• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Some day people will look back at these threads and be like, "How fucking depressing. These weirdos posted hundreds of times in these weekly NFL threads saying the same dumb jokes about tacos and racists.".

JABEE

Some day people will look back at these threads and be like, "How fucking depressing. These weirdos posted hundreds of times in these weekly NFL threads saying the same dumb jokes about tacos and racists.".

I don't even know if you would have to be in the future to make that judgement.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
And posting the same gif. Oh we all know what gif that is.
buttfumble.gif

JABEE

This is an exception to BannedEpisode's line of thinking.

This GIF is a part of our collective culture that should be cherished and protected for generations to come. There is no shame in the repetition of the Sanchez Butt Fumbles use. It is something we all should be proud of. Except for Sanchez.

Oh god, NFL Network is showing this "Guardians" kid cartoon, and the Mayor of Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Josh Cribbs and a young Jim Brown are fighting the Silver Surfer who fires bubbles upon the citizens of Cleveland. >_>

squicken

Oh god, NFL Network is showing this "Guardians" kid cartoon, and the Mayor of Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Josh Cribbs and a young Jim Brown are fighting the Silver Surfer who fires bubbles upon the citizens of Cleveland. >_>

I'm waiting for the episode where Brees and Vilma use their bounty money to help enlist Ray Nagin in pushing through those Superdome upgrades

verbum

Idzik, the fourth GM in Woody Johnson's 13 years as Jets' owner, inherits a 6-10 team, a possible lame-duck coach, a lean roster with a handful of immovable contracts, and a polarizing quarterback in Tim Tebow.

"I am honored and extremely excited to be joining the New York Jets," said Idzik, who will be introduced at a news conference Thursday. "I am eager to get started building on the foundation that is already in place."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8858112/new-york-jets-hire-john-idzik-new-general-manager-sources

Making lemonade.

verbum

Adam Schefter
Another college coach has turned pro. University of Miami OC Jedd Fisch will become Jaguars' OC, reuniting with Jacksonville HC Gus Bradley.

Good for them. Might make the Texans tighten up a bit.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
My guess is that  # Browns will bring in a QB to compete for the starting job. Alex Smith isn't available yet, but he loved Norv in SF '06.

john telich ‏ @ JohnTelich8
As much as some are feeling the Derek Anderson possibility, I am hearing Alex Smith rumblings.  # timewilltell  # browns
Can't wait to call him my own

Some interesting tweets I found on the OBR, because I'm all about bringing Browns talk to this thread.
P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
Some quick thoughts on the hires up in Cleveland...

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
1. Joe Banner is as respected and upstanding a man there is in this business. He hit a HOMERUN in all major hires made thus far.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
2. Chud/Norv Turner/Scott Turner/Ray Horton? You kidding? 32 of 32 NFL owners would be absolutely THRILLED with those additions. HOMERUNS.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
3. Mike Lombardi is an A+ hire.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
Jimmy Haslam CLEANED UP this off-season. Be happy, Browns fans. Be excited. Seriously. CELEBRATE. This was a tremendous start to off-season.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
If you asked me to pick any available OC and DC, I'm telling you Norv Turner and Ray Horton. Not much else you can ask for.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
And don't let one grizzled beat writer sway your opinions on this staff and front office. The Browns have stunk forever. Change is good.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
And if that beat writer had as much influence as he thinks, they wouldn't have hired Lombardi. Well, they did.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
Mike Holmgren didn't LIVE in Cleveland. Tom Heckert traded UP to draft a running back. This was an org headed SOUTH. Cheer up. Seriously.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
I hate to sound so pro-Browns, but the incredible doom and gloom around the Chud, Norv, and Lombardi hires are beyond illogical.

(Not sure how many are down on the Chud/Norv hires, although there was that sentiment at first.)

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
Mike Holmgren didn't live in Cleveland. Heckert traded the Julio Jones pick when the Browns didn't have a real receiver on the roster.

(Hey! He and Grossi can agree on something.)

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
I just can't grasp the fan disapointment over changing the front office. The Browns have been cellar dwellers for years. Today's a good day.

P. Schrager ‏ @ PSchrags
Ok, enough on Browns. I'll clean up the drool and get back to work. But I assure you Balt/Cinc/Pitt front offices aren't doing flips today.

squicken

The Bears didnt seriously hire Matt Cavanaugh did they? Is that a real thing that happened??

Holy shit Bears.

Did you see the press release? They completely omitted 2010 and 2011. Must be nice to have 2.5 terrible franchises in your division

edit: That's a great point that guy is making, BlackGhost. Maybe Lombardi isn't all that good, but he can't be as bad as Holmgren at running a draft and making trades. And Chud will really have to be work to worse than Shurmur. Doubt Steelers and Ravens fans are scared, but they are less sure of the two wins than they were a week ago

eznark

Banned
Did you see the press release? They completely omitted 2010 and 2011. Must be nice to have 2.5 terrible franchises in your division

They have now entrusted their franchise to guys who have ruined the QBs they have spent the most time with. Mind boggling decisions.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Some interesting tweets I found on the OBR, because I'm all about bringing Browns talk to this thread.

Wow Grossi is getting absolutely destroyed by a lot of media since Lombardi got hired.

I guess you were right about him possibly being a bit of a douche.

JCizzle

PFT:

If Crabtree did what he could end up being formally accused of doing, Crabtree will be facing a problem with Harbaugh. “He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women,” safety Donte Whitner said last year. “If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book. So other than putting your hands on women, you can do anything and come talk to him, and it’s true.”

Fjordson

Can't believe Crabbles would go out and do some dumb shit like that during the playoffs. What a lowlife.

EDIT: If the allegations end up being true I mean.

Top Bottom