• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

squicken

Instead of the East Germans, Lance should have compared his dope ring to the Seahawks, so younger viewers would know what he was talking about

jakncoke

Banned
How much cap Cards got to work with. Mike Wallace too. Arians loved fuck it going deep pass plays here. Im sure he'd be thrilled to continue that

here's the "projected" cap space for next year as of right now:

2013 NFL Cap Space
Team Carryover $ Total Cap Space
Arizona $3.6M ($723,000)
Atlanta $307,000 $4.9M
Baltimore $1.2M $15.7M
Buffalo $9.8M $20.6M
Carolina $3.6M ($11.8M)
Chicago $3.2M $13.3M
Cincinnati $8.5M $55.1M
Cleveland $14.3M $48.9M
Dallas $2.3M ($18.2M)
Denver $11.5M $18.5M
Detroit $486,000 ($1.1M)
Green Bay $7M $7.1M
Houston $2.4M $12.9M
Indianapolis $3.5M $46M
Jacksonville $19.5M $22.1M
Kansas City $14M $16.1M
Miami $5.3M $35.8M
Minnesota $8M $16.1M
New England $5.6M $18.6M
New Orleans $2.7M ($14.7M)
NY Giants $1M ($4.7M)
NY Jets $3.4M ($19.4M)
Oakland $4.5M ($4.5M)
Philadelphia $23M $5.2M
Pittsburgh $758,000 ($10.8M)
San Diego $995,000 $8.7M
San Francisco $859,000 $3.9M
Seattle $13.2M $18.6M
St. Louis $247,000 $1.8M
Tampa Bay $8.5M $31.3M
Tennessee $12.8M $19.4M
Washington $4.2M ($4M)

what the fuck? am i reading this right? the jets are over the projected cap by $19.4 mil!?

BigAT

what the fuck? am i reading this right? the jets are over the projected cap by $19.4 mil!?

mike_tannenbaum--300x300.jpg

squicken

They have a lot of easy cuts they can make to get under, but it will leave them with very few players under contract.

Your cap kind of depends on what you guys do with Goldson, right? Gets a 20% raise if they franchise tag him again

They have a lot of easy cuts they can make to get under, but it will leave them with very few players under contract.

Your cap kind of depends on what you guys do with Goldson, right? Gets a 20% raise if they franchise tag him again

we will get +$8 mil from saying good bye to alex. yeah goldson is going to cost us and then we have to decide on keeping either soapoaga or ricky jean. doubt we resign delaine walker. carlos rogers could be a surprise cut (his deal last year was cap friendly)

squicken

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
For those asking abt Ray Horton I was told he had a heated exchange w/ Steve Keim, thought he was the guy when McCoy took the Chargers job.

NawidA

Banned
Mike Silver had a piece on this. There are no offensively minded minority coaches in the pipeline. With everyone wanting offense, it was inevitable this would happen. Next step is to start giving minority coaches looks as QB coaches, which is the gateway to offensive coordinator
Hue.

squicken

we will get +$8 mil from saying good bye to alex. yeah goldson is going to cost us and then we have to decide on keeping either soapoaga or ricky jean. doubt we resign delaine walker. carlos rogers could be a surprise cut (his deal last year was cap friendly)

Poor Alex. At least he'll sort of get a ring before going to QB the Jags or Cards

In retrospect I wish Fisher would have gone with him over Schotty, but given his bizarre behavior last year I really didn't want the guy. The aborted power grab was pretty unseemly

jakncoke

Banned
2013 NFL Cap Space
Team Carryover $ Total Cap Space
Arizona $3.6M ($723,000)
Atlanta $307,000 $4.9M
Baltimore $1.2M $15.7M
Buffalo $9.8M $20.6M
Carolina $3.6M ($11.8M)
Chicago $3.2M $13.3M
Cincinnati $8.5M $55.1M
Cleveland $14.3M $48.9M

Dallas $2.3M ($18.2M)
Denver $11.5M $18.5M
Detroit $486,000 ($1.1M)
Green Bay $7M $7.1M
Houston $2.4M $12.9M
Indianapolis $3.5M $46M
Jacksonville $19.5M $22.1M
Kansas City $14M $16.1M
Miami $5.3M $35.8M
Minnesota $8M $16.1M
New England $5.6M $18.6M

New Orleans $2.7M ($14.7M)
NY Giants $1M ($4.7M)
NY Jets $3.4M ($19.4M)
Oakland $4.5M ($4.5M)
Philadelphia $23M $5.2M
Pittsburgh $758,000 ($10.8M)
San Diego $995,000 $8.7M
San Francisco $859,000 $3.9M
Seattle $13.2M $18.6M
St. Louis $247,000 $1.8M
Tampa Bay $8.5M $31.3M
Tennessee $12.8M $19.4M

Washington $4.2M ($4M)

Bold are the teams that have to spend to reach the 89% cap floor which is 13.3 million left on your cap

edit: would so hard

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
i don't think they're saying that. it's just russell wilsons ceiling is a lot lower, so he'll probably reach his ceiling. kaepernicks ceiling is insanely high and if he were to reach his ceiling he will be one of the all-time 49er greats. considering the type of QB's we have had in the past that is a strong compliment.

kap has a long way to go though. if we can keep our staff together and keep the good to great pieces around him on offense and defense then i think he can and will reach his potential. part of it is that he needs to keep working hard 24/7 (as he has been doing thus far in his career) and he needs to stay healthy. i think he has shown that he is more than willing to slide and duck out of bounds. after the massive hit he took against the bills (and fumbled) i think harbs had a nice talk with him and i really haven't seen him get lit up since. he took a good hit in the green bay game but aside from that he has done a good job sliding or just going out of bounds
WIlson_original.gif

Willing to bet Max Starks and Willie Colon wind up in Zona.
No doubt.
How much cap Cards got to work with. Mike Wallace too. Arians loved fuck it going deep pass plays here. Im sure he'd be thrilled to continue that
Fitz on one side, Wallace on the other. Didn't Jeff George float the idea of a comeback?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh Jerrah. Looks Cowboys are getting Rod Marinelli as Dline coach and Houston Nutt as RB coach.

We're basically just throwing shit at a wall this offseason and hope it sticks.

They're bringing back Houston Nutt from the coaching grave?

Oh wow hahahaha

JABEE

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bowles-in-as-cardinals-defensive-coordinator/

PFT said:
Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that Horton is out as the Arizona defensive coordinator. Per Silver, he’ll be replaced by former Eagles defensive coordinator Todd Bowles on Bruce Arians’ staff.

Bowles was elevated to the position in Philly after Juan Castillo was fired. The Eagles went 1-9 with Bowles in the job, with the Eagles giving up on average 31.9 points per game.

In contrast, the Cardinals’ defense was the only bright spot for the team last year. And if Horton is available, he’ll surely land on his feet elsewhere — perhaps even sooner than Rob Ryan, who said last week he’d have a new job in five minutes.

Let's get schedule an interview, Chip!

squicken

Problem with Horton, and it will be for guy in JAX, is who is your offensive staff? Look what is a available. CAR had to interview Shurmur and Cameron. Not like there's alot of college guys to pull from. They are all hiring offense guys too.

Top Bottom