• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

effzee

On some of the moves Chip and the Eagles are making assembling the staff...

Chip Kelly was expected to bring some of his favorite people from Oregon with him to the Philadelphia Eagles and it appears as if he has plucked another of his Oregon guys. According to The Register Guard, James Harris will make the jump to the NFL with Kelly, leaving his post as chief of staff with the Ducks to become an assistant general manager with the Eagles.
Harris started with Oregon in 2007 as a nutritionist and was named chief of staff last season. He's been called a mentor by a slew of Oregon players, who say that he has helped them adjust to college life and being an adult. It is expected that Harris will help Kelly with personnel decisions, but more so with teaching the players life skills.
Several other Oregon staffers could also join Kelly in Philadelphia. Jerry Azzinaro, who was the assistant head coach in Eugene, will likely be the Eagles' defensive line coach, while Greg Austin, Matthew Harper and Todd Lyght are all expected to be hired by Philadelphia in some roles.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/18/3891298/chip-kelly-james-harris-eagles-oregon-football

Don't know what to make of it. On the one hand Oregon fans are pretty upset at losing this guy. He was primarily their nutritionist but he is accredited with being a great guy to have around the players, someone who kept everyone in shape, and was ahead of the game in terms of pre and post workout nutrition.

But I am concerned that Chip is bringing too many college guys who have zero NFL experience. I do love that he is all about building a program from top to bottom more so than just revitalizing the offense. I'd just like a good mix of veteran and young coaches. Still these guys make only a small fraction of the staff. Dying to see what they do at DC and OC.

effzee

Marty is the opposite of Rex, I dont get what they are thinking at all with this move.

Rex did mention in season ending (after the week of vacation) press conference that the ground and pound mentality no longer applies to his current roster as constructed and that they needed to become more aggressive and explosive.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Then just fire him. This year is going to be a disaster.

sanchezttu9r.gif

This is the Jets.

effzee

Rex is a lame duck coach who has no influence on shit.

Really? From his and the owners speeches it seemed and sounded like a new beginning for Rex. As if all the things holding the team back, the GM, the OC, and the philosophy were all let go for this new fresh start. Rex acted more like a new hire than a man going into his 5th season.

Godslay

Banned
Its in relation to what happened in this thread, I said sweet to devo getting banned. timedog was banned at the same time, when he got unbanned like 5 days later or something he quoted me and said something lol. So blocking her, he going to come after you! or you're wife!

Really?

Well I guess he can come at me then.

Welcome back Andres! You kabron.

Narag

Its in relation to what happened in this thread, I said sweet to devo getting banned. timedog was banned at the same time, when he got unbanned like 5 days later or something he quoted me and said something lol. So blocking her, he going to come after you! or you're wife!

I think I liked him better as embarrassing gimmick poster rather than internet white knight.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd like to see Lacy in an all-star game. I know he has power and decent speed. I have no idea about his vision. Every time I watched him play, 'Bama was opening up holes my grandma could get through with her walker and oxygen tank.

I'd like to see him play healthy more often. And people will be surprised with his top end speed, considering he's up around 230 lbs.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm not liking the news coming out of Chicago that the former Jacksonville Jaguars defensive coordinator Mel Tucker is in line for the Bears job. Rather just promote Hoke from within than bring in this bum.

LaCanfora and Michael C Wright have both confirmed that this deal is dead. So Trestman's main staff is complete.

eznark

Banned
I'm not liking the news coming out of Chicago that the former Jacksonville Jaguars defensive coordinator Mel Tucker is in line for the Bears job. Rather just promote Hoke from within than bring in this bum.

It's amusing that Marinelli would rather take a demotion an coach the Dallas defensive line than watch his career crash and burn under a CFL side show.

brentech

Wow NBC Nightly News with the heavy hand defense of Manti Teo. I mean, full scale all out defense of him.
same with ESPN this afternoon. Didn't seem to be questioning the story anymore, just simply stating that he got duped by some kid and how others have been duped by the same kid about the same girl.

tmdorsey

blowing out the falcons in the Super Bowl sounds boring. no one would care about a small market team getting hammered

I want the niners

You seriously called Atlanta a small market?

Anyway, FMT 2 days till the old NFC West matchup. Believe me, we haven't forgotten the Montana/Rice and Young/Rice beatdowns. Hopefully this game turns like the last time we saw the 9ers in the playoffs!

EDIT:Welcome back Andres, but stop talking bad about Smith. Set a record for few penalties committed and has done nothing be win since he's been here

Wow NBC Nightly News with the heavy hand defense of Manti Teo. I mean, full scale all out defense of him.

same with ESPN this afternoon. Didn't seem to be questioning the story anymore, just simply stating that he got duped by some kid and how others have been duped by the same kid about the same girl.

Once the ND athletic director held his press conference, it was clear that ND would be using all of their resources to build up their defense of Teo and the school. ESPN (Disney and ABC) is in bed with the BCS and NBC has a monster contract with ND, they will tread lightly or not at all when it comes to revealing the truth about this story.

You seriously called Atlanta a small market?

Anyway, FMT 2 days till the old NFC West matchup. Believe me, we haven't forgotten the Montana/Rice and Young/Rice beatdowns. Hopefully this game turns like the last time we saw the 9ers in the playoffs!

EDIT:Welcome back Andres, but stop talking bad about Smith. Set a record for few penalties committed and has done nothing be win since he's been here

2 days indeed. i haven't forgotten garrisons broken ankle!

this is a strange game for me as a fan because it's hard for me to give a shit about the falcons. i have no extra ill will towards them aside from something that happened 14 years ago, and even that is a stretch. we've only played the falcons a couple times in the past 5 or 6 years. hoping our DB's remember to cover up the ball if we get any picks since roddy has stripped our DB's in the past 2 matchups after picks.

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers have turned up the music during practices this week to prepare them for the noise that potentially cause a distraction for their offense Sunday in the NFC Championship Game.

The 49ers are hoping that preparation time will be wasted at the Georgia Dome.

A large contingent of 49ers fans are expected to attend Sunday's game at the home of the Atlanta Falcons. And there still appears to be plenty of room for many other 49ers fans to land tickets to the game.

Currently, there are more than 7,000 tickets available for purchase on NFL Ticket Exchange and Stubhub.com. Prices on Ticket Exchange start at $125, while Stubhub has tickets available for as low as $152.

Last week, an announced crowd of 70,366 watched in the Georgia Dome as the top-seeded Falcons advanced with a 30-28 victory in an NFC semifinal over the Seattle Seahawks.

The 49ers are scheduled to wrap up their final full practice Friday at 1:15 p.m. The club will then board buses at 2:30 p.m. that will take them to the airport for their chartered flight to Atlanta.

i am SHOCKED that an atlanta based sports team can't sell out a playoff game! this is unprecedented!

p.s.

i realize this is on ticket exchange/stubhub but we all know that the falcons bought up those tickets and are trying to re-sell them at a profit!

LaCanfora and Michael C Wright have both confirmed that this deal is dead. So Trestman's main staff is complete.

Tucker isn't a bum. It is a good hire for the Bears.

LMAO!

I thought the Seattle exec would make a good GM but if this is his first official move than good luck.

Marty was an extension of Andy and probably even more extreme. The run game is a plague to him and he had McNabb, Kolb, Vick, and Foles all run the exact same offense where you pass close to 65% of the time out of the shotgun while also doing play fakes with a terrible OLINE.

LOL JETS!

:jnc @ thinking he had any actual say.

tmdorsey

i am SHOCKED that an atlanta based sports team can't sell out a playoff game! this is unprecedented!

p.s.

i realize this is on ticket exchange/stubhub but we all know that the falcons bought up those tickets and are trying to re-sell them at a profit!

Best believe sir the hype in this city is growing by the minute for this game. Last week's game was insane, the dome was the loudest it's ever been. I hope your team is prepared for what they bout to come into. Haha.

Rise Up! MFers!! Rise Up!!

Top Bottom