• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

wtf kave/wes/blackghost stop making alts to make the browns-age seem bigger

:p Browns have a huge fanbase. They've just been dormant since we've been garbage forever, Ravens should have been the true expansion team.

New coach, new hope, blah blah, whatever.

Anyway, I've also heard Mel Tucker on our short list too. Wasn't he already here and nothing to write home about?

Where's my fellow Browns fans at? What are your opinions on Raheem Morris as DC? I had heard Pagano, but I don't know if he's going to be let out of his contract.
Browns age is growing! But I don't hate Morris, also he's just interveiwng. So it's not set in stone yet that he's our guy.
Who ever we get I'll probably be Alright with though, just happy we have a guy I like in Chud.

Browns age is growing! But I don't hate Morris, also he's just interveiwng. So it's not set in stone yet that he's our guy.
Who ever we get I'll probably be Alright with though, just happy we have a guy I like in Chud.

I was reading the thread when he got hired and love the image in your avatar xD

Anyway, isn't Morris a 4-3 guy? Honestly, I'd rather not go through years trying to acquire personnel for the 3-4 again. As it stands now we don't even have enough good linebackers for our 4-3.

Miguel

So I messaged Wellie earlier "WTF I feel like Deadspin is trolling the shit out of everyone with this" as I was reading the story.

Then I got to reading the involvement of a young Tuiasosopo and just lost it. I don't know why. I had to step out of my office to laugh out in the hallway for a little bit.

Then it got worse.

At least Kubiak believes in Lennay.

squicken

If you believe the catfish thing, then you believe that someone, for months if not years, sat on the phone for hours on end pretending to be his girlfriend. And then faking cancer and talking 8 hours a night. It's so crazy. I can't recall something just out of nowhere that dominated everything like this story. Outside of tragedies and the like, of course

No one will read playoff previews, or recruiting roundups, or coaching vacancy stories. This thing is the scab that every journo is going to pick at for hits and ratings

And ESPN knew about this before the Bama game, and they have some pretty important personalities that like to talk about and engage in gambling.

You are already Browns.

You are already Me on WiiU
Lol, yeah you phony Coldplay I thought that was the real Jakncoke at first
I was reading the thread when he got hired and love the image in your avatar xD

Anyway, isn't Morris a 4-3 guy? Honestly, I'd rather not go through years trying to acquire personnel for the 3-4 again. As it stands now we don't even have enough good linebackers for our 4-3.
Everyone is really getting their pants in a bunch over the 3-4 comments, but the original comments were that we would try and run a hybrid 4-3/3-4 which I'm totally fine with. No matter what scheme well need better linebackers though. I just want to let everything play out before I make any judgements though, not just regarding the defense but Banner and everything else as well.

Miguel

Dan Wetzel said:
Tight end John Goodman said he had the "ultimate respect" for Te'o.
KQo6u.jpg

Everyone is really getting their pants in a bunch over the 3-4 comments, but the original comments were that we would try and run a hybrid 4-3/3-4 which I'm totally fine with. No matter what scheme well need better linebackers though. I just want to let everything play out before I make any judgements though, not just regarding the defense but Banner and everything else as well.

True that. I trust Chud to make the right hires. Love his offense, especially with Norv on board.

It's just the weasily looking Smigel looking Banner guy I don't trust. ;)

I have said this before..

Since 2006 the divisions that played the NFC east has sent a team to the SB, this year that streak is still alive, NFC east played the AFC North and NFC South..

Could end Sunday...

bluemax

Banned
Do you think Te'o will force the team that drafts him to sign his shitty best friend like he forced ND to give his friend a scholarship? Or has he lost all his leverage due to the fake gf thing?

Wrayfield

Just wanted to leave this here, hope it makes you chuckle a bit. Looking forward to another Sunday of football (and a sleepless night followed by a brutal Monday at work, but fuck that, it's worth it).

Do you think Te'o will force the team that drafts him to sign his shitty best friend like he forced ND to give his friend a scholarship? Or has he lost all his leverage due to the fake gf thing?

I don't know but I want to see how they are going to haze him. Oh man it can be bad...

verbum

There are numerous reports out there, all citing sources, that Grantham is a candidate for the defensive coordinators’ job with the Eagles under just-named-head-coach Chip Kelly. Grantham’s not the only candidate, as I understand it, but Pro Football Talk is reporting that Grantham “has been targeted” as Kelly’s DC.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/uga-sports/2013/jan/16/todd-granthams-name-surfaces-candidate-run-eagles-/

It said the Florida DC was being interviewed as well. Eagles will be a brand new team.

SonnyBoy

Where's my fellow Browns fans at? What are your opinions on Raheem Morris as DC? I had heard Pagano, but I don't know if he's going to be let out of his contract.

I think he had a lot to do with our playoff run/win streak. We lost both starting safteys, one before the season and the other played in exactly 3/4 of a game. We also lost arguably our pass rusher and for weeks the defense struggled giving up the big play. After the bye week, somehow Morris and Haslett figured it out. He's been great since he got here and the players like him.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Former Seahawks DC Gus Bradley has accepted the head coaching job with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Schotty stays in STL. Yea!?

squicken

Weird hire. Gonna be tough to find an offensive staff that wants to work with Gabbert, and if they get anything out of him, the OC will be an instant HC candidate.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/uga-sports/2013/jan/16/todd-granthams-name-surfaces-candidate-run-eagles-/

It said the Florida DC was being interviewed as well. Eagles will be a brand new team.

That is such bad news. First I wanted Chip to get a staff with NFL experience, and 2nd they need to stick with the 4-3. The strength of their defense the last few years has been the DL and none of those guys would work in a 3-4. No way could Graham or Cole be 3-4 DE's and I doubt either guy would work as OLBs. Jenkins wouldnt work at end of nose. I guess Cox could be a 3-4 end but his best attribute is his agility and quickness for his size and he would lose lot of that playing end.

An Oregon beat reporter said that he ha spoken to people close to Chip and that the Eagles didnt change their offer at all. It is the exact same offer they made to him weeks ago. So it sounds like he didnt get the power he wanted which is great to hear.

squicken

An Oregon beat reporter said that he ha spoken to people close to Chip and that the Eagles didnt change their offer at all. It is the exact same offer they made to him weeks ago. So it sounds like he didnt get the power he wanted which is great to hear.

There's just so many possibilities.

-He got what he wanted but doesn't want Lurie and Roseman to look bad. Plus, coaches need deniability when cutting players or doing contract stuff with players

-They agreed to all this long ago and he was just doing Oregon a favor by waiting and getting the juniors and commits to stay

Jimmy Johnson let it out that Trestman had agreed to bears gig a week ago, yet they kept interviewing all these candidates. Was Emery just doing that to get intel on other teams? Doing agents a favor?

There's just so many possibilities.

-He got what he wanted but doesn't want Lurie and Roseman to look bad. Plus, coaches need deniability when cutting players or doing contract stuff with players

-They agreed to all this long ago and he was just doing Oregon a favor by waiting and getting the juniors and commits to stay

Jimmy Johnson let it out that Trestman had agreed to bears gig a week ago, yet they kept interviewing all these candidates. Was Emery just doing that to get intel on other teams? Doing agents a favor?

I heard someone mention him just sticking around at Oregon to make sure all the juniors came back, but if so that is really fucked to do to Gus. Supposedly they were discussing contract details at the 2nd interview when Chip called Howie and told him he would take the job. Seems really cold blooded to make Gus fly across the country for a 2nd interview if you already had a deal in place with Chip. I think Occam's Razor applies in this case, Chip really is wishy washy and once he realized that the Eagles were going to sign someone else he changed his mind.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So I messaged Wellie earlier "WTF I feel like Deadspin is trolling the shit out of everyone with this" as I was reading the story.

Then I got to reading the involvement of a young Tuiasosopo and just lost it. I don't know why. I had to step out of my office to laugh out in the hallway for a little bit.

Then it got worse.

At least Kubiak believes in Lennay.

I couldn't stop laughing when you said you hadn't even read that part.

This is better than WWE.

I'll take Gus I guess. What to do about Gabbert now..

Just leave him on the team and let him develop and compete. If he turns out then great. Let him loose if he doesn't do anything by the end of his rookie contract. I'd rather he turn out for the better. We'll see who the jags hire for the offensive side of the ball.

So has La Confora apologized to Howie yet for that insane article about how the Eagles cant find a coach since no one wants to work with Howie? Les Bowen and Reuben Frank on DNL said that they believed that article was sour grapes (paraphrasing) for La Confora, because Howie wouldn't confirm the meeting with Billick to him, but did confirm it to Frank. If what Les and Ruben said was true then La Confora really comes off as a sad little person.

cajunator

Banned
So has La Confora apologized to Howie yet for that insane article about how the Eagles cant find a coach since no one wants to work with Howie? Les Bowen and Reuben Frank on DNL said that they believed that article was sour grapes (paraphrasing) for La Confora, because Howie wouldn't confirm the meeting with Billick to him, but did confirm it to Frank. If what Les and Ruben said was true then La Confora really comes off as a sad little person.

This is why I dont accept news 100% until NFL.com reports it.

Dre3001

Kinda weird that the local news station here said Gus would be next coach of Jags last night and now ESPN and other outlets dont break news until this morning

With that said all aboard the Gus Bus

I wonder if Jags will try and trade something for Matt Flynn to be QB next year

squicken

Of all these guys he is by far the worst. Not sure he has ever broke a story. Seems to just sort of read the tea leaves and call it a source

Edit: AZ definitely needs to hire Bevell. Good work with a young QB, plus they weaken a division rival

Top Bottom