. I'm not going to go full retard and say that Brady is a system QB, but he has certainly benefited from better coaching, defenses, and players around him than Peyton has.

He literally had a great defense that one year in the 2006. That D was SHREDDED all season (recall that Jags game where they ran for like 350 yards on the Colts). Then this porous defense magically stiffened up against a beasting LJ and still solid Jamal Lewis, before getting blitz early by the Pats. They also showed up for the Super Bowl but some of that had to do with a disjointed Bears offense and horrible weather.

Even their 2010 Super Bowl run didn't have a great defense, their offense was just solid.

Pats D those first 3 Super Bowls were all legit. Not to mention Bill can scheme the fuck out of his offenses, and Brady's oline for the past 5 years have been stupid good - for 95% of the year heads above other teams.

Spinluck

I remember when Peyton used to be in conversations with Brady and Montana...those will never happen again. I think Brady needs 5 rings or 4 and a ridiculous 7 SB berths. He would have been GOAT but the stupid Tyree thing happened. It is what it is.

You're right and wrong. I say if Peyton wins another elsewhere he's up there. That's something no other QBs ever done before.

And now SB Births means something? Jim Kelly > Danny M?

Top Bottom