• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

LevelNth

Banned
As much as I think Chip Kelly actually will succeed in the NFL, IMO the Browns hands down won this year's new staff roulette.

Chud with Norv and Horton? That is a damn solid triad.

KingGondo

Banned
Patriots media are saying Mallett trade could be in play. He's close with that staff and Belichick hired his son
I guess that would make sense.

I think it's more important that they draft well and fill in their other holes first. They can get by with Weeden for now.

They need another solid pass rusher (hopefully Moore or Werner), some help in the secondary (maybe through free agency) and a true #1 receiver.

jakncoke

Banned
Your story of falling in love with the Browns could happen to Gondo too with Weeden. We've had plenty of Qbs for everyone!
TL9!

Gondo aint no real fan, as soon as Weeden retires, dies or is forced into a retirement home he'll lifelong another team that his Ok St players are on.

edit; dp what is this sorcery, post faster noobs

Mrbob

What I'm worry about is the defense. I think its time for change. Not 3-4 or anything just something new. Cover 2 works but its time for change while we welcome this new era.

Maybe in the future. But for the next couple seasons the team should try to keep the defensive philosophy the same. The defense wasn't the problem last year. Even if they are getting older now, they can still play at relatively high level. Look at the Ravens. They've been older than the Bears D for years, but they can still play and keep their team in the game.

Gondo aint no real fan, as soon as Weeden retires, dies or is forced into a retirement home he'll lifelong another team that his Ok St players are on.

edit; dp what is this sorcery, post faster noobs
If he gets traded I'm afraid he he'll leave me :/
banner and lurie were childhood friends?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Were you around for the Kelly Holcomb playoff game against the Steelers or did you find Brownslove after?

Nope. I've only been a fan of the NFL and Browns for about 5-6 years roughly.

Only things I really knew about the NFL before that time was Tom Brady kept winning Super Bowls and everyone hated him.

Oh and "wide right".

TheFatOne

Patriots media are saying Mallett trade could be in play. He's close with that staff and Belichick hired his son

I wonder what the Pats could get for Mallet. I'm assuming they would want at least a 2nd round pick, but I don't see any team doing that. Is the draft that weak for QBs this year that a team would be willing to trade for Mallet?

Nope. I've only been a fan of the NFL and Browns for about 5-6 years roughly.

Only things I really knew about the NFL before that time was Tom Brady kept winning Super Bowls and everyone hated him.

Oh and "wide right".

So you weren't around for '95-'99, luckily. At least the Indians were good then and the Jake was fun to go to (if you could get in).

KingGondo

Banned
Nah man. I'm still willing to stick with the Browns as long as they don't fuck up the ownership transition. I think Chud is promising and I think Haslam's heart is in the right place.

This first draft is crucial.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think Skip Bayless's article about Flacco is pretty good:

Link Here

A few of his points really hit home in my love/hate (just added the love part recently) relationship with Joe Flacco

Flacco has 19 games with a QBR under 20, tied with Sanchez for the most since 2008. Yet incredibly, Flacco also has 19 games over 80. The only other QB with seven over 90 and seven under 10 is the wildly erratic Jay Cutler. Flacco has often been even better than Cutler and sometimes even worse.

and

More than just in performance, Flacco has never quite seemed to fit as a Raven. In a team picture of men you do not mess with -- Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata -- Flacco is a glaringly obvious Waldo. It's as if "The Expendables" chose a gangly new 6-foot-6 leader from "Revenge of the Nerds." On a team fueled by RayLew's fire-and-brimstone emotion, a team that talks tough and plays tougher, the guy playing the leadership position -- the quarterback -- comes off as an emotionless cipher. Flacco acts more like the punter.

I don't like the Mallet talk and I don't believe Banner would let him be our Qb, I'm still kind of convinced TD higher ups love the read option
edit: *the
Fucking apple spell check smh

effzee

Yep.

The problem is I don't know who's out there who's better than Weeden. Maybe they bring in Alex Smith in free agency, but I don't know if Smith has a better arm than Weeden either. Chud wants a guy who can exploit the vertical passing game.

I guess we'll see.

Vick.

That is if Kelly doesn't want him.

Banner and Lurie were childhood friends, banner must of stole his chick

Banner is the butt hurt one.

Banner had free reign as Lurie's sidekick for the longest time. After the Eagles started sputtering, even if they made the playoffs, it was clear some changes had to be made. They made the personnel moves they could have made. McNabb traded and some key core veterans were either allowed to leave or traded. Next in the FO it was GM Heckert and when none of these moves really changed the on field product it was either Banner or Reid.

Lurie chose to stick with Reid and though Banner stepped down, it is widely believed he was forced out. That plus he is upset that his protege Howie (what a terrible name) is now running the show.

Truth be told they all had their part in ruining the franchise. Banner, Heckert, Reid, and even Howie. Banne was just the top domino to fall first.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Maybe in the future. But for the next couple seasons the team should try to keep the defensive philosophy the same. The defense wasn't the problem last year. Even if they are getting older now, they can still play at relatively high level. Look at the Ravens. They've been older than the Bears D for years, but they can still play and keep their team in the game.

I hope Emery follows suit and jettisons the corpse of Brian Urlacher. No reason to waste cap space on a guy who can't play anymore. The defense needs to start reloading otherwise the Bears D is gonna start looking old and slow like that GB defense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Who would've thought that during championship week, we'd get more Browns lifelongs than Falcon and Raven fans combined?

Arent they all the same age? That should be a #gamechange ;)

They can all hit the #EarlyBirdSpecial at Denny's together. This is going to be magical.

Seeing the optimism of Browns fans is actually making me feel better. I would like to see Cleveland be good at something other than murder and depression.

MechDX

Listening to the office space soundtrack at my desk after turning in my 2 weeks. Damn it feels good being gangsta.

fuckina.jpg

brentech

What twitter app do you guys use? I have official twitter on my iPhone and nexus 7, but trying Plume on the nexus 7 right now - not really feeling like it adds anything or makes any functions easier.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Mike Lombardi is the same guy who hated the following picks by the Browns:

Josh Gordon - can't run in the nfl
Brandon Weeden - panic pick
Trent Richardson - panic pick
Joe Haden - not fast enough
Joe Thomas - taking joe over brady quinn is a mistake

brentech

So Mike Lombardi is the same guy who hated the following picks by the Browns:

Josh Gordon - can't run in the nfl
Brandon Weeden - panic pick
Trent Richardson - panic pick
Joe Haden - not fast enough
Joe Thomas - taking joe over brady quinn is a mistake
he better strike oil with his high picks this year.

KingGondo

Banned
When Haslam talked to "top people" around the league, they told him to hire Mike Lombardi.

Hint to Jimmy: They might not be telling you what's in your best interest.

When Haslam talked to "top people" around the league, they told him to hire Mike Lombardi.

Hint to Jimmy: They might not be telling you what's in your best interest.
Jimmy has some good relationships and friendships with owners, he was apart of the steelers organization for alittle

Top Bottom