• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Best believe sir the hype in this city is growing by the minute for this game. Last week's game was insane, the dome was the loudest it's ever been. I hope your team is prepared for what they bout to come into. Haha.

Rise Up! MFers!! Rise Up!!

Some dude called in to 680 the fan yesterday around 3:30pm to do Falcons NFC championship trivia. He went by the name of Dorsey. Was it you?

lol

Hype is wild for real though

Best believe sir the hype in this city is growing by the minute for this game. Last week's game was insane, the dome was the loudest it's ever been. I hope your team is prepared for what they bout to come into. Haha.

Rise Up! MFers!! Rise Up!!

not too concerned about the noise. playing indoors actually benefits THIS 49ers offense because of kaps speed.

i like how the falcons are talking like they have it "figured out". i heard the samethings from green bay last week. falcons are actually very similar to green bay on defense in a lot of categories:

ATL D:
PPG: 5th
YPG: 24th
Rush: 21st
Pass: 23rd

GB D:
PPG: 11th
YPG: 11th
Rush: 11th
Pass: 17th

what we don't know, and may never know, is what the 49ers actual gameplan against green bay was. we know what ended up happening but did we run the pistol on 32/77 offensive snaps because that is what we intended to do or because the packers were so inept at defending it that our coaching staff said "fuck it keep using it until they stop it". i would be surprised if we ran the pistol/read option as much against the falcons. if we run it anywhere near that it means good things for us because i think it means the falcons aren't doing very well against it.

as for the falcons offense, i don't know. if we can't get to matt ryan it will be a long day. if they get their run game going it will be a long day. i feel better about playing a pocket passer than a scrambler/fast QB because we've done well this year against pocket passers but those are tough WR's and carlos rogers sucks dick

HylianTom

Banned
i am SHOCKED that an atlanta based sports team can't sell out a playoff game! this is unprecedented!

p.s.

i realize this is on ticket exchange/stubhub but we all know that the falcons bought up those tickets and are trying to re-sell them at a profit!

My NFC Championship tickets cost $650 apiece back in 2009; they were up in the Superdome's nosebleed section. I bought them the night after the Saints trounced the Patriots on Monday Night Football.. it was that game where Brady and Beli were on the sidelines in the fourth quarter with that Boris-and-Natasha-flavored "Umm.. what the hell just happened?" looks on their faces. After that game, I was metaphysically certain that we were going to go all the way.

This is putting me in the mood to watch our post-season run again. I usually do my marathon session around this time each year. Feels like it was just yesterday when Mom was yelling at Joe Buck "Your National Car commercials SUCK!" as he walked into the media entrance of the 'Dome.

Go 49ers! :)

not too concerned about the noise. playing indoors actually benefits THIS 49ers offense because of kaps speed.

i like how the falcons are talking like they have it "figured out". i heard the samethings from green bay last week. falcons are actually very similar to green bay on defense in a lot of categories:

ATL D:

GB D:

what we don't know, and may never know, is what the 49ers actual gameplan against green bay was. we know what ended up happening but did we run the pistol on 32/77 offensive snaps because that is what we intended to do or because the packers were so inept at defending it that our coaching staff said "fuck it keep using it until they stop it". i would be surprised if we ran the pistol/read option as much against the falcons. if we run it anywhere near that it means good things for us because i think it means the falcons aren't doing very well against it.

as for the falcons offense, i don't know. if we can't get to matt ryan it will be a long day. if they get their run game going it will be a long day. i feel better about playing a pocket passer than a scrambler/fast QB because we've done well this year against pocket passers but those are tough WR's and carlos rogers sucks dick
This is exactly what happened. They went in at halftime and said "WTF, they think the QB's red jersey is an actual practice red jersey". Meanwhile, Dom Capers took a halftime nap.

e: Found my first NFL-GAF post. I would like to renew it for this week:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8394383&postcount=532
One prediction... well actually it's a wish more than a prediction

Someone VS Brady's knee

etiolate

Banned
I would hope the Niners simplify things early on. Seattle's stadium is louder than Atlanta's stadium. You can try running early on and then open it up in the second half. When the Niners simplified their offense in the second half of the last Seattle game, things went a lot better.

Harbs and Roman like to try to take deep shots early on with Kaep, but I imagine Atlanta will be sitting on that. I'd like to see LeMichael James used a bit more in this game.

Is he really that bad?

for being our "#1 CB" yes he is. motherfucker always seems out of position, and then when someone inevitably scores a TD on him he points to our safety or someone else like "hey i thought you had him wtf!"

i consider carlos rogers to be trash. 1 int all year and 7 passes defensed. and when another team goes into 3/4 wide sets, he covers the slot receiver so its not like he's taking on calvin or whatever #1 WR in most instances.

maybe i'm being too harsh on him but all i see is him getting torched

Just watched the Lombardi press conference. Thought it was funny he was well aware of the negative reaction Browns fans have of him coming back. Heard some encouraging things, he will not solely be picking the players, and we'll see if he learned anything from NFL Netwoek.

What I'm happy about is us hiring Ray Horton. ;) Had a feeling he'd sign with us. Thank you based Banner. We're putting together a pretty solid coaching staff.

does the new Total Recall suck complete balls or did i go into the movie wanting to hate it and not give it a fair chance? started watching it and i'm already disliking it early in the movie

JCizzle

for being our "#1 CB" yes he is. motherfucker always seems out of position, and then when someone inevitably scores a TD on him he points to our safety or someone else like "hey i thought you had him wtf!"

i consider carlos rogers to be trash. 1 int all year and 7 passes defensed. and when another team goes into 3/4 wide sets, he covers the slot receiver so its not like he's taking on calvin or whatever #1 WR in most instances.

maybe i'm being too harsh on him but all i see is him getting torched

He's fucking horrible on slot guys, yet he seems to keep getting matched up on them for some reason.

He's fucking horrible on slot guys, yet he seems to keep getting matched up on them for some reason.

let us not forget he has dropped key int's all season. dropped what would have probably been a 100+ yard taint against the giants, dropped an easy pick against wussle that could have gotten us back into the game, pretty sure there were other instances too

tmdorsey

Some dude called in to 680 the fan yesterday around 3:30pm to do Falcons NFC championship trivia. He went by the name of Dorsey. Was it you?

lol

Hype is wild for real though

Wasn't me but that's funny.

ATL D:

GB D:

We will definitely be more disciplined on D than the Packers were. What lead to that big comeback for Seattle was the D was too focused on keeping Wilson contained and underestimated his ability to throw the ball and find an open receiver.

The line scrimmage as usual is going to be key in this game. If we can't run the ball we are done. Likewise if we can't stop the run we are dead.

I was super optimistic about the Browns and Jimmy Haslam. Then they hired Mike Lombardi as the GM. Fuck.

He's not the GM. They made that abundantly clear. I'm okay with his role.

Also, No a million times to Barkley. I'd rather trade for Mallet. Still, I think Norv can help Weeden.

Looking at the 2011 offseason thread during the draft and seeing Pats fans mad about the Solder pick is weird now.Solder has been solid this year and should be pretty good the rest of his career.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just watched the Lombardi press conference. Thought it was funny he was well aware of the negative reaction Browns fans have of him coming back. Heard some encouraging things, he will not solely be picking the players, and we'll see if he learned anything from NFL Netwoek.

What I'm happy about is us hiring Ray Horton. ;) Had a feeling he'd sign with us. Thank you based Banner. We're putting together a pretty solid coaching staff.

I hear ya. Don't go to the OBR forums though. Dudes there are ready to jump off the ledge.

It's insane.

I hear ya. Don't go to the OBR forums though. Dudes there are ready to jump off the ledge.

It's insane.

See, the ironic thing is before my account was approved here, that was my Browns forum. lol I'll still always love the guys, they're just slightly less jump of a bridge that the cleveland.com fellas. ;)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm amazed at you guys being able to go that far back. The furthest I apparently can go back on my posts are 2012. :(

well, looks like another awesome offseason for the niners. the best move of the offseason was NOT signing a bum ass veteran QB who would only stunt the growth of future hall of famers Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey. Rattay is montana, Dorsey is steve young. wow, what a tough call on who to start.... i feel bad for erickson. a great problem to have, but a problem nonetheless. i'll go out on a limb and say the niners will go 19-0 (counting playoffs) this year. and if last years prediction was any indication, i'm going to be getting PAID BIG TIME LADIES!

g_terrel_ft.jpg

p.s. the 49ers superbowl petition will possibly return, this time tagliabue cannot ignore us

:jnc x1000

My first post in NFL-GAF

He's still my GOAT, damnit!

Top Bottom