• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

RBH

130118_DBlock_SmithBryant.jpg

I want that throwback Falcons hoodie that Mike Smith is wearing!

Falcons-GAF (or anyone else), please me help find it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jesus how did you guys go back and find that? :jnc

Also wow listening to this Jim Nantz interview. He's going hard at the Cleveland media (Tony Grossi) and everyone else about his pal Mike Lombardi.

Well it helped that my first post on GAF was in NFL GAF.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
http://prod.static.falcons.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/ATL/videos/AF2012/tv_dblock/130118_DBlock_SmithBryant.jpg[img]

I want that throwback Falcons hoodie that Mike Smith is wearing!

Falcons-GAF (or anyone else), please me help find it.[/QUOTE]

I like it as well but I could only find it in white :(

[url]http://www.google.com/shopping/product/4527136298729176331?q=ATLANTA%20FALCONS%20HOODIE%20THROWBACK&sa=X&ei=7gH6UJrKGoH68QSCooGIDw&ved=0CEsQvxMwAA[/url]

Godslay

Banned
I'm amazed at you guys being able to go that far back. The furthest I apparently can go back on my posts are 2012. :(

Earliest post of yours that I could find...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12980505&postcount=615

The last few years I've been a very casual fan of the NFL. Watching games here and there and trying to learn as much of the sport as I could. Finally I decided this year that I was going to take the plunge and choose a team I could grow with...I chose the Cleveland Browns...

Despite this choice I'm having a lot of fun. :D

Godslay

Banned
Bowlen will give Tebow a shot after Orton. From what I understand he liked the pick (at the time of course) and has stated that Tebow was the future at QB. Things can change, and they certainly have.

I still think that Bowlen views Tebow in a different light than Orton and Quinn. Specifically, as the future QB of the franchise. Orton and Quinn buy sometime for his development.

Found this little gem.

I was drinking the kool-aid pretty heavy at the time. I wasn't wrong, per se, but Tebow certainly wasn't the future once John came back to town.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Haha the memories of going checking your own post history. My first NFL GAF post I guess was responding to FMT about the Niners potentially trading up and drafting Reggie Bush.

Who do you guys have at back? Bush would instantly legitimize your offense I think. At least in the NFC West.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78678&page=66

Key words: "At least in the NFC West."

Second post from the summer of 2006 was letting people know the Lions bandwagon would be leaving the station shortly:

Lion's will gel this year and go 10-6. It's been a long time coming but I finally think we have the coaching staff to keep our good talented young players on check.

:(((((

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111991&page=3

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This. I do remember you fuckers calling me a lifelong and me like the noob i was getting very offended and Wellington(mod at time) telling me to chill

Yeah I can't believe he died

GB @ DAL

Sunday
DET @ MIN
SEA @ PHI
SD @ KC
NYJ @ MIA
JAC @ IND
SF @ CAR
HOU @ TEN
ATL @ STL
BUF @ WAS
CLE @ ARI
DEN @ OAK
NYG @ CHI
TB @ NO
CIN @ PIT

Monday
NE @ BAL

I wish Baltimore was good enough to knock off NEP as I'm sick of the 16-0 talk.

ZZMitch

How do you guys feel about the Rooney Rule?

Discussions have been happening in the media since minority coaches fell from 8 to 3 after the season and no new minority coaches were hired, especially when there were some that probably deserved a new team (Lovie Smith for example).

I am not sure how I feel about the rule itself, except that it helps minority coaches get their name out, but the loss of minority talent as coaches this year is saddening.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Da fuck? How?

Damn I came in just after Sean Taylor murder :/
When you search, choose "in ascending order".

Discussions have been happening in the media since minority coaches fell from 8 to 3 after the season and no new minority coaches were hired, especially when there were some that probably deserved a new team (Lovie Smith for example).

I am not sure how I feel about the rule itself, except that it helps minority coaches get their name out, but the loss of minority talent as coaches this year is saddening.

It's working even better than planned. /ez

Rorschach

Kave_Man said:
I chose the Cleveland Browns
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
Kave_Man said:
nhrlU01.gif

BigAT

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
Andy Reid wins 4 games and everybody wants him Lovie smith wins 10 games and can't get a job.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't think theres an inherent problem with the rule.

Reality of this offseason was that there was a fundamental shift to hiring offensive minded coaches to fill HC slots (and yet the Jets still keep Rex Ryan go fucking figure). There was literally only 1 minority offensive playcaller this season and he stepped in mid-season (Caldwell).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I'd say the lack of minority coaches is due to the fact that the strong candidates tend to be defensive minded coaches i.e. Lovie Smith, Arizona DC etc. and not offensive minds, which is the way the league is/has been shifting.

Personally I would've gone with Lovie Smith over Chip Kelly but that's just me. Overall its much-ado about nothing. A team will hire who they feel is the best candidate to coach their team regardless of race.

The oldest posts I can find (1000 posts from a year ago) is a post about the 2007 undefeated Patriots facing the Giants in the regular season.

they have the best shot of all the teams remaining to take them down, and i'm sure that they will want the record badly. dolphins are in their division and it's the one thing we always go back to whenever any bostonian brings up patriots and the post season. plus, boston sports have a whole lot of pride. also the way they've been running up scores it seems they want to break records this year.

but that aside, giants should be playing for wild card at that point and they can expose the one weakness the patriots offense has. Indy exposed this weakness but peyton decided not to play like peyton in the second half. giants d-line can get to brady and stop that offense, the test will be on eli and plaxico against the pats defense.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ZZMitch

The oldest posts I can find (1000 posts from a year ago) is a post about how the 2007 undefeated Patriots are gonna lose to the Giants in the regular season because out of all the teams left on their schedule the Giants have the best shot at beating them because of how great their DLine plays and their offense's ability to score a lot of points from time to time.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One of life's greatest moments.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Only Kave_Man would choose the Browns. Probably because he is used to shitty teams that lose in Toronto, even when taking big leads into the 4th quarter, and couldn't choose a winning team because it is a foreign concept.

I'm just bitter

I tried to talk Wes out of it, but he loves his losers as well.

Losers lose. /battered wife

ari

Banned
Plenty of teams have the right resources to find Lovie an offensive coordinator. I am shock that some of these teams didn't take him seriously but only interviewed him to get the rooney rule out the way. Meh, hope he go college or something.

My first post was during the lockout. I was waiting for approval over a year, damn.

The arrival

Immediately came in and started arguing with Bionic. Fuck the Steelers, even though they are now as relevant as the Browns.

jakncoke

Banned
picked from week 14 thread 2007, im not sure if he was joking or serious. either way :me

Look on the bright side bears fans, you guys get a top ten draft pick. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES?????? STAR WIDE RECEIVER, STAR Defensive player, COLT BRENNAN FROM HAWAII. Not to mention the rest of the draft to get a younger o-line and defensive players. DID I MENTION COLT BRENNAN FROM HAWAII!!!!!!

bears will almost certainly fire bobach and turner for damn sure now. Theres no way in hell a superbowl caliber defense and an average offense turn into a wasteland of mediocrity in a span of a pregnancy.

adam archlolta will get cut, grossman will go to the niners (of course the niners won't even get him because they are a bunch of idiots),lance briggs will be gone for major salary cap space, and kyle ortan will be the bears possible future.

DID I MENTION YOU GUYS COULD GET COLT BRENNAN FROM HAWAII.

now, all you have to do is just tank the rest of the season and i'm pretty sure you can get a top ten draft pick.

dolphins,jets,niners, and falcons might get him before you guys but i'm pretty sure a good qb will be there. :)

Top Bottom