• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Vio-Lence

Banned
Trestman confirmed in the press conference that Marinelli has asked to move on. So Bears are looking for a new defensive coordinator.

Bowser

3gvs5.jpg

Yeah its early and so many things have to be answered but just from a roster point of view, the needs are largely on the defensive side.

All of that can be made better by making a real good hire to run the D. I don't mind if my HC doesn't participate on the defensive side since it was Reid's meddling that fucked that up to begin with. But it has to be a great hire who knows what he wants and how to run his defense.

Give Horton a HC's salary and complete control over the defense. I wonder what happens to Todd Bowles now. Before joining the Eagles his stock was actually decent. I wonder if anyone even wants him now.

Also on the QB out of the possible options of playing Vick, Foles, or drafting someone this season I would be perfectly fine with starting Vick in year 1 on a restructured contract and depending on that works out, drafting next draft from a better pool.
As much as I want to be rid of Vick he really is the best option of the guys on the team. Maybe they can find a guy on another team, like possibly small hands, but if not lets see what Chip can do with Vick and draft a QB to win with either this year or next year. I wonder if KC would trade for Foles, supposedly Reid loves him. I would be very happy with a 4th for him.

I would love to sit in on some of their pre-draft interviews with him.

After hearing the shit some GMs asked Dez I cant even imagine Teo going through that. He is going to get destroyed by GMs.

Browns officially named Norv Turner as the OC.

Browns I think are the big winners so far.

I kinda wonder if Kelly is gonna be a bust. Seems erratic and unpredictable, kinda reminds me of Spurrier coming out of Florida. Not sure it's gonna translate to success in the NFL.

Talon

I kinda wonder if Kelly is gonna be a bust. Seems erratic and unpredictable, kinda reminds me of Spurrier coming out of Florida. Not sure it's gonna translate to success in the NFL.
...based on what exactly?

Exclusively on surprisingly jumping to Philadelphia? Spurrier and Kelly have nothing in common at all in terms of personalities.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Maybe Lovie Smith is available to coach the defense for the Bears lol. Doubt he ever finds a HC gig in the league again.

Word is Jon Hoke the Bears secondary coach is the leading candidate for the Defensive Coordinator position.

Bowser

Sure, but I think that he will want to make his own mark as well. Obviously won't get radical change, but hopefully some subtle changes, and/or more aggressive playcalling.

So cute to see how hopeful you are after two years of Foxball. I had the pleasure of 9 seasons of Foxball. Don't expect any changes.

Sure, but I think that he will want to make his own mark as well. Obviously won't get radical change, but hopefully some subtle changes, and/or more aggressive playcalling.

Broncos definitely need to get more aggressive with the playcalling. That game against the Ravens it felt like every 1st down in the 2nd half was a fucking run. Impossible to be successful if you are predictable.

Draxal

They aren't even that old. Last I checked we were middle/top half of the league in terms of youth. Eli has a good 5 years left and our offense is full of youth. The defense has plenty as well along with some grizzled veterans that some decisions need to be made on.

Restock on defense and the pieces are there for the playoffs and more. We're nowhere near the point where things need to blown up.

The problem is the cap, we need alot of pieces right now as some are going to be cap hits, and I just expect our d to get worse next year, with the defections in free agency on the D line/Webster getting another year older.

While our offense is young they are pretty much all on their rookie deals with some of them having big contracts up coming up (Cruz/Nicks/JPP even Linval Joseph).

I'm not advocating a true blow up, but having another down year is actually kinda likely due to our cap problems and weakened D line. Clowney is legitimately that good, everything from his high school to college performance means he's a once in every 5 year type of blue chip player. I wouldn't advocate it if I didn't think he was that great.

Bowser

So cute to see how hopeful you are after two years of Foxball. I had the pleasure of 9 seasons of Foxball. Don't expect any changes.

To qualify, I don't think Fox was always so conservative. I think being aggressive and chasing the points in the SB during that '03 season really spooked him though.

Sanjuro

They asked him a while ago on CSN in Philly if he ever thought about changing his name and he said no. You are right thought he must get shit for it non stop.

His father and his Wikipedia entries both have mentions saying they aren't related to Jerry. Introducing him to the radio, "Here is Gerry with a "G" Sandusky."

I'm sure they have printed t-shirts as well.

Godslay

Banned

After last week's shenanigans, Fox better be more aggressive. Both he and Manning's time is short.

Broncos definitely need to get more aggressive with the playcalling. That game against the Ravens it felt like every 1st down in the 2nd half was a fucking run. Impossible to be successful if you are predictable.

Sure. Ravens did play tight man to man coverage, with two safeties deep, so it limited some of what they could do. Even so, Manning, Fox, and McCoy should have had more confidence in what they could do quickly. Too late now, but going forward it would be nice to stomp on the gas pedal and not look back in terms of getting the offense rolling.

Draxal said:
The problem is the cap, we need alot of pieces right now as some are going to be cap hits.

While our offense is young they are pretty much all on their rookie deals with some of them having big contracts up coming up (Cruz/Nicks/JPP).
We're not the Cowboys. We aren't 20 million over the cap. We're one David Diehl contract termination from being under and we have a group of veterans that are overpaid for their production that will either be asked to take a pay cut, get their contracts reworked or shown the door (hell we can clear nearly 30 million in cap space by terminating 3-4 contracts).

Reese will pay what he thinks is fair market value for the FA's he wants to keep and if some other team is willing to overpay, they will walk. We move on.

Tanking is a fantasy and hardly a solution. We need "a lot" of pieces according to you but tanking or giving away a drafts worth of picks for one defensive player is the big plan?

RBH

Mumbles Menino does it again.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...orks-name-while-wearing-vince-wilfork-jersey/

Vince Wilcock

Gonk

Wes Wekler

Varitek splitting the uprights

Martha Luther King Jr.

"We have Tom Brady here, we have Tom Brady here, we have Tom Brady here. He's been our point person all season long," Menino said. "And Stevan Ridley, he's been another great guy. And Wilcock."

Menino, who was holding notes during the conversation, was obviously referring to Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork. Menino also was wearing Wilfork's No. 75 jersey at the time. A reporter quickly corrected his mistake, but it wouldn't be his last.

"We have it all. (Aaron) Hernandez is going to do a great job. He'll step in for Gonk because Gonk's hurt," the mayor said, again while glancing at his notes.

omg

ari

Banned

John candy?

I feel bad for te'o...I really think this dude have some issues. He is a good looking guy and he could easily get some tail being a star athlete and such so that is confusing. I wouldn't be surprise if he just give it up and say that he is gay. But saying that she died was fucking retarded though so he still fucking lose. This is just fucked for him.

Top Bottom