• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A few words on Trestman, since I followed the Als in MTL. He's a great guy, and offense was never a problem. The team wasn't as good in the last few years because the defense was average. Sometimes pretty bad. They went through 3 or 4 defensive coordinator in the last few years. If the Bears have a decent defense and a good DC, I think Trestman will succeed.

Yup. He's been fantastic in Montreal the last few years.

He is only phase 1 of the Canadian invasion into the NFL, get ready for bagged milk bitches!

lol grey cups those are like AA baseball titles

How dare you!

Dragon

Banned
Ruh Roh:

vrAm1.png

I know some of y'all hate TMQ, but I found this passage rather poignant:

TMQ said:
Just like the last time the Texans ventured into Yankee territory, Houston was outcoached. The Texans' defense was unprepared for New England's goal-line quick-snap plays. That New England quick snaps after a big play creates first-and-goal is TOTALLY OBVIOUS from film. Yet three, count 'em, three times, New England got a big play creating goal-to-go, and the Houston defense was caught flatfooted. The Texans have a defensive coordinator, five senior defensive assistants and many scouts. How could none of them have known that New England has been quick snapping on first-and-goal all season? In December's Houston at New England game, there was a lot of pointing and shouting by Texans defenders, who didn't seem sure where to line up or how to locate Welker. A month later in the Houston at New England game, noting had changed.

Over on offense, trailing 24-13 late in the third quarter, the Texans faced third-and-7 on the New England 38. Four-down thinking should be used here -- since you know you'll go on fourth down. Matt Schaub took a five-step drop and then threw a panic pass directly into the hands of a defender for an interception. Ye gods.

The hey-everybody-look-at-me immaturity displayed by J.J. Watt was indicative of Houston underachieving. Before the game, Watt danced and stomped on the Patriots' logo. Boast after you win, not before you lose! New England leading 10-3, Watt stopped Ridley for a yard loss, then jumped up and performed an elaborate finger-pointing routine. Hey everybody, look at me! Dancing on the field about a routine tackle while your team is behind: ugh. Watt had a terrible game -- one tackle, half a sack, invisible for extended periods, often pancaked by Logan Mankins -- but limitless energy for self-promotion. The Patriots are a group of grownups, the Texans are a group of babies, and it showed.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've never been to court, sounds like fun. I just hope they don't investigate us too much at the Shirtless HQ, we run a sketchy business there.

But I now do have a vision about a group of 100 Shirtless men, singing the 'Do you hear the people sing' song from Les Miserables...Think about all the press we'll get! Maybe we can get like deodorant sponsors and stuff! FREE DEODORANT FOR LIFE!

I see you boys at the gym, gotta be in shape before trail starts.

I think the Commisioner's designs for league expansion are rather exuberant.

As a fan of football I want to see Harbs/Belichick. I have no desire to see BAL play but they are less objectionable winners than NE. I would love for the Falcons to win b/c the city is a long suffering sports town. Maybe not the best fans in the world as far as attendance, but Falcons-GAF is pretty cool.

No interest in a Harbbowl?

Ravens all the way for me the rest of the way.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Aaron Kromer named Bears offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Kromer was interim head coach for the saints for the first 6 games and line coach.

TMQ said:
It was telling that on the fourth-and-5, Aaron Rodgers trotted off passively, not arguing with McCarthy to leave the offense on the field. Rodgers knew the Packers were beaten. He and his coach had quit on the game.

This happened in last year's Giants game too.

ari

Banned
Aaron Kromer named Bears offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Kromer was interim head coach for the saints for the first 6 games and line coach.
Dont know how i feel about that. Dude went 1-6 as the saints head coach. I mean he might be decent in play calling. But.....

So G Cobb today said the hold up with the Eagles signing Bradley is fear about who his OC would be. They interview Whiz he said for the OC job but they dont think he will take it. I hope this gets resolved soon. I know sometimes teams wait until after the SB to hire guys since they want to hire coordinators from the SB team but I dont believe that is the case for the Eagles.

Not surprised by the hiring of Marc Trestman as the Bears head coach. He is an incredible coach and with a good support staff around him, he will do awesome things there I think. He is also a very well respected QB coach with a good offensive mind set so that might help out on that front. He has also won a few Grey Cup in his days, so the Bears fan should be happy to have a proven, talented and respected coach. Good for him!

It is also nice to see a CFL coach get some recognition. It sucks to see him leave the CFL, but I'm happy for him and excited to see where he takes the Bears.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Dont know how i feel about that. Dude went 1-6 as the saints head coach. I mean he might be decent in play calling. But.....

Trestman is going to the game day play caller. Kromer will help develop offensive schemes and game plans, but he wont be calling plays.

Everyone is saying Marc Trestman is a good hire.

2-14 season incoming.

If that's what it takes for getting Lovie out of town, so be it. Maybe with a good draft pick in 2014, the Bears can look into getting rid of Cutler :)

Vio-Lence

Banned
wat.

Typical Bears fan.

well obviously a Packer fan would want to keep Lovie and Cutler in chicago forever. Bears have been terrible against Green Bay ever since Cutler came into town. ***

***This also coincided with Rodgers replacing Favre. Lovie had a winning record versus GB while Favre was still the starting QB.

Trestman is going to kill it with the extra down in the NFL.

I like your style brah :)

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of laughing stocks, I dont believe you got back to us on yesterdays post yankeehater. What do you see or you think Eagles see in Geno Smith that makes him a viable candidate for a top 10 pick?

mr2xxx

Banned
Almost feel bad for the Bears, a CFL coach is what you rest your hopes on? You got rid of Lovie for this. I can see it as a offensive coordinator to see if he can handle it but head coach really. C'mon man

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Almost feel bad for the Bears, a CFL coach is what you rest your hopes on? You got rid of Lovie for this. I can see it as a offensive coordinator to see if he can handle it but head coach really. C'mon man

What the fuck has Lovie ever done? 1 playoff appearance in the last 6 years. He should have been fired years ago.

And why are you dismissive of a guy because he coached in Canada?

JCizzle

I mean, the packers hired the OC who had just run one of the worst offenses of all time and it turned out ok for them. I think it's a good move. I'm sure it was based a lot on his interview and vision rather than the CFL thing.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Sheeeeeeiiittt......Cutler for Schaub straight up. Stated this with a straight face

I'd ride and die with Cutler every Sunday over that bum Schaub, but I'm with ari. I think the Bears should let Cutler play out his contract this season and see if he makes some improvements. Cutler thinks he's worth 20 million a year. If he plays well in 2013, we always have the option of franchising him. No reason to cow tow to Cutler anymore. Time for him to put up or shutup in Chicago.

ari

Banned
I'd ride and die with Cutler every Sunday over that bum Schaub, but I'm with ari. I think the Bears should let Cutler play out his contract this season and see if he makes some improvements. Cutler thinks he's worth 20 million a year. If he plays well in 2013, we always have the option of franchising him. No reason to cow tow to Cutler anymore. Time for him to put up or shutup in Chicago.

Yep, makes no since to keep paying the guy if he can't make it over the packers.

If we would have even split the packers this season, we would have been in the playoffs. :(

Speaking of laughing stocks, I dont believe you got back to us on yesterdays post yankeehater. What do you see or you think Eagles see in Geno Smith that makes him a viable candidate for a top 10 pick?

I dont see anything in Geno, but I just have a hard time believing that the Eagles will actually waste a year of Shady and Deseans prime without a QB. Foles is complete garbage, no reason at all to give him another start. Maybe if they get Bradley they could trade for Flynn if he likes Flynn, but I am not sure that is the answer. They will have to get someone in the draft, and as much as people are down on Geno he still seems to be the highest rated QB in the draft. Maybe it works out that they could trade down and get him. Or use the 4th on someone else and trade their 2nd+ other stuff to get him at the end of the 1st. All I know is they dont have a QB on the roster that they can build around and they need to get one desperately.

Top Bottom