• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

JCizzle

McCourty at FS has helpen a bit against the deep ball. We'll find out against the Ravens since they will bomb it to Smith all day.

Edit: they are re-airing the Falcons-Hawks game. On that pass to Lynch that got them on the goal line, how Wilson escaped pressure there is amazing.

I agree that the Talib/McCourty/dennard moves have worked out, but I still think the Pats are much better against the run than pass. The Falcons are equipped to throw it 60 times to two stud WR and a TE, and I think that would petrify Bill since it nullifies one of their major defensive strengths. Add in a gimpy pass rush and it could be a 55-49 high scoring coin flip.

Mike Lombardi to be named the GM.

Official title: VP of player personnel.

gatoradehockey.gif

effzee

I have always hated Banner for his reported treatment of FAs, veterans, and power hungry personality. I also lay a large share of the blame over the TO fiasco at his feet. But he did manage the salary cap masterfully for the Eagles and it seems like he is putting together a solid staff and FO in Cleveland.

Still if he was trying to throw people for a loop so the Eagles wouldn't get their man, then Lurie rightfully just owned him.

Oh and Jags fans you should thank Lurie for the Gus Bus. Apparently Tuesday night Lurie went to bed knowing Kelly wanted in (he had reached out earlier that day to confirm he wants to coach the Eagles) and they had already worked out the structure of the contract with both Gus and Chip. Lurie told his staff he would sleep on it. He had his mind made up in the morning to go with Kelly but it wasn't until Kelly told Oregon at 8am pacific time that Lurie officially announced since he wanted that confirmation.

Then he spoke to Gus at length and told him it was down to him and Chip and they were ready to hire Gus on Wednesday if Lurie woke up thinking differently. He also advised him on the Jags job and pushed him to take it based on the new owner. He told him Khan is a kind man who wants to win real bad.

Anyway on a more general note, I know we might suck for another season or two and maybe even longer if Chip is a complete failure but I must say it is exciting to have something new. New coach, new staff, the possibility of a proper rebuild, and just fresh air. And respect for Reid for calling Chip to convince him to take the job.

I agree that the Talib/McCourty/dennard moves have worked out, but I still think the Pats are much better against the run than pass. The Falcons are equipped to throw it 60 times to two stud WR and a TE, and I think that would petrify Bill since it nullifies one of their major defensive strengths. Add in a gimpy pass rush and it could be a 55-49 high scoring coin flip.

I fully agree with you. Their WRs and Gonzalez would shred us, but we got less terrible against the pass, but still terrible. Flacco will look elite on Sunday.

Now I'm watching the Texans - Pats. My god was Johnson wide open on that 3rd down pass on the five yard line at the start of the game. Easy TD hadn't Schoob overthrown him by 20 yards.

Chandler Jones has been invisible since he's back from the injury. Hightower > Jones

Edit: Nice blitz at the start with Hightower and Ninkopoop coming at Schoob real fast. Nantz also just said that Talib have our D 'Swag'.

Edit 2.0 : Gronk his arm was still bothering him before he broke it again, the play before he gets injured he's blocking with 1 arm again.

Edit 3.0 : Squicken, you have that crazy draw up of that McDaniels play where the center does that little pirouette?

Edit 4.0 : Mesko was absolutly murdering footballs on his punts.

Edit 5.0 : Solder was dominating. Stud.

bionic77

Mike Lombardi to be named the GM.

Official title: VP of player personnel.
Oh Cleveland...

On one hand I feel bad for you poor bastards getting stuck with another hack who is probably going to trade all of your good players to New England. On the other hand it will be so satisfying to see this bastard fail considering how much shit he talks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cleveland media (that I follow on twitter) are going hard at Lombardi. The press conference later today could be interesting.

He's great on the BS report. Do they hate him in CLE b/c he was close to Modell?
No people in cleveland just hate him because they overreact about everything the media ever reports about anyone and everything. Just frustrated fans really, but I'm still optimistic

Let's give the guy a chance, it's been years. Peeps can change

Yeah, I'll wait and see on this one. Not really sure what to think at this point.

No people in cleveland just hate him because they overreact about everything the media ever reports about anyone and everything. Just frustrated fans really, but I'm still optimistic

One of my favorite pastimes is reading the comments on cleveland.com articles. So much vitriol.

TheFatOne

High scoring game favors the Pats. Who do you trust in a shootout Brady or Matty Ice? I also like the Pats chances because Belichick will have an extra week to prepare. The extra week generally helps the Pats, but not always.

Can't wait for the news conference, think it might be today
Another edit: 11:30 BelieveLand timezone presser

Comment from cleveland.com article, and I fully agree:

"Question for press conference: How is Mike Lombardi an upgrade over Tom Heckert?"

Hope someone has the balls to ask. But probably not.

KingGondo

Banned
Fans of other teams are just jelly of Weeden's maturity and leadership.

Now that the clown Shurmur is out of his way, the league is on notice.

ari

Banned
Corey Graham was not good in Lovie's cover 2. Simple. No need to talk shit about lovie because he bench you numerous times cause you get burned in your zone.

KingGondo

Banned
I really meant to say Colt McCoy :p.

Seriously, I wonder if Norv can actually help Weeden.
You'd like Cashman. Guy has a huge hard-on for that noodle-arm Colt.

It's not like Weeden was terrible. He was inconsistent, but I blame most of his struggles Shurmur. He still managed to pass for a lot of yards in that asstastic system.

If Norv and Chud can't make Weeden into a passable starter, then nobody will.

Mrbob

Damn, bears massacred the coaching staff. Even jeremy bates bounced. Wonder who will join the staff in the next few days.

Trestman taking away all of Cutler's blankets. I'm liking him more and more.

Did Bates really do anything last year except be Jay's pal? I'm ok with them cleaning house on the offensive side and getting new assistants in to teach.

It's not like Weeden was terrible. He was inconsistent, but I blame most of his struggles Shurmur. He still managed to pass for a lot of yards in that asstastic system.

Yeah, agreed about Shurmur. I think Weeden deserves a longer look in a better system.

squicken

Lombardi has been advising Banner since he took over with Haslam. Lombardi did not like Holmgren (or at least his laziness in running the team) and didn't like Weeden. If he and Banner are the two guys running the show, I'm not sure how long Weeden has there

I don't understand Arians to AZ at all, unless they realize it will take years to get the team to where he, with a very specific play style, needs it to be. You need a great line or a great quarterback to even sniff a fart of success with him.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, agreed about Shurmur. I think Weeden deserves a longer look in a better system.
Yep.
Lombardi has been advising Banner since he took over with Haslam. Lombardi did not like Holmgren (or at least his laziness in running the team) and didn't like Weeden. If he and Banner are the two guys running the show, I'm not sure how long Weeden has there
The problem is I don't know who's out there who's better than Weeden. Maybe they bring in Alex Smith in free agency, but I don't know if Smith has a better arm than Weeden either. Chud wants a guy who can exploit the vertical passing game.

I guess we'll see.

BlackGhost said:
I think you mean upgrade this man to GAF Gold!!! Cleveland radio gonna be going crazy today, I'm listening now. Can't wait for this presser.
Ah, sports radio. Now's the slow time in Oklahoma.

I'm living through you, Browns-Age.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Yeah but I think he also hated the Josh Gordon pick too so...

As things are now I don't see a better QB coming here via free agency or draft. I think Weeden is our guy at least for the next two seasons while we groom someone else to take over.

Yeah but I think he also hated the Josh Gordon pick too so...

As things are now I don't see a better QB coming here via free agency or draft. I think Weeden is our guy at least for the next two seasons while we groom someone else to take over.

I hear Derek Anderson was wanting to come back :p.

ari

Banned
Trestman taking away all of Cutler's blankets. I'm liking him more and more.

Did Bates really do anything last year except be Jay's pal? I'm ok with them cleaning house on the offensive side and getting new assistants in to teach.
What I'm worry about is the defense. I think its time for change. Not 3-4 or anything just something new. Cover 2 works but its time for change while we welcome this new era.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think BG might be the only active member of Browns-GAF who actually lives in or around Cleveland. :jnc

And for our newbies I live in Toronto.

squicken

Yep.

The problem is I don't know who's out there who's better than Weeden. Maybe they bring in Alex Smith in free agency, but I don't know if Smith has a better arm than Weeden either. Chud wants a guy who can exploit the vertical passing game.

I guess we'll see.

Ah, sports radio. Now's the slow time in Oklahoma.

I'm living through you, Browns-Age.

Patriots media are saying Mallett trade could be in play. He's close with that staff and Belichick hired his son

Top Bottom