• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

TheFatOne said:
Excellent. When is the new thread going up? I'm really excited about the new thread, and I hope to eventually be able to explain the Pats defense/offense enough to break them down on a weekly basis next season.
It will be up by this weekend. Sunday at the latest. I've got a good portion of the FAQ already completed.

EDIT: Thanks for that article, too DK. I plan on linking to some web resources and that's a great one!

TheFatOne said:
I hope to eventually be able to explain the Pats defense/offense enough to break them down on a weekly basis next season.
An article you should read if you already haven't:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...s-power-one/nHTapuVnBOwfFlffwTrN6J/story.html

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So GAF are there any good football books that explain the x's and o's of football? I have been trying to understand the Pats offense, but my lack of football knowledged is holding me back. I need some books that explain schemes on offense and defense.

I agree with FV. I read it and I believe I sent it to someone here on GAF with the hope that he'd just keep forwarding it to anyone asking this question.

I also read this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1891396757/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's INSANELY dry and having been written by Bill Belichick's dad, that's to be expected.

Also, FatOne, weren't you the one that kicked off the playbook discussion last summer?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You can laugh at my math (I thought it was 6 seasons) but don't you dare call me a poor.

Aren't the public schools in Wisconsin among the best in the country? I was a year ahead of everyone else in school when we moved to Arkansas. Lord knows you pay for schools in Wisconsin to be awesome with those property taxes.

edit: After extensive display of Trestman's resume all over this page, I think it's pretty clear he'll fail because the only place of sustained success that he has had seems to be some CFL team.

BigAT

So GAF are there any good football books that explain the x's and o's of football? I have been trying to understand the Pats offense, but my lack of football knowledged is holding me back. I need some books that explain schemes on offense and defense.

Here's something you might be interested in taking a look at if you're really looking to get into advanced football knowledge. Someone published the entire defensive playbook 1992 Cowboys. You'll have to have a pretty solid understanding of the basics to make sense of some of it, but I found it incredibly interesting to actually look through a real NFL playbook.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2941638/1992-Dallas-Cowboys-Playbook-43

I can also second FutureVoid's recommendation on Kirwan's book.

LevelNth

Banned
Since watching the Niners from the late 80's, there are only a handful of ANY of the coaches that I've wholly disliked, mostly from the late 90's to the mid 2000's. Jimmy Raye at OC, Greg Manusky at DC, Greg Brown at secondary coach, Mike Nolan at HC and Jim Hostler at OC.

Oh, and Marc Trestman at OC.

If that is true I really hope that the Eagles didnt change their position and give him the power he wanted. I am not sold on Roseman but at least he has had several drafts in the NFL.

BigAT

What the fuuuuuuuuck?

So did Chip find out about something that the NCAA was going to do to Oregon or did the Eagles drive the money truck up to his house?

Milabrega

Its on sportscenter. I don't follow college football what's going on with Oregon and sanctions? Chip Kelly is pulling a Pete Carroll?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mortensen just tweeted that Chip Kelly is the new Eagles coach

Wow it's not a joke account. That's the real one.

IIRC @MortReport is the real deal.

This should be interesting...

pWyc7.gif

Talon

You know, the accusations against Oregon are pretty meager at best. I can't imagine that the sanctions will be serious.

I say this as someone that has made a reputation of egging on Push in the CFB thread for the last two years.

TheFatOne

Here's something you might be interested in taking a look at if you're really looking to get into advanced football knowledge. Someone published the entire defensive playbook 1992 Cowboys. You'll have to have a pretty solid understanding of the basics to make sense of some of it, but I found it incredibly interesting to actually look through a real NFL playbook.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2941638/1992-Dallas-Cowboys-Playbook-43

I can also second FutureVoid's recommendation on Kirwan's book.

Ohh this is nice. LJ once gave me a link to the Pats playbook from a few years back, and I have been trying to understand that. Pats offense is no joke now. Really complicated system.

Oh I didn't remember that.

Philly is going to go crazy. Man imagine if they could have drafted Wilson instead of Foles.

I think about this nonstop every single day. :(
Missing out on Wilson for Foles is the worst miss the Eagles have ever had in the draft. Foles will be out of the league in a few years and Wilson will be a superstar.

Talon

I think about this nonstop every single day. :(
Missing out on Wilson for Foles is the worst miss the Eagles have ever had in the draft. Foles will be out of the league in a few years and Wilson will be a superstar.
Well, at least there's a tiny bit of solace in the fact that Foles was drafted after Willy.

Top Bottom