• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

I knew the Giants were gonna win last year, and I have the same feeling about the Ravens. Im usually never wrong about these kind of things. I just cant wait for all the praise NFLGAF will give me for successfully predicting the success of my boy Joe Flacco and the Ravens this 2012-2013 season.

effzee

He can join his brother Rex.

I've been in LA for the past 4 days so have been really out of it and away from all the rumors but even I find it tough now to rationalize not hiring someone by now.

I don't subscribe to the theory you have to sign a coach right away and you should look at everyone possible to get the best coach available. But now the longer it takes the more I worry all the talk about potential candidates being turned off by the prospect of working under and answering to Howie might be true.

When Gonzalez wins he should do a dance in the center of the field.....followed by several mocking knife thrusts.

Sorry to get all serious but what's the actual story of what happened that night? I know he was inolved in a fight at a bar in Buckhead when we hosted a superbowl but that's about all I know. The internet is pretty scant on detailed information.

Tabris

If I was a Steelers fan, I would refuse to watch the AFC Championship game.

I'm going to root for Ravens. I want to have lost to the SB champions.

jakncoke

Banned
If I was a Steelers fan, I would refuse to watch the AFC Championship game.

I'm going to root for Ravens. I want to have lost to the SB champions.

And miss playoff football? fuck that too. Im going to root for a bomb in that game and or alien invasion.

Sorry to get all serious but what's the actual story of what happened that night? I know he was inolved in a fight at a bar in Buckhead when we hosted a superbowl but that's about all I know. The internet is pretty scant on detailed information.

I don't know the full details either, but here's two recent stories about it:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_22369770/ray-lewis-murder-case-still-echoes-ravens-star

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

There was a fight in a bar that included Ray Lewis and posse. Afterwards, some of the combatants were stabbed and killed a few blocks away. Witnesses saw a limo there. That limo was tracked down and it happened to be carrying Ray Lewis. Eventually, Ray paid one of his boys a handsome fee to take the fall.

I can't confirm that last sentence, but it's true.

Long story short: Ray was young and had some bad friends. People are unoriginal and make the same bad joke. Also, their jealous they don't have Ray Lewis.

Long story short: Ray was young and had some bad friends. People are unoriginal and make the same bad joke. Also, their jealous they don't have Ray Lewis.

That's like saying Ted Bundy was born, became a professor, made a few mistakes, then died. You're leaving out the important part. He contributed to the death(s) of some guys, got off, and then completely changed his life. The last part is admirable and is why Ray is used as an example for new guys that come into the league with a bunch of knucklehead friends.

Are Steelers fans routing for the Pats?

They'd never stoop that low, would they?

Have to root for the Falcons by default.....but I highly doubt they can get the job done. As for the AFC Championship game, I wind up watching for something funny to happen: a stupid coaching move, a horrible call, a bone headed play, Ray Lewis trying to cover, Brady trying to scramble, that kind of thing.

squicken

As a fan of football I want to see Harbs/Belichick. I have no desire to see BAL play but they are less objectionable winners than NE. I would love for the Falcons to win b/c the city is a long suffering sports town. Maybe not the best fans in the world as far as attendance, but Falcons-GAF is pretty cool.

As a fan of football I want to see Harbs/Belichick. I have no desire to see BAL play but they are less objectionable winners than NE. I would love for the Falcons to win b/c the city is a long suffering sports town. Maybe not the best fans in the world as far as attendance, but Falcons-GAF is pretty cool.

i have no ill will towards falcons-gaf, but i do have a strong dislike for the falcons franchise after they broke hearsts ankle in 98. fucking bitch ass jamal anderson i hope you're getting raped in prison after your latest coke binge

i have no ill will towards falcons-gaf, but i do have a strong dislike for the falcons franchise after they broke hearsts ankle in 98. fucking bitch ass jamal anderson i hope you're getting raped in prison after your latest coke binge

:jnc

I remember watching that play. The first gruesome injury I ever saw occur on live television. Still cringe thinking about it.

A Ravens/Niners Superbowl would be crazy fun, but only if we won. Losing to the Niners in the Superbowl would be a nightmare. I can stay off of GAF, but I can't stay off life.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
TkGGw.png

Well we'll just have to hope Elite Joe Flacco is elite enough to get it done.

Apparently Joe wants that money, and knows a Superbowl ring will actually get him top 5 QB money. I'm scared of that too.

But I'll totally take a Championship, even if that means we're stuck with an albatross of a contract that puts us in Jets-like salary cap hell for five years.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You bastard should've picked Arians.

Damn you, damn you all!

Man, if Arians doesn't get a head job, he's really going to ramp up crazy plays next year. Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a job. That Colts team had no business winning 11 games. Maybe teams are looking for more rah rah guys. Arians strikes me more of a Dungy type.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Everything I've heard about Trestman has been great stuff, and he does have great history of working with NFL offenses and NFL quarterbacks.

Wes

venison crêpe
One of us appears to be involved in some next gen gaming drama. What if they check this thread? What if they ask about Shirtless league?

I don't want to go to court and have my torso be judged.

Wrayfield

One of us appears to be involved in some next gen gaming drama. What if they check this thread? What if they ask about Shirtless league?

"If it doesn't fit (shirtless, doh), you must acquit!"

I've never been to court, sounds like fun. I just hope they don't investigate us too much at the Shirtless HQ, we run a sketchy business there.

But I now do have a vision about a group of 100 Shirtless men, singing the 'Do you hear the people sing' song from Les Miserables...Think about all the press we'll get! Maybe we can get like deodorant sponsors and stuff! FREE DEODORANT FOR LIFE!

I see you boys at the gym, gotta be in shape before trail starts.

Kifimbo

A few words on Trestman, since I followed the Als in MTL. He's a great guy, and offense was never a problem. The team wasn't as good in the last few years because the defense was average. Sometimes pretty bad. They went through 3 or 4 defensive coordinator in the last few years. If the Bears have a decent defense and a good DC, I think Trestman will succeed.

Miguel

I've never been to court, sounds like fun. I just hope they don't investigate us too much at the Shirtless HQ, we run a sketchy business there.

But I now do have a vision about a group of 100 Shirtless men, singing the 'Do you hear the people sing' song from Les Miserables...Think about all the press we'll get! Maybe we can get like deodorant sponsors and stuff! FREE DEODORANT FOR LIFE!

I see you boys at the gym, gotta be in shape before trail starts.

Believe in your smellves

Top Bottom