• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

ari

Banned
Damn, bears massacred the coaching staff. Even jeremy bates bounced. Wonder who will join the staff in the next few days.

Mech: That dish is stuff of dreams. oh, and what the hell is the walmart payout? That class action lawsuit back then for the employees or what?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pappa's Seafood. I swear EVERYTHING on that plate was coated in butter. I now the steak was and it mixed with the drippings from the steak and coated the green beans underneath it.

It was like fucking nirvana,

Rare, Medium-Rare, Medium or Well Done?

A1 Steak Sauce or no A1?

MechDX

Rare, Medium-Rare, Medium or Well Done?

A1 Steak Sauce or no A1?

Medium well, didnt need no damn sauce. The thing was so damn juicy and tender. They coated it with butter when it came off the grill....the steak, potatos, green beans and lobster mixed so damn well with an ice cold Sam Adams.

MechDX

Damn, bears massacred the coaching staff. Even jeremy bates bounced. Wonder who will join the staff in the next few days.

Mech: That dish is stuff of dreams. oh, and what the hell is the walmart payout? That class action lawsuit back then for the employees or what?

The bitches finally paid my 5 weeks of vacation pay they owed me when I quit

squicken

Did the Rams play 8 in the box? I was planning on looking at how to stop the read option, and what teams do in college is walk a safety up. I haven't watched any tape on the topic yet, myself.

Most of the game they showed Cover 2 looks with lots zone blitzes. Some bizarre exotic coverages as well (that would get them killed vs MIN and at least partly contributed to the DC getting fired). STL went through this weird period in the middle of the year where the CBs would just play so far off. Brady killed them b/c of that, and Sanchez and Tannie beat them as well, but with Kap, he wasn't confident enough to just take the 7 yard throw every time

If I had to give a key to the game, it was STL shutting down the run game. Brockers, Hayes, and Langford kept OL from getting to LBs, and Dunbar and Lauranitis had big days. And Kap not being able, at that point, to consistently execute a dink and dunk passing game

It doesn't really help ATL b/c they ran almost zero pistol stuff. As aggressive as they were vs CHI and NO, SF was very much playing not to lose vs STL. I'm going to watch STL-SEA later to see what they did there

Most of the game they showed Cover 2 looks with lots zone blitzes. Some bizarre exotic coverages as well (that would get them killed vs MIN and at least partly contributed to the DC getting fired). STL went through this weird period in the middle of the year where the CBs would just play so far off. Brady killed them b/c of that, and Sanchez and Tannie beat them as well, but with Kap, he wasn't confident enough to just take the 7 yard throw every time

If I had to give a key to the game, it was STL shutting down the run game. Brockers, Hayes, and Langford kept OL from getting to LBs, and Dunbar and Lauranitis had big days. And Kap not being able, at that point, to consistently execute a dink and dunk passing game

It doesn't really help ATL b/c they ran almost zero pistol stuff. As aggressive as they were vs CHI and NO, SF was very much playing not to lose vs STL. I'm going to watch STL-SEA later to see what they did there

kap had 21 completions in that game and got so many free/easy gains to crabcakes. crabtree had 7 rec, 101 yards and was open all day. the rams were giving a baffling amount of space to him and as you said im not sure if kap always trusted his reads. hopefully he'll take the short stuff if its there and open. nothing wrong with keeping atlantas defense off the field!

I'm very excited for Sunday. Flacco is literally playing for millions of dollars. Each win gets him a bigger and bigger contract. A headline from the Baltimore Sun said "'Joe Flacco is a top 5 QB' says his Agent" which is terrifying if we don't win it all. The last thing I want is to pay him top 5 money when he's no Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, etc. That will crush the franchise going forward. But if that's the price to win this year, I'll deal. If we lose, I'll feel like I always had; that Joe is good enough to get us to the AFC Championship game, but no further. But fuck that, I want a ring. He gets one, pay him. Fuck it.

squicken

kap had 21 completions in that game and got so many free/easy gains to crabcakes. crabtree had 7 rec, 101 yards and was open all day. the rams were giving a baffling amount of space to him and as you said im not sure if kap always trusted his reads. hopefully he'll take the short stuff if its there and open. nothing wrong with keeping atlantas defense off the field!

It was the only SF game I saw where I thought Alex would have won a game where Kap didn't. The others, you never know for sure b/c Alex didn't play, but I think CHI or NO, I'm not sure Alex wins those

I'm very excited for Sunday. Flacco is literally playing for millions of dollars. Each win gets him a bigger and bigger contract. A headline from the Baltimore Sun said "'Joe Flacco is a top 5 QB' says his Agent" which is terrifying if we don't win it all. The last thing I want is to pay him top 5 money when he's no Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, etc. That will crush the franchise going forward. But if that's the price to win this year, I'll deal. If we lose, I'll feel like I always had; that Joe is good enough to get us to the AFC Championship game, but no further. But fuck that, I want a ring. He gets one, pay him. Fuck it.

He wont get one.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Preview of Sunday:

original.gif

original.gif

lol that last guy is wearing shoulder pads ha

LOL. Shoulder pad guy. Awesome.

I've been to the Georgia Dome before for a regular season game against the freaking Chiefs when they were terrible. My ears were ringing after that game and it was kind of a garbage game.

NFC Champsionship? Pft. I pity those poor eardrums. xD

My picks:

49ers at Falcons

Ravens at Patriots

It's a chalk weekend, fellas. Sorry, no Harbowl. :p

U mad we helped end your season?

If we beat the Niners we can beat the Ravens. Pats are a horrible match up for us. Plus our coach is a dumb chocha.

A Pats-Falcons game would probably turn into a massive shoot-out. There is no way we can stop Roddy White/Julio Jones and Gonzalez through the air.

Pats - 9'ers would probably be 9'ers - Packers all over again.

Too bad we still have to find a way to stop Joe 'Fuck it going deep' Flacco who will shred our asses on Sunday. The Ravens D can slow down Brady for sure, over the last 5 seasons or something, his lowest QB rating of those seasons was always against the Ravens. We need our knight in Shirtless armor, but he's on IR now :(.

Wrayfield

A Pats-Falcons game would probably turn into a massive shoot-out. There is no way we can stop Roddy White/Julio Jones and Gonzalez through the air.

Too bad we still have to find a way to stop Joe 'Fuck it going deep' Flacco who will shred our asses on Sunday. The Ravens D can slow down Brady for sure, over the last 5 seasons or something, his lowest QB rating of those seasons was always against the Ravens. We need our knight in Shirtless armor, but he's on IR now :(.

Gonk! Gonk!!!

verbum

You all need 3 interceptions from Flacco, convert to FG for 9 points and that will be the margin of victory.
If it is only 1-2 interceptions, then the Ravens march on and Brady stays at home to make another baby.

JCizzle

LOL. Shoulder pad guy. Awesome.

I've been to the Georgia Dome before for a regular season game against the freaking Chiefs when they were terrible. My ears were ringing after that game and it was kind of a garbage game.

NFC Champsionship? Pft. I pity those poor eardrums. xD

My picks:

49ers at Falcons

Ravens at Patriots

It's a chalk weekend, fellas. Sorry, no Harbowl. :p

Niners are favored, not the dirty birds!

verbum

Niners are favored, not the dirty birds!

Latest betting news:

The Falcons opened as a four-point underdog. That line moved to minus-4 1/2 after early betting, and now it’s at minus-5 at several sports books.
That hasn’t stopped bettors from continuing to take the 49ers and give the points.
“It’s not really making a difference as 75 percent of the money is still coming in on them,” Kevin Bradley, sports book manager for Bovada.lv, wrote in an email.
Even at 4 1/2 points the Falcons were the biggest home underdog of any No. 1 seed in any round since the NFL playoffs expanded to 10 teams in 1978.
By contrast, Bradley said 70 percent of bettors are picking the Ravens as 10-point underdogs against New England in the AFC Championship game. He said lots of bettors backed New England as a 10-point favorite against Houston last weekend, and the Patriots’ 41-28 victory “cost the book a pretty penny.”
Bradley’s hypothetical Super Bowl lines have the Falcons as a 1 1/2-point favorite against the Ravens and a six-point underdog against the Patriots.

Taking Atlanta and Baltimore with the points? I'm going to do it.

Latest betting news:

Taking Atlanta and Baltimore with the points? I'm going to do it.

There is no way the Pats win with 10 points or even more. It will be super close like all games with the Ravens.

I personally wouldn't like the Falcons one either, when Russel started running, they were in trouble, I can see the Niners winning with a TD difference.

So during Chip's press conference yesterday Luire said that the Eagles were the only professional team that Chip considered. I thought that was a pretty shot at Banner. It sounds like a lot of the animosity between Luire and Banner comes from Banner bad mouthing Roseman to anyone that asks.

So during Chip's press conference yesterday Luire said that the Eagles were the only professional team that Chip considered. I thought that was a pretty shot at Banner. It sounds like a lot of the animosity between Luire and Banner comes from Banner bad mouthing Roseman to anyone that asks.
Nothing against you, but lurie makes me hate you guys. Next time we get a chance to play the eagles I hope we literally shit all over your players and your field.

jmdajr

Pappa's Seafood. I swear EVERYTHING on that plate was coated in butter. I know the steak was and it mixed with the drippings from the steak and coated the green beans underneath it.

It was like fucking nirvana,

Hmm. My wife is no Fan of Seafood so we hardly go there to such places. If we want steak we usually go to Churrasco's. It's expensive but the damn steak is tender like a piece of chicken.

jmdajr

If Falcons get the upset I think they have a chance against NE. Unlike the Texans they can throw bombs down the field. That seems to be Patriots biggest weakness.

Why would you hate Lurie? He took some shots at Banner simply because Banner is a rat.

Yeah I am really surprised Banner would have anything bad to say about Luire or anyone with the Eagles. Luire totally gave him his shot and they both got really rich together. Hell Banner would still probably be here if he had been willing to give up personnel power.

Why would you hate Lurie? He took some shots at Banner simply because Banner is a rat.
tumblr_m8pyzhohdP1qh8wol.gif

That's my president brah. No one bad mouths anyone on my team except for the Qbs

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
Former  # browns personnel man mike Lombardi coming to Cleveland for interview today for gm job.
Tehe tehe ehehe
Unlike other browns fans I'm not gonna have a complete meltdown

Mike Lombardi to be named the GM.

Official title: VP of player personnel.

and what I've bolded there is what really matters. It's why they hired a coach first. I'd be more upset if Lombardi had full power, but as a director of Player Personnel, it's more to his strengths, so I'm okay with it.

If Falcons get the upset I think they have a chance against NE. Unlike the Texans they can throw bombs down the field. That seems to be Patriots biggest weakness.

McCourty at FS has helpen a bit against the deep ball. We'll find out against the Ravens since they will bomb it to Smith all day.

Edit: they are re-airing the Falcons-Hawks game. On that pass to Lynch that got them on the goal line, how Wilson escaped pressure there is amazing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
and what I've bolded there is what really matters. It's why they hired a coach first. I'd be more upset if Lombardi had full power, but as a director of Player Personnel, it's more to his strengths, so I'm okay with it.

Yeah that's how I'm thinking about it too. I hope it all works out.

Top Bottom