• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

I've watched the game three times and say about 5 plays where they had a spy. Twice they used Matthews twice Woodson and the other times other LBs. it wasn't something they did with any sort of regularity or consistency and Capers said it wasn't part of the game plan going in.

Assigning a spy on 7% of defensive snaps is hardly meaningful.

There was another play (third and long where Kaep scrambled for the first) that it looked like Clay was supposed to spy but he blitzed. So maybe 6.

Just because your dumb fuck players didn't execute the play doesn't mean it wasn't called. Kap was spyed plenty but it didn't matter because he is a superior talent

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You're a Browns fan, the question should be "was I sober?"

Someone slipped a mickey into the bagged milk that day.

As drunk as you were when you decide to root for the Browns.

sadmowillams.gif

eznark

Banned
Just because your dumb fuck players didn't execute the play doesn't mean it wasn't called. Kap was spyed plenty but it didn't matter because he is a superior talent

Well, in this case it kind of does. Capers and the defense said they prepared and game planned for a pocket passer. If Atlanta is being less abjectly retarded than GB they won't be forced to try and make brain dead cro magnons try to adjust on the fly. He wasn't "spied plenty" go back and watch for yourself. Or look at the yards after contact. He didnt have to beat anyone to get yards because there was no one to beat. Packers played man underneath and left him unaccounted for 80-90% of that game and 99% on third downs.

I'm not in any way denigrating Kaepernick, but I really think you are giving the Packers defense way, way too much credit if you think they in any way prepared and planned for his unique skill set.

BigAT

Black Unicorn weighing in:

Martellus Bennett ‏@1987Marty
I'm pretty sure Lennay Kekua just delivered my pizza. But then again I didn't order a pizza. Or did I?

Well, in this case it kind of does. Capers and the defense said they prepared and game planned for a pocket passer. If Atlanta is being less abjectly retarded than GB they won't be forced to try and make brain dead cro magnons try to adjust on the fly.

I'm not in any way denigrating Kaepernick, but I really think you are giving the Packers defense way, way too much credit if you think they in any way prepared and planned for his unique skill set.

GB played a horrible defensive game. I'm just saying if you look at GB vs ATL D, gb has the better D on paper. Games aren't played on paper of course but Atls D didn't exactly set the world on fire last week either

JCizzle

I find it hilarious that the Packers were ill equipped to deal with a QB that spent the first half of the season playing in a black Tebow role. It's not like there wasn't tons of tape on him running. That said, I think a lot of analysts are dismissing CK's performance a bit too much simply because the Packers got run over. He'll obviously have significantly fewer rushing yards against ATL, but my hope is that it means more yards passing & rushing for LMJ and Gore.

eznark

Banned
GB played a horrible defensive game. I'm just saying if you look at GB vs ATL D, gb has the better D on paper. Games aren't played on paper of course but Atls D didn't exactly set the world on fire last week either

Yeah I don't disagree with you all I am saying is that even a day of prep work will go a long way. Also, Atlantas defense is a much better tackling team. Lots meaner than GB.

brentech

I'm just worried the falcons will be far better prepared to play Kaep. I think the Packers would still smoke the Falcons, but 49ers/Falcons had the potential to be a real game.

If the Falcons win, I'll be kind of pissed. Don't let me down SF.

I'm just worried the falcons will be far better prepared to play Kaep. I think the Packers would still smoke the Falcons, but 49ers/Falcons had the potential to be a real game.

I don't get the "packers weren't ready!" Excuse. They shut the read option down before and I find it hard to believe they didn't prepare for it at all but whatever

Talon

What did we do to you, Brenny? :(

eznark

Banned
I don't get the "packers weren't ready!" Excuse. They shut the read option down before and I find it hard to believe they didn't prepare for it at all but whatever

Watch a few plays. Pay attention to Walden and Matthews. Then tell me they did any prep for a running QB. I don't think Capers was lying when he says he got outcoached like a total cunt.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Kaep isn't going to react well in the dome if he turns the ball over.

The Niners fans won't fill up half of the dome like the Packers fans would.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Why do you want the Falcons to lose? I tend to default to pulling for whatever franchise hasn't won a ring before.

Talon

It's not really an excuse. For God knows what reason, they didn't bother setting the edge at all. Maybe Capers thought Reggie White was coming through the tunnel.

RIP Priest

tmdorsey

Falcons haven't used a spy under Nolan at all this year. It's a stupid strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL.

Goddamnit, Andres.

Yep. Our defense has more experience against QBs like Kap than most people seem to realize. Just this year we faced what Cam twice, Vick, RGIII, and Wilson. I'm confident the D will be prepared as they can be for Kap.

The Packers were ready. They were prepared and ready for Gore to get the ball each and every time the ball was handed off (or faked). Watching the NFLN breakdown of the game is hilarious. The Packers D literally bites on the fake every single damn time, even after being burnt repeatedly.

Yep. Our defense has more experience against QBs like Kap than most people seem to realize. Just this year we faced what Cam twice, Vick, RGIII, and Wilson. I'm confident the D will be prepared as they can be for Kap.

and they've failed against all of them. every QB (except RGIII, who went out with an injury) has had good to great success against the falcons D this year

Kaep isn't going to react well in the dome if he turns the ball over.

The Niners fans won't fill up half of the dome like the Packers fans would.

yeah i remember when kap made his first ever road start in new orleans against a saints team that could have been called the hottest team in the NFL. can't remember how it turned out though.... i'm sure kap completely folded and the saints rolled to victory and into the playoffs

AndresON777

shooting blanks
yeah i remember when kap made his first ever road start in new orleans against a saints team that could have been called the hottest team in the NFL. can't remember how it turned out though.... i'm sure kap completely folded and the saints rolled to victory and into the playoffs

Hottest team in the NFL at the time? They had the worst defense in history bro.

What happened against the Seachickens, again?

brentech

What did we do to you, Brenny? :(
It's what you didn't do, which is play a tough game against the Packers. I only want SF to win because had we been in their spot, we likely would roll Atlanta.

Having watched the Packers against SF, it's a joke to think they were prepared for Kaep. On the other hand, SF still had a good shot at beating us regardless of the read option (w/Alex at QB).

Kaep has a lot to prove as a passer still. He can make throws, but if he has to pass about 30 times I foresee him turning the ball over.

JCizzle

EDIT: Since when does winning games = failing?

Meaning Cam torched you the two times you played him. However, I don't think the Niners will use much read option because of all the attention it received this week. I think Roman will stick to a more traditional style to keep the falcons off balance.

You are a good man.

EDIT: Since when does winning games = failing?

my comment wasn't wins and losses, it was how you deal with QB's like kap. lets take a gander:

Cam vs. falcons game 1: 15/24, 215 yards, 2 TD, 0 int, 9 rushes, 86 yards, 1 TD
RGIII - 10/15, 91 yards, 1 rush 7 yards (left game with injury)
Vick - 21/35, 191 yards, 1 TD, 0 int, 7 rushes, 42 yards
Cam game 2: 23/35, 287 yards, 2 TD, 0 int, 9 rushes, 116 yards, 1 TD
Wussle: 24/36, 385 yards, 2 TD, 1 int, 7 rushes, 60 yards, 1 TD

Lunchbox is a bad Pats fan. Every true fan knows that this picture illustrates the start of the dynasty:

images

Or if you're getting really technical, this one:

images

Top Bottom