• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

kamhit.gif

what time is the seahawks game this weekend

squicken

Re-watched 2nd SF-STL game

-Rams played almost all zone. Kap definitely hit some runs, but it was usually Long doing what Long does and not keeping his lane integrity. Ran right far more than left, but that's Long's side so it would make sense

-Gore did nothing. Rams DL beat SF's OL. Lots of 3rd and long

-Bad field position for SF. Almost all drives starting inside their 20

-Bad coaching by Harbs in settling for FGs inside the 10, and Akers with a big miss. 0.0% chance STL would have made them pay for going for it on 4th down

-Quotes after the game, from both teams, that STL knew the plays. SF probably hadn't expanded much for what Kap could do that game, and it showed. Their scoring drives came off of his improvisation

JCizzle

-Rams played almost all zone. Kap definitely hit some runs, but it was usually Long doing what Long does and not keeping his lane integrity. Ran right far more than left, but that's Long's side so it would make sense

-Bad coaching by Harbs in settling for FGs inside the 10, and Akers with a big miss. 0.0% chance STL would have made them pay for going for it on 4th down

-Quotes after the game, from both teams, that STL knew the plays. SF probably hadn't expanded much for what Kap could do that game, and it showed. Their scoring drives came off of his improvisation

Interesting notes, good stuff. I'm concerned that the FG mentality may come back at the wrong time. For being an average/bad team, those STL games were some of the toughest I saw all year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Arians isnt a bad hire for Arizona considering people weren't chomping at the bit to go.

They need 2 or 3 years to rebuild though. They desperately need a quarterback and an offensive line....not sure how good their running backs are either.

After all these coaching hires what teams do you think will go Qb early in draft 1st/2nd round. Theirs plenty of Qbs, not the quality of last year but still can be good.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He's just trolling because he's still mad about Jag rag

Edit: apparently their is a starship troopers 3! And it was just made in 2008, this is blowing my mind

Is that the CG one? If so I saw it.

It's aite but seemed stupid to have CG boobs in this thing. Is that really necessary?

wait a minute. the cardinals hired the guy who replaced juan castillo? the guy who was worse than juan castillo?

god fucking bless you arizona cardinals. god bless you and your entire front office

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Haven't posted in a week, but the Manti T'eo story is insane.

I swear on anything I was driving to work I think the day of, or before, the story broke was thinking of the NFL and NFL GAF and how we haven't had a good NFL related scandal like Big Ben's sexual assault case, Mike Vick dogfighting, Brett Favre dick pic etc. in what felt like a long time.

It'll be very, very interesting to see where he lands in the draft. No way he goes in the first round at this point IMO. Wonder who grabs him in the 2nd or 3rd round...

Good analysis, but whats your overall opinion on Chris Long? Haven't watched enough film on the guy, but was he worth all the hype and the #2 pick in the draft?

Keeping lane integrity is something a Defensive End should know by reflex by Pee Wee football.

Greg

I swear on anything I was driving to work I think the day of, or before, the story broke was thinking of the NFL and NFL GAF and how we haven't had a good NFL related scandal like Big Ben's sexual assault case, Mike Vick dogfighting, Brett Favre dick pic etc. in what felt like a long time.

It'll be very, very interesting to see where he lands in the draft. No way he goes in the first round at this point IMO. Wonder who grabs him in the 2nd or 3rd round...
Almost as insane as Suh.

Welcome back.

squicken

Good analysis, but whats your overall opinion on Chris Long? Haven't watched enough film on the guy, but was he worth all the hype and the #2 pick in the draft?

Keeping lane integrity is something a Defensive End should know by reflex by Pee Wee football.

Team was in chaos when Long was drafted. The owner died, her heirs couldn't pay the estate taxes, and their was a power struggle in the front office. Long was the safe pick, b/c they didn't want to move on from Bulger, and that draft is pretty meh at the top, aside from Jake Long and Matt Ryan

Long is a solid LDE. Okay vs run. Hard working and high motor good character guy. Yes, all the white guy cliches, which he makes frequent jokes about. Easy to root for, but all that effort gets him out of position. But he's good for 10 sacks a year, and really, he will not stop. Relentless player. Gets lots of pressures and hurries that way. They re-signed him to a fair deal last year, so I don't have a problem

My only issue is that people think he is better than he is b/c of the name. I will say this: he plays for a shitty offensive team. They never get to turn it lose and ignore run responsibilities. Probably would have better numbers if he did, but then he also benefits from being on a very talented DL that prevents teams from double teaming him much

Kas, you know the answer already.

Martin-Mayhew.jpg

So my Jaguar friends, bless their hearts, wholeheartedly believe they will either go 14-2 or 16-0 next season based on the fact they got a new GM and new HC. I just laugh in their faces.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So my Jaguar friends, bless their hearts, wholeheartedly believe they will either go 14-2 or 16-0 next season based on the fact they got a new GM and new HC. I just laugh in their faces.

I'm always amazed when fans don't practice cautious optimism.

I've got an elite quarterback and I never assume more than 10-6. Getting bounced in the divisional round I'd call "par". I want more but I can't assume more.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Almost as insane as Suh.

Welcome back.

Unlike Teo, Suh doesn't need to brag or show-off about the good deeds or "heroic" things he does or goes through. Suh donates $3 Million to charity like its nothing.

Teo donates nothing and lies just for extra endorsement money yet ESPN doesn't have the balls to release the story. Suh defends himself against some cheapshot, thug Packer offensive lineman and we have 5 days worth of Sportscenter talk.

Thanks Greg, good to be back

Team was in chaos when Long was drafted. The owner died, her heirs couldn't pay the estate taxes, and their was a power struggle in the front office. Long was the safe pick, b/c they didn't want to move on from Bulger, and that draft is pretty meh at the top, aside from Jake Long and Matt Ryan

Long is a solid LDE. Okay vs run. Hard working and high motor good character guy. Yes, all the white guy cliches, which he makes frequent jokes about. Easy to root for, but all that effort gets him out of position. But he's good for 10 sacks a year, and really, he will not stop. Relentless player. Gets lots of pressures and hurries that way. They re-signed him to a fair deal last year, so I don't have a problem

My only issue is that people think he is better than he is b/c of the name. I will say this: he plays for a shitty offensive team. They never get to turn it lose and ignore run responsibilities. Probably would have better numbers if he did, but then he also benefits from being on a very talented DL that prevents teams from double teaming him much

That's a great LDE to have then. With that motor and having a stud DT in the middle he could make more noise than 10 sacks and okay run support.

I seriously hope we go with Demonte Moore or Dion Jordan in this draft. Having even a solid DE paired with Suh, Nick Fairley and Corey Williams is a scary though.

I'm going to :jnc at any team who overpays Cliff Avril this offseason. I liked him in Detroit but no way is he worth the price he wants. A solid #2 DE, but is getting regarded as a #1 DE because of the attention Suh and Fairley garner.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm always amazed when fans don't practice cautious optimism.

I've got an elite quarterback and I never assume more than 10-6. Getting bounced in the divisional round I'd call "par". I want more but I can't assume more.

Wait Flacco got traded to the Packers?

jakncoke

Banned
He's just trolling because he's still mad about Jag rag

Edit: apparently their is a starship troopers 3! And it was just made in 2008, this is blowing my mind

speaking of 3rd movies they made Death Race 3 and danny trejo is in it, just came on instant watch recently.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Did the Rams play 8 in the box? I was planning on looking at how to stop the read option, and what teams do in college is walk a safety up. I haven't watched any tape on the topic yet, myself.

Did the Rams play 8 in the box? I was planning on looking at how to stop the read option, and what teams do in college is walk a safety up. I haven't watched any tape on the topic yet, myself.

falcons aren't stupid enough to bring a safety in the box consistently with our receivers on the outside and VD. you might think moss is a has-been, but i guarantee you that atlanta doesn't want moss vs. a CB by himself on a deep bomb

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, you know the answer already.

Martin-Mayhew.jpg

:jnc Mayhew has been a solid GM up to this point and if he thinks Teo is a good 3rd round pick so be it. I don't think he'd use it on Teo in the 2nd round considering some of our other needs.

Mel Kiper has us drafting Jarvis Jones at #5 and some of his analysis and stats gets me hyped about having him in some blitzing schemes with Suh and Fairley pressuring the middle.

I had no idea Jarvis Jones led the nation in sacks. That's effin impressive considering he's a LB with the insane amount of DL talent in college football right now.

He led the nation in sacks even as every team brought help to block him, and Jones not only uses great leverage to hold up as a run defender, but is vastly underrated in his ability to drop and cover. He brings a workmanlike effort and will sack quarterbacks, and skip the dance as he helps them up. A mature player and a good fit on any team, and within any system.

effzee

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
For those asking abt Ray Horton I was told he had a heated exchange w/ Steve Keim, thought he was the guy when McCoy took the Chargers job.

OH GOD PLEASE COME TO PHILLY!

CHIP AND HORTON FUTURE!

wait a minute. the cardinals hired the guy who replaced juan castillo? the guy who was worse than juan castillo?

god fucking bless you arizona cardinals. god bless you and your entire front office

Bowles was thought well off because the Philly disaster. As much as the D sucked under even him, it was a mess from the start.

Not sure how good he is but he isn't as bad as it looked. But why get rid of Horton?

COME TO PHILLY HORTON!

Dre3001

All message boards I have visited and most Jag fans are aiming for 5-7 wins at most

Anything more then 5 wins is considered successful IMO

Top Bottom