• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

yankeehater said:
LOL if he thinks he can just wait for this to blow over. At some point he is going to have to answer questions that cant be answered
Even if he does the interview do you really think he'll give any definitive answers, anyway? It'll be the usual shit with him eventually breaking down crying so people can feel sorry for him and he can "rehabilitate" his image. I'm sure his PR people have been crafting a plan since this broke.

eznark

Banned
In a week there will be an outcry over the amount of "bullying" directed at T'eo. He'll come out of this a victim and a hero.

Nightz

LOL at the Teoing website.

tumblr_mgrgvlRBOx1s3b9u6o1_500.jpg

Even if he does the interview do you really think he'll give any definitive answers, anyway? It'll be the usual shit with him eventually breaking down crying so people can feel sorry for him and he can "rehabilitate" his image. I'm sure his PR people have been crafting a plan since this broke.

Oh I have no doubt you are right about a sit down with someone from ESPN, but that is just the start of things. At the combine, or somewhere before that, he will be in a room with a bunch of reporters each trying to be the one to get him to break. That is what I am waiting for. No amount or PR or crying is going to stop this from eventually blowing up in his face. You cant lie to the whole country for months and try to get sympathy over a dead gf and not have it end terribly. I would think for him it would just be better to get the worst part over and try to put some distance between this and the draft.

Nori Chan said:
Manti is coming out of the closet.

Let him save face guys
The irony is that if he is gay, him coming out would likely be the thing that turns people to his side and makes him the victim and hero. Play up the victim angle and spin it into a national story about the standing homophobia that exists in sports. Even if its proven Te'o was involved in the hoax, he would be the brave and scared soul that created a girlfriend to hide his homosexuality.

To be clear, I'm not making light of the very real issues that exist in sports towards homosexuality either. If he is gay, I don't care and he should be free and unafraid to say so. I'm just playing devil's advocate for his PR firm.;)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
LOL if he thinks he can just wait for this to blow over. At some point he is going to have to answer questions that cant be answered, like who did he talk to for several hours every night, who did he visit in Hawaii, why did he lie to his family and friends about meeting her irl and them being in love. If he waits to the combine I feel it will be even worse then it is now, and it is really bad now.

Te'o shouldn't say a word. Let the internet stew for a month. Then right before the combine, he should hold a press conference and just fucking troll everybody. "Yeah, I made it up. So what?"

Oh, and he should come out to that press conference down a zip line, Shawn Michaels style.

Te'o shouldn't say a word. Let the internet stew for a month. Then right before the combine, he should hold a press conference and just fucking troll everybody. "Yeah, I made it up. So what?"

Oh, and he should come out to that press conference down a zip line, Shawn Michaels style.

My god that would be an amazing press conference. If Teo is telling the truth and his friend put some girl up to this can the friend get in trouble at all? I it seems like fraud, but since they didnt get any money from him I am not sure if it is against the law.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No, Teo killed her in a fit of rage and ND covered up her ever existing.

That'd make a great movie.

The irony is that if he is gay, him coming out would likely be the thing that turns people to his side and makes him the victim and hero. Play up the victim angle and spin it into a national story about the standing homophobia that exists in sports. Even if its proven Te'o was involved in the hoax, he would be the brave and scared soul that created a girlfriend to hide his homosexuality.

To be clear, I'm not making light of the very real issues that exist in sports towards homosexuality either. If he is gay, I don't care and he should be free and unafraid to say so. I'm just playing devil's advocate for his PR firm.;)

Yeah being gay is his only out here. He's screwed otherwise.

Draxal

So for the Giants, i really don't see a name that I want to draft (I want Warmack desperately but he'll be gone by the time they draft him). I'd honestly pull a Belicheck and stock as many draft picks as possible for next year and kinda tank as well next year and go for Clowney. JPP and Clowney would be god awful scarey.

So for the Giants, i really don't see a name that I want to draft (I want Warmack desperately but he'll be gone by the time they draft him). I'd honestly pull a Belicheck and stock as many draft picks as possible for next year and kinda tank as well next year and go for Clowney. JPP and Clowney would be god awful scarey.

You think the Giats should tank for a top pick next year? LOL!!!!!

You'd rather tank than stock up future draft picks this year and then trade up next year?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Eli Manning is 32, you can't tank.

cajunator

Banned

This post isnt real. I refuse to believe its real.

effzee

Hearing how at Oregon, Chip had no say on the defense. Never even sat in on defensive meetings.

Our defense needs a world of help. Scares me. I love hate the hire. Really wonder who would have been better here between him and Gus.

They should bring in Hot Rod or Horton to run the D top to bottom.

Amazing, no? 1 season removed from a Super Bowl win.

I seriously cant wrap my brain around it. They are an older team that missed the playoffs by 1 game. Jesus maybe just try and restock in the offseason and see how it goes next year. As an Eagles fan I hope the Giants tank next year. Hell I hope they tank the next 3 years and really stockpile picks.

yankeehater said:
I seriously cant wrap my brain around it. They are an older team that missed the playoffs by 1 game.
They aren't even that old. Last I checked we were middle/top half of the league in terms of youth. Eli has a good 5 years left and our offense is full of youth. The defense has plenty as well along with some grizzled veterans that some decisions need to be made on.

Restock on defense and the pieces are there for the playoffs and more. We're nowhere near the point where things need to blown up.

Bowser

Apparently Jackson, Shurmer and Shula are the finalists for the Panthers OC job, no more interviews.

Please god be Jackson, the other two would make me barf.

They aren't even that old. Last I checked we were middle/top half of the league in terms of youth. Our offense is full of youth. The defense has plenty as well along with some grizzled veterans that some decisions need to be made on.

Restock on defense and the pieces are there for the playoffs and more. We're nowhere near the point where things need to blown up.

BUT CLOWNEY MADE SOMEONE EXPLODE TANK TANK TANK

jakncoke

Banned

Tank? Thats crazy talk from a team that won 2 sbs. Losers tank not teams that make playoffs

Bowser said:
BUT CLOWNEY MADE SOMEONE EXPLODE TANK TANK TANK
Heh. I'd love Clowney and I don't disagree with the notion that a JPP/Clowney combo would be insane but the chances that Jerry Reese gives away the number of picks it would take to move up to grab Clowney in the draft are slim to none. Outside of the Manning trade (which was done under Acorsi) the only trading up he's done has been into the 3rd round IIRC. He values those picks far too much.

Hearing how at Oregon, Chip had no say on the defense. Never even sat in on defensive meetings.

Our defense needs a world of help. Scares me. I love hate the hire. Really wonder who would have been better here between him and Gus.

They should bring in Hot Rod or Horton to run the D top to bottom.

Yeah I am most worried about the D as well. I would be ecstatic if they could get Horton to be DC. Maybe he will want out from the Cards after being passed over.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm listening to the Marc Trestmann press conference. Why am I feeling nervous as a Detroit Lions fan? Emery has been way too real and thorough through this process. I'm used to McCaskey fuckups, Jerry Angelo fuckups. All this shit seems gone now

We have Martin Mayhew's goofy ass up in Detroit talking about "Our philosophy will be the same. We'll look for the best player available. We won't change our beliefs about that." - Martin Mayhew

Shit is fucked up and I don't like it one bit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm listening to the Marc Trestmann press conference. Why am I feeling nervous as a Detroit Lions fan? Emery has been way too real and thorough through this process. I'm used to McCaskey fuckups, Jerry Angelo fuckups. All this shit seems gone now

We have Martin Mayhew's goofy ass up in Detroit talking about "Our philosophy will be the same. We'll look for the best player available. We won't change our beliefs about that." - Martin Mayhew

Shit is fucked up and I don't like it one bit.

You've been listening to Bob's propaganda too much.

Jay Cutler isn't winning anything.

Oh crap, you cannot make this stuff up. There are not enough :jnc's in the world!

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – OK, now it’s really getting weird.

On the same night the story of Manti Te’o's girlfriend and her death last year from Leukemia was revealed as a hoax, an NFL player insisted “No, she is real.”

Um — what?

Reagan Mauia, who played in two games for the Arizona Cardinals last season, said he met Lennay Kekua in person during an outreach trip with Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers and others in June 2011.

“This was before her and Manti,” Mauia said Wednesday, according to ESPN. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was — I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa.”

Deadspin.com rocked the sports world when it published a report at 4:10 p.m., saying there was no evidence Kekua ever existed.

Te’o later said in a statement that he was the “victim” of “someone’s sick joke and constant lies.” Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick called a news conference Wednesday night, aligning himself and the university behind Te’o.

Swarbrick said investigators hired by Notre Dame “were able to discover online chatter among the perpetrators that was certainly the ultimate proof of this, the joy they were taking.”

In the middle of the whole saga was Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, whose friends and relatives told Deadspin they believe he was behind the Kekua character. Deadspin said Te’o may have been in on it, pointing to some sort of acquaintance between Tuiasosopo and the Fighting Irish linebacker.

Mauia said he was introduced to Kekua by Tuiasosopo, and thought Kekua’s mother was operating her Twitter account — a key cog in Deadspin’s report.

“She was tall,” Mauia said. “Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model.”

Te’o’s story hit the national stage after an emotional upset over Michigan State in Sept., following the deaths of his grandmother and girlfriend. Kekua’s passing after a battle with leukemia — now apparently fiction — was widely reported.

The Heisman Trophy runner-up was projected by many to be a first-round pick in this year’s NFL draft.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01...ays-he-met-manti-teos-girlfriend-she-is-real/

HAHAHAHAHA

effzee

Yeah I am most worried about the D as well. I would be ecstatic if they could get Horton to be DC. Maybe he will want out from the Cards after being passed over.

Yeah its early and so many things have to be answered but just from a roster point of view, the needs are largely on the defensive side.

All of that can be made better by making a real good hire to run the D. I don't mind if my HC doesn't participate on the defensive side since it was Reid's meddling that fucked that up to begin with. But it has to be a great hire who knows what he wants and how to run his defense.

Give Horton a HC's salary and complete control over the defense. I wonder what happens to Todd Bowles now. Before joining the Eagles his stock was actually decent. I wonder if anyone even wants him now.

Also on the QB out of the possible options of playing Vick, Foles, or drafting someone this season I would be perfectly fine with starting Vick in year 1 on a restructured contract and depending on that works out, drafting next draft from a better pool.

Bowser

Shula! Shula! Shula!

He'd be an infinitely better choice than Shurmer though. I don't even understand how Shurmer is in consideration. The dude has run a WCO scheme his whole career, he'd have to scrap it to fit the Panthers offense. It's insane.

Hue turned down an interview request for the Jets OC job and unless Gruden goes to Zona he's not gonna have a shot at the Cincy OC job, so it's not he's got much else in terms of options besides staying as the Bengals DB coach or becoming the Panthers OC if they want him. He's the only name that makes sense too, considering his offensive philosophy and the Panthers talent on offense.

Top Bottom