• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Draxal

We're not the Cowboys. We aren't 20 million over the cap. We're one David Diehl contract termination from being under and we have a group of veterans that are overpaid for their production that will either be asked to take a pay cut, get their contracts reworked or shown the door.

Reese will pay what he thinks is fair market value for the FA's he wants to keep and if some other team is willing to overpay, they will walk. We move on.

Tanking is a fantasy and hardly a solution.

Getting Clowney is a fantasy, I'll fully admit it.

Giant's are 14 million over the cap right now with a couple of key players as ufa right now (Phillips/Bennett/Osi), with a ton of restructured deals last year, which means they won't be able to restructure the key players this year (most importantly Manning whose restructure saved a ton last year).

They're probably going to have let Phillips/Osi walk, and try to resign Bennett (although I feel fans are higher on him than the team is). They will also to have sign another tackle off the scrap heap, and pray that Brewer is up for the task.

I'm sorry for being pessimistic about the team's window, when the team's supposed strength (the d-line) was proven to be pretty weak this year, with no expectation that it will recover next year.

edit. It seems I was off about how much over the Giant's were over the cap (I'm now reading 4 instead of 14), but it does appear that the Giant's do have a ton more free agents on the roster than I expected including Beatty/Boothe, and for some reason I thought Cruz's contract was up next year not this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm good with it. Hopefully this staff gets more than two years before the next wholesale turnover in the organization.

They should be given ample time to succeed (or fail). Unlike in the past this was all made up by a new regime, this is their people going forward. They'll be given at least 5 years before they really decide to blow anything up.

Man this is nuts. This is how Teo is going to try to get out of this. He will say that these 2 are nuts and they faked the whole thing. The good thing is it will be really easy for him to prove that he was hoaxed. He said he talked to his gf every night, sometimes for several hours. So if he releases his phone records and the calls are there then he must be innocent, since who would fake that many hours of calls over several months.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Man this is nuts. This is how Teo is going to try to get out of this. He will say that these 2 are nuts and they faked the whole thing. The good thing is it will be really easy for him to prove that he was hoaxed. He said he talked to his gf every night, sometimes for several hours. So if he releases his phone records and the calls are there then he must be innocent, since who would fake that many hours of calls over several months.

Who would fake having a girlfriend and then kill her off?

Miguel

In a week there will be an outcry over the amount of "bullying" directed at T'eo. He'll come out of this a victim and a hero.

063U0.jpg

Did someone say Hero?

Draxal

Um, no we're not. Cap numbers per the division were just reported by ESPN last week or so. We're 4.7 million over the cap.

I edited the previous post, with that in mind.

I'm just curious in how you think the defense will improve with Phillips/Osi (he didn't play nearly as bad as people think he did) gone, and Blackburn/Tuck/Webster another year older/gimpier.

ari

Banned
This would absolutely positively be fucking atrocious if he actually come out of the closet, come to think about it. This simply won't end well. He dug himself too deep with dragging Norte Dame in this and sold the hoax to the media, just no way out now.

Wow.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've been lurking and staying quiet since the loss, I have no dog from these 4 teams

Right now it really is meaningless to me who wins

I just came in here just to LOL @ Kave

So Chip Kelly Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach, nice ring to it, he made a good career and life choice not going with the Brownies

They should be given ample time to succeed (or fail). Unlike in the past this was all made up by a new regime, this is their people going forward. They'll be given at least 5 years before they really decide to blow anything up.

I certainly hope this is the case. It's hard to keep up with all the changes that have been made since '99, on and off the field. Including starting QB's.

I'm sure it's been posted here before, but this one of my favorite recent images:

It's mostly a college thing as it was a great sob story for Heisman votes.

It really is nuts to me that this was all for Heisman votes. The TMZ article that I linked said that serval of his teammates believe he made this up to help his Heisman chances. It is beyond insane that he would put this whole crazy plan into action before the season even started just to win an award. He is like a super villain, just dumber.

It really is nuts to me that this was all for Heisman votes. The TMZ article that I linked said that serval of his teammates believe he made this up to help his Heisman chances. It is beyond insane that he would put this whole crazy plan into action before the season even started just to win an award. He is like a super villain, just dumber.

This whole thing is just one surreal mess. Dumb doesn't even begin to describe him.

Draxal

It's mostly a college thing as it was a great sob story for Heisman votes.

It's also a college thing in that he played for Notre Dame the school infamous for covering up rapists and toppling over scissor lifts and being the only school that people would root for Alabama over in the title game. It's almost enough to make jnc forget about sandusky fucking over PSU.

I think he could still go fairly high in the draft.Hell there are players in the league who've actually killed people and worse that still play.

Oh I agree that people in the NFL have done worse then lie, but I would be very concerned about drafting him high. Teams pass on guys all the time if they re worried about their character or mental makeup. This guy is clearly suffering some form of mental problem. Who knows how he will handle things as a pro and what crazy shit he will get himself involved in.

Ryan Leaf sent to prison after threatening drug treatment staffer

Ryan Leaf’s life has taken another sad turn, as he was kicked out of his residential drug treatment program and sent to prison.

The Great Falls Tribune reports that Leaf, who was sent to treatment after twice getting caught stealing prescription painkillers, has been moved from a treatment center to the Montana State Prison in Deer Lodge.

“The Montana Department of Corrections terminated Leaf from the treatment program and placed him in prison after he was found guilty of behavior that violated conditions of his drug treatment placement,” a Montana probation and parole administrator said in a statement. “The violations included threatening a program staff member.”

Leaf got a seven-year sentence for drug and burglary charges in June, but if he was able to successfully complete drug treatment he was expected to serve only about 15 months. It is unclear how much prison time Leaf will now have to serve in Montana. Leaf was previously given a 10-year suspended sentence in Texas in 2010, and he may have to serve some or all of that sentence after completing his time in Montana.

In other words, the No. 2 overall pick in the 1998 NFL draft may be in prison for many years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/17/ryan-leaf-sent-to-prison-after-threatening-drug-treatment-staffer/

Top Bottom