• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Ya, I read that thread, and the commentary from Pat from Inside Football, and I found it really interesting that TT is basically 4 million on the cap itself. Totally forgot about him.
Yeah and you and I both know there's no way in hell the Giants are picking up that option. He'll be cut and brought back in on a vet minimum deal if he returns at all. The Giants have plenty of ways to clear cap space moving forward but as we've discussed in the past - this is going to be a different looking team in 2013 in many ways.

Chris Snee on the Pro-Bowl and his view of it:

"My experience was my second time, practice was going on 25 minutes long and (Donovan) McNabb looked at (NFC coach) Wade Phillips and said, ‘How much of this do we have left?’” Snee told Giants.com. "He said, ‘Oh, we’re about halfway,' and Donovan was like, ‘No, we’re done now.’ He called it up and Wade Phillips is looking at the script saying, ‘We’re not done here.’ We called it up. We got on the bus. We got out of there. That’s what practice is. It’s all just basic terminology, basic football 101.

As for the game itself, Snee said "It’s just like any other all-star game you watch. I know a big deal is being made of it, but I don’t see a lot of defense going on in the NBA All-Star game or the NHL All-Star game. Why it’s such a big deal? We’re going to go out there to enjoy ourselves and it’s an experience that you should enjoy. No one wants to get hurt in that game. If that’s not good enough, they can find something else to do. It’s a trip that’s a reward and guys look at it that way.”

That first paragraph cracked me up. Poor Wade.:jnc

Bowser

Why couldn't Thomas stay on the field?

Mini Thomas Davis situation. Tore the same ACL two years in a row IIRC.

TD came back and played nearly a full season this year (and that was after three consecutive ACL tears in 30 months in the same knee). Missed only the Giants game and end up starting 12 of the 15 games he played in.

Why couldn't Thomas stay on the field?
Third ACL tear on the same knee.:( (two in two years in the pros and the other in college)

He's working on making yet another return. Jerry Reese has mentioned bringing him back to play safety instead of corner. If he comes back at all after those injuries.

TheFatOne

Was listening to sports talk radio, and a guy brought up a good point about Gronk. Mainly that he has had a serious injury in every year he has been with the Pats, and he also had a serious back injury in college. I think because of the position he plays, and how he plays the game Gronk will not have a long career in the NFL. It would be a real shame if Gronk turns out to be one of those great players who could not stay healthy.

Summer of Gronk II incoming.

Yesssss

The back injury kept him out in his final year in college.

He would have been drafted in the top 10 hadn't be had that injury. The injury did help him get drafted by the Pats and his second contract compensated for getting picked later. The moment he was jumping on stage with that helmet on and his entire family jumping around him like a bunch of mad men, I knew it was gonna be awesome.

Third ACL tear on the same knee.:( (two in two years in the pros and the other in college)

He's working on making yet another return. Jerry Reese has mentioned bringing him back to play safety instead of corner. If he comes back at all after those injuries.

Ah.

Steelers need depth at safety, but not so bad that they'd gamble on an oft injured former corner.

Ah.

Steelers need depth at safety, but not so bad that they'd gamble on an oft injured former corner.
Yeah, doubt any team puts in for him if the Giants cut him. He recently posted on his site that he's working to make a comeback with the Giants after his "contract is up". Technically it isn't up as the Giants have an option to keep him for 6 million. Not happening with that injury as mentioned. If he shows signs of health, they'll sign him cheap and see what he has left.

It sucks. A healthy T2/Prince combo on the outside would have been really damned nice.:(

Sanjuro

Was listening to sports talk radio, and a guy brought up a good point about Gronk. Mainly that he has had a serious injury in every year he has been with the Pats, and he also had a serious back injury in college. I think because of the position he plays, and how he plays the game Gronk will not have a long career in the NFL. It would be a real shame if Gronk turns out to be one of those great players who could not stay healthy.

Not buying it. This is the first season Gronk missed some time. Hernandez is the more injury prone one.

What was the injury in his first year? Can't really remember. Plus last year he just got destroyed by that fucking scumbag Pollard, unfortunatelly that happens to more people...

He seemed to be doing fine when the hip/back injury seemed to go away, lets hope with a long off season he can get healthy. You do have a point, Gronk jumps over people, drags them across the field and carries them on his back for most of the game, not the best way to stay healthy, but he's also a big boy who seems to take care of his body. He probably won't have a Gonzalez like career where he can play like that for 15 years, but still.

Bowser

Yeah, doubt any team puts in for him if the Giants cut him. He recently posted on his site that he's working to make a comeback with the Giants after his "contract is up". Technically it isn't up as the Giants have an option to keep him for 6 million. Not happening with that injury as mentioned. If he shows signs of health, they'll sign him cheap and see what he has left.

It sucks. A healthy T2/Prince combo on the outside would have been really damned nice.:(

Like I said, it is possible to come back from it. Look at Thomas Davis' stat line this season:

15 games played (12 starts), 105 combined tackles (70 solo), 3 passes defensed, 1 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR

TheFatOne

What was the injury in his first year? Can't really remember. Plus last year he just got destroyed by that fucking scumbag Pollard, unfortunatelly that happens to more people...

He seemed to be doing fine when the hip/back injury seemed to go away, lets hope with a long off season he can get healthy. You do have a point, Gronk jumps over people, drags them across the field and carries them on his back for most of the game, not the best way to stay healthy, but he's also a big boy who seems to take care of his body. He probably won't have a Gonzalez like career where he can play like that for 15 years, but still.
My bad rookie season he was fine. I don't know it's just worrying to me, but I might be worried for no reason. Plenty of players start out with a few injuries, and then they are fine most of their career.
Not buying it. This is the first season Gronk missed some time. Hernandez is the more injury prone one.

I'm not sure. The way he plays it just seems like he will be injury prone. Of the two Hernandez is probably the more injury prone player so you are probably right.

Like I said, it is possible to come back from it. Look at Thomas Davis' stat line this season:

15 games played (12 starts), 105 combined tackles (70 solo), 3 passes defensed, 1 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR
Trust me, I'd love nothing more for him to do so.

Jets Update:

@AdamSchefter: Seattle exec John Idzik has emerged as clear frontrunner to become Jets' new GM and could be offered the job tonight.

Tom Penny

Gonk is too young for the injury prone label. He's like 24. Look at the water that Suggs and Ray Lewis have been drinking. It's crazy what they can do now.

squicken

five ring circus (AUSTIN)
Who do you think has a higher celiing, Kaep or Wilson?

Mike Sando(1:39 PM)
I would tend to say Kaepernick based on his physical stature. But I think Wilson is going to get 100 percent of his potential. So, is 100 percent of Wilson greater than whatever percent Kaepernick gets from his potential? Kaepernick will answer that question.
---

Everyone loves that Russell

Dirt is a fucking loser who can't satisfy that big tittied wife of his like she should be satisfied

Only you could hate Kurt Warner

Sanjuro

I'm not sure. The way he plays it just seems like he will be injury prone. Of the two Hernandez is probably the more injury prone player so you are probably right.

Not saying he is going to be immune to injuries, but he is certainly the more reliable of the two.

Not saying he is going to be immune to injuries, but he is certainly the more reliable of the two.

Can you attribute the Hernandez high ankle sprain to his reliability, though? I mean, it's not like he sprained his ankle on a plant or something like that, but Edelman just rolled up on his ankle while he was blocking.

Sanjuro

Can you attribute the Hernandez high ankle sprain to his reliability, though? I mean, it's not like he sprained his ankle on a plant or something like that, but Edelman just rolled up on his ankle while he was blocking.

I think Hernandez has had a variety of injuries. I would say Edelman out of the three plays the most reckless on the field.

brentech

What the shit? HBO Go doesn't have Hard Knocks. I want some Season 1.
I wish my weak local cable even had HBO go =(

Edit: I read a few weeks back that the company has been in long negotiations with HBO to provide it. I still don't understand how that works, because it's free with HBO subscription. I don't get the difficulty.

Slo

Win, lose, or draw the 9ers have already accomplished everything I hoped they would do. Sure, they could go on to play in a Super Bowl and maybe even win it, but that's all irrelevant to me. They're already champions to me.

Sanjuro

Win, lose, or draw the 9ers have already accomplished everything I hoped they would do. Sure, they could go on to play in a Super Bowl and maybe even win it, but that's all irrelevant to me. They're already champions to me.

Uh...wasn't that last season's motto?

brentech

They're 2 for 2 while the NFC is 0 for 6?

Top Bottom