• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Mrbob

five ring circus (AUSTIN)
Who do you think has a higher celiing, Kaep or Wilson?

Mike Sando(1:39 PM)
I would tend to say Kaepernick based on his physical stature. But I think Wilson is going to get 100 percent of his potential. So, is 100 percent of Wilson greater than whatever percent Kaepernick gets from his potential? Kaepernick will answer that question.
---
Everyone loves that Russell

Sounds about right. Wilson is already a better passer, which is the most important aspect.

Tom Penny

Poor LLoyd. Prove to me you aren't a soft piece of shit afraid of contact this weekend

belichicktweet.jpg

Tom Penny

lol remember everyone was all like ermagod Lloyd is going to destroy.. haha good times

I knew he'd be better than Ocho that's for sure and he was. Other than that he catches almost every ball in the fetal position. Truly afraid of contact. What sucks is he's going to have to make plays because the Ravens are going to flood the middle of the field for sure.

effzee

Eskin reporting the Eagles/Chip will go after Alabama's DC Kirby Smart to be his DC.

Sounds great except he is right about 5% of the time so it won't happen.

Some of the Oregon staff will join him though. Most likely the DLINE coach Jerry Azzinaro. Would be a great move though I don't want the whole staff made up of college coaches.

jakncoke

Banned
Had more catches and yards than Mike Wallace

Mike Wallace is a quitting chocha. not hard

I knew he'd be better than Ocho that's for sure and he was. Other than that he catches almost every ball in the fetal position. Truly afraid of contact. What sucks is he's going to have to make plays because the Ravens are going to flood the middle of the field for sure.

Didnt Ocho have like 15 catches? :me

squicken

No idea why McDaniels loves him so much. Great route runner and can catch a tough pass, but when Pollard or Reed are bearing down on him the ball will not be caught. People go nuts about his catches, but so many are because he decided to lay on the ground and reach up for the ball. Love that Belichick knocked him down. I wonder if he's trying to shame him b/c he knows he needs him this week?

Brinbe

Eskin reporting the Eagles/Chip will go after Alabama's DC Kirby Smart to be his DC.

Sounds great except he is right about 5% of the time so it won't happen.

Some of the Oregon staff will join him though. Most likely the DLINE coach Jerry Azzinaro. Would be a great move though I don't want the whole staff made up of college coaches.
Oh pls pls pls, I'd be ecstatic with that move. But as you said, since Eskin's reporting it, it's probably total bullshit.

Tom Penny

No idea why McDaniels loves him so much. Great route runner and can catch a tough pass, but when Pollard or Reed are bearing down on him the ball will not be caught. People go nuts about his catches, but so many are because he decided to lay on the ground and reach up for the ball. Love that Belichick knocked him down. I wonder if he's trying to shame him b/c he knows he needs him this week?

His total cap hit was only 2M this year so whatever. He was worth that. Gonk is what might have fucked them 2 years straight. We'll see.

Didnt Ocho have like 15 catches? :me

He didn't even suite up in the AFC championship last year..

TheFatOne

His total cap hit was only 2M this year so whatever. He was worth that. Gonk is what might have fucked them 2 years straight. We'll see.

He didn't even suite up in the AFC championship last year..

Lloyd has been a solid addition this year, but I feel the Pats just lack speed on the outside more than anything. I'm also not sure if Brady has the arm for a receiver like that now.

squicken

This is pretty fascinating. Had no idea this had gone on

"Coach (Bill) Cowher had five or six offensive coordinators, and that (play) book had got big because he wasn't going to learn any new terminology," Arians said. "When Kenny and the guys came out here, Ben and I got together and we rewrote the playbook and put it back into Cleveland terms, which I learned from Tom Moore, who forgot more football than I know.

"I thought it was the simplest way to teach young wide receivers and quarterbacks pictures of how to line up. When a quarterback calls a play, he's got to see a picture. To help him rewrite that, with Ben, rename some patterns to where they made sense to him. I think that's the quarterback-coach trust relationship that has to be developed. As a head coach or an offensive coordinator, you're tied to that guy. Your future is him.

"I like new ideas. Randy Fichtner came in from the University of Memphis and he had all these college screens. I just couldn't wait to put all that stuff in. So we veered off into a different direction. Similar in some (ways). There are still core values that are the same. Some things are called the same, but other things are totally different."

Steelers owe a big debt to Cleveland

Edit:

@RapSheet: The #Cardinals have offered their head coaching job to Bruce Arians, I'm told. He is expected to accept."

There it is. RIP AZ quarterbacks

cdyhybrid

This is pretty fascinating. Had no idea this had gone on

Steelers owe a big debt to Cleveland

Edit:

@RapSheet: The #Cardinals have offered their head coaching job to Bruce Arians, I'm told. He is expected to accept."

There it is. RIP AZ quarterbacks

Yessssssssssssssssss

squicken

JABEE

Howard Eskin said:
I'm told #eagles Chip kelly hired oregon Asst HC Jerry Azzinaro as eag DL coach. Todd grantham georia and kirby Smart alabama int 4 DC's

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/statuses/292043737020895234

Both Grantham and Smart are set to interview for Eagles DC position.

Alabama's defense is really good. How much does that have to do with recruiting power, and how much does it have to do with scheme? Kirby Smart could be a good hire?

Edit: late

JABEE

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ference-clears-up-misconceptions-about-eagles

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-reid-helped-bring-chip-kelly-to-philadelphia

Eagles kinda sorta lay blame at Banner for all of the negative press around their search. idk. This Banner guy has never really seemed all that special. When McNair got the Texans, it almost seemed like the league paired him with Casserly to show him the ropes. Banner and Haslam seem similarly hitched

Banner did a lot for the Eagles. He found all of the loopholes in the salary cap and negotiated a lot of the business deals and contracts that allowed the Eagles to grow into a very valuable franchise. When Banner left the Eagles, there was no doubt he would find a team to run.

Other GM's followed his lead on how to structure player contracts. The lockout wiped out a lot of his tricks. He's a great business person, but he sometimes ran away good players by trying to dominate every negotiation. He's the reason the Eagles lost Brian Dawkins to the Broncos.

How is the Cardinal's offensive line? If it's mediocre to bad, then RIP whoever's playing behind center.

honestly one of the 5 worst lines in the NFL and i'm not being an a-hole biased niners fan when i say that. it is really awful

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

As of 8:45 ET, Cardinals DC Ray Horton still waiting for call to inform him Arizona has hired Bruce Arians.

lulz never change cards

RBH

"We have Tom Brady here, we have Tom Brady here, we have Tom Brady here. He's been our point person all season long," Menino said. "And Stevan Ridley, he's been another great guy. And Wilcock."

Menino, who was holding notes during the conversation, was obviously referring to Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork. Menino also was wearing Wilfork's No. 75 jersey at the time. A reporter quickly corrected his mistake, but it wouldn't be his last.

"We have it all. (Aaron) Hernandez is going to do a great job. He'll step in for Gonk because Gonk's hurt," the mayor said, again while glancing at his notes.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcOSe843pQ

How can you do that to your own DC? A DC that is actually really good. The Cardinals are a terribly run franchise.

seems to me that horton should have been hired as head coach. as shitty as the cards were, it wasn't as a result of the defense and they had really made strides with horton running the defense. with horton as HC, you assume the D is going to do what it does and then if he could even get the offense up to average production you have to imagine the cards would be competing at least for a wildcard spot come years end.

NOW, you've interviewed your DC for HC, said "you're not good enough" and hired someone else. now where do you go from here with horton? how does horton come back as DC?

squicken

honestly one of the 5 worst lines in the NFL and i'm not being an a-hole biased niners fan when i say that. it is really awful

lulz never change cards

Yeah he's been he luckiest coach in the world to have the only two QBs who could run his system miraculously be on the roster. Rumblings are he doesn't want Horton, or Horton wants out. There's going to be a mad scramble to get that guy.

Oh Jerrah. Looks Cowboys are getting Rod Marinelli as Dline coach and Houston Nutt as RB coach.

We're basically just throwing shit at a wall this offseason and hope it sticks.

JABEE

seems to me that horton should have been hired as head coach. as shitty as the cards were, it wasn't as a result of the defense and they had really made strides with horton running the defense. with horton as HC, you assume the D is going to do what it does and then if he could even get the offense up to average production you have to imagine the cards would be competing at least for a wildcard spot come years end.

NOW, you've interviewed your DC for HC, said "you're not good enough" and hired someone else. now where do you go from here with horton? how does horton come back as DC?

Did they allow Horton to interview elsewhere? I would have to imagine teams would have looked at him for HC positions and now that the Cards burned him, he'll look for another DC position. I wouldn't mind if the Eagles interviewed him, but I'm not sure if they would give him permission since he's under contract and it would be a lateral move.

brentech

Did they allow Horton to interview elsewhere? I would have to imagine teams would have looked at him for HC positions and now that the Cards burned him, he'll look for another DC position. I wouldn't mind if the Eagles interviewed him, but I'm not sure if they would give him permission since he's under contract and it would be a lateral move.
He filled everyone's Rooney Rule requirement.

bionic77

as a 49ers fan, i love the cardinals hire of bruce arians. keep up the good work cards!
That's Superbowl champion Bruce Arians to you!

I find it so weird that we as fans can often see shit decisions beforehand and the asshats who are paid millions are clueless.

Arizona is doomed. Only a champ like Warner could ever do anything with them. He is too busy adopting kids and fucking Brenda to come back now.

squicken

Schefter is really upset no minorities were hired.

Mike Silver had a piece on this. There are no offensively minded minority coaches in the pipeline. With everyone wanting offense, it was inevitable this would happen. Next step is to start giving minority coaches looks as QB coaches, which is the gateway to offensive coordinator

JCizzle

five ring circus (AUSTIN)
Who do you think has a higher celiing, Kaep or Wilson?

Mike Sando(1:39 PM)
I would tend to say Kaepernick based on his physical stature. But I think Wilson is going to get 100 percent of his potential. So, is 100 percent of Wilson greater than whatever percent Kaepernick gets from his potential? Kaepernick will answer that question.
---

Everyone loves that Russell

Only you could hate Kurt Warner
I'd love to know where this narrative was born that CK doesn't care or isn't as into it as Russell. It's quite strange (and not based on the anecdotes I've heard regarding his work ethic)..

I'd love to know where this narrative was born that CK doesn't care or isn't as into it as Russell. It's quite strange (and not based on the anecdotes I've heard regarding his work ethic)..

i don't think they're saying that. it's just russell wilsons ceiling is a lot lower, so he'll probably reach his ceiling. kaepernicks ceiling is insanely high and if he were to reach his ceiling he will be one of the all-time 49er greats. considering the type of QB's we have had in the past that is a strong compliment.

kap has a long way to go though. if we can keep our staff together and keep the good to great pieces around him on offense and defense then i think he can and will reach his potential. part of it is that he needs to keep working hard 24/7 (as he has been doing thus far in his career) and he needs to stay healthy. i think he has shown that he is more than willing to slide and duck out of bounds. after the massive hit he took against the bills (and fumbled) i think harbs had a nice talk with him and i really haven't seen him get lit up since. he took a good hit in the green bay game but aside from that he has done a good job sliding or just going out of bounds

Top Bottom