• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

brentech

I hate the Cleveland Clinic signs behind them. Fuck that place. Bills have doubled for my remicade treatment since they took over my local hospital. And when I had to go to CC main campus it was the longest wait of my life for a scheduled appointment.

MechDX

So Mike Lombardi is the same guy who hated the following picks by the Browns:

Josh Gordon - can't run in the nfl
Brandon Weeden - panic pick
Trent Richardson - panic pick
Joe Haden - not fast enough
Joe Thomas - taking joe over brady quinn is a mistake

So the Browns are trading everyone and starting over again?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
After some of the horrible picks of the last couple of years, I ain't even mad at the Lombardi hire. I'm more concerned about whether we switch to the 3-4 defense.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
At least from what I'm reading it feels more like Lombardi is going to set up the scouting department more than make picks himself.

KingGondo

Banned
I do think there have been some questionable picks in the last couple of years.

I don't necessarily question WHO they picked, but they did poorly in terms of maximizing value. Picking Richardson 3rd overall was a stretch (especially since they traded up for him when they didn't have to) and they almost certainly could've gotten Weeden in the second round.

Fantomex

At least from what I'm reading it feels more like Lombardi is going to set up the scouting department more than make picks himself.

So basically he's gonna pick people with his type of philosophy when drafting...I Don't think thats a good thing Kave.

That's like being happy that Ryan Leaf is the new QB coach.

KingGondo

Banned
I firmly believe their were other people willing to trade up for the number 3 pick
Then they should have just taken Blackmon or somebody else at 4, and taken say, Doug Martin or someone else later on to fill the RB void. RB is so much less valuable than it used to be, and I'm still not convinced Richardson is a transcendent talent.

Unless he ends up being close to as good as Adrian Peterson, it was a stretch to pick him that high.

Kave man!!!! Gondo just stealthy dissed Richardson, he's out of the club bro! He's out!
tumblr_lngn6uRRdT1qii6tmo1_500.gif

I'm going to curl up in a ball now and rethink our GAFship Gondo, you brought this upon yourself

Fake Edit: yeasa Gordan rejoice

Then they should have just taken Blackmon or somebody else at 4, and taken say, Doug Martin or someone else later on to fill the RB void. RB is so much less valuable than it used to be, and I'm still not convinced Richardson is a transcendent talent.

Unless he ends up being close to as good as Adrian Peterson, it was a stretch to pick him that high.

Certainly in hindsight I agree with you. I probably wouldn't have taken Richardson at 3, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to have done better :p.

KingGondo

Banned
Kave man!!!! Gondo just stealthy dissed Richardson, he's out of the club bro! He's out!

I'm going to curl up in a ball now and rethink our GAFship Gondo, you brought this upon yourself
Would you not agree that picking an RB in the top 10 (much less the top 5) is extremely risky in today's NFL?

I love T-Rich, I just question whether he was worth a pick that could've been Blackmon or Kuechly.

Ok Gondo I'm just going to say this i hate Blackmon and I'm glad we didnt draft him, I think he's a Dbag. I'm also pretty sure he made many little jabs at Cleveland during the draft process. And don't even bring up that story of him and that little girl, he's a Dbag.

Regarding to Martin I did love him during the Draft him and Richardson were one two for me.

KingGondo

Banned
Ok Gondo I'm just going to say this i hate Blackmon and I'm glad we didnt draft him, I think he's a Dbag. I'm also pretty sure he made many little jabs at Cleveland during the draft process. And don't even bring up that story of him and that little girl, he's a Dbag.
Justin Blackmon is an excellent football player and an upstanding American.

The fact that he played at OSU does not color how I view him in any way whatsoever.

effzee

Some talk on Philly sports radio that Alex Smith might be the starting QB here next season.

Saying Foles might be traded (possibly to KC) and Vick is owed too much money and is too old.

I really hope Kelly modifies his offense enough where he can still bring what made his system so great at OU but also recognizes that you still need a top 10 QB in the league to compete at the highest level. Meaning don't go after Dixon.

Tamanon

Banned
And we better use Cecil Shorts more this next season. He wasn't even a starter until halfway through the season and kid's got talent.

Some talk on Philly sports radio that Alex Smith might be the starting QB here next season.

Saying Foles might be traded (possibly to KC) and Vick is owed too much money and is too old.

I really hope Kelly modifies his offense enough where he can still bring what made his system so great at OU but also recognizes that you still need a top 10 QB in the league to compete at the highest level. Meaning don't go after Dixon.

I am so worried about them getting small hands. Just look at the 9ers offense with CK, it is a million times better now. Alex is a frightened little coward who cant throw down the field. I guess if you are going to waste a year or 2 until you get a real QB he would be as good at wasting time as the other guys. Vick is the only option with any real upside but he is so old and beat up I doubt he has much left.

I am so worried about them getting small hands. Just look at the 9ers offense with CK, it is a million times better now. Alex is a frightened little coward who cant throw down the field. I guess if you are going to waste a year or 2 until you get a real QB he would be as good at wasting time as the other guys. Vick is the only option with any real upside but he is so old and beat up I doubt he has much left.

Other than the money don't see much point in dumping Vick for Smith.

Yep. Hopefully Vick will restructure if that is th route they go. No reason to have to either trade something to the 9ers for Smith, or give him decent money as a FA. None of these guys are going to be the Eagles QB in 2 years anyways.

jakncoke

Banned
Nah man. I'm still willing to stick with the Browns as long as they don't fuck up the ownership transition. I think Chud is promising and I think Haslam's heart is in the right place.

This first draft is crucial.

If you stick with them past Weeden i'll give you mad props

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, what's the odds that the Browns go with an Olineman in the 1st round. Need more blocking ability to help Trent dominate.

effzee

Yeah but some people seem to believe Vick is as good as gone.

It all depends on what variation of his own offense he wants to run. If he wants to use Foles as trade bait and use a veteran as a placeholder for a QB he drafts this year or the next draft, then might as well keep Vick. No point in Alex Smith since he won't be the answer for the future anyway. Keep Vick, run a power running game with the trio they already have and run a variation of the read option that Wilson and RG3 run. Vick is injury and turnover prone but it didn't help that Reid's offense offered zero protection.

If you keep Foles you can still run heavy but more a offense closer to what the Patriots do. Very fast tempo where you get a play off almost ever 20-24 seconds.

I can see both working so long as Kelly is smart enough to recognize strengths and weaknesses.

Third option would be that the QB he wants right away is not on the roster.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
none unless we trade down, doubt we take a OG that high. Also I think well try and fill the need during FA maybe get Schwartz brother

Naaaw, but Qb needy teams will be desperate

chance-warmack-321x288.jpg

It calls out to you. You know what needs to be done.

Top Bottom