• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

cashman

Banned
I figure the Cowboys will probably have both of their losses in December. Will make them lose momentum, but at 14-2 they should still have home field advantage.

I welcome all the new Cowboys fans aboard the bandwagon. Watch out for the speed bumps in December, though.

Thanks, I've been NBA gaffer but I've been watching the Cowboys longer than I have the Mavericks... The Cowboys just make me more heated, so I tend to not talk about them that much except while they play.

Heysoos

I really liked the whole -- "Bennett looking for a flag. Which is all he did in Dallas. " Something along those lines. Nearly spit out my drink.

RBH

Former Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell, 87, is in a Baltimore-area hospital and his condition is worsening, WKYC-TV in Cleveland reported Wednesday night.

Modell's vital organs are failing, according to the TV station, and family members, including sons, John and David, have been with him at the hospital.

Modell owned the Browns from 1961-95, but moved the team to Baltimore for the start of the 1996 season, outraging Cleveland fans.

With Modell as owner, Cleveland reached the postseason 17 times, won 11 division titles and captured the NFL championship in 1964. The following year they lost in the NFL title game to Green Bay.

Modell owned the Ravens until 2004, when he officially sold them to Steve Bisciotti for $600 million. Baltimore won Super Bowl XXXV against the New York Giants in 2001.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...owner-art-modell-hospital-condition-worsening

Fox318

squicken your avatar sucks

TTBTF.jpg

Here is my try

He's a scumbag. You guys shouldn't feel bad about being happy when a jackass dies. You aren't the ones killing him

I dont wish death on anyone but I certainly wont mourn it either. Someone wondered if he dies before Sunday would they have a moment of silence at the stadium? THAT would be a bad idea.

MechDX

Skins stadium is worth a ton IIRC, and they have a rabid fanbase.

Its revenue from the stadiums the owners have virtual control of. McNair basically gets all revenues from concessions sold at every event at Reliant Stadium while he still also gets a cut of the gate from all events there.

Game tickets and PSL's are not as big as you would think they are.

I'm surprised the Raiders are that low.

See above. The Raiders basically play in a giant toilet.

Everyone is going to look at the reactions from Cleveland fans, with the sudden Art news.

I wouldn't wish death upon anyone, but must people reactions will probably be "he left us, nothing more to say". No offense to anyone but hes pretty much been dead to most Browns fans since he left

A huge fight broke out in the section next to mine between two Cowboys fans and one Giants fan and then the Giants dude tackled one guy and started to stomp him out until cops showed up at dragged them all away...

Nobody in their section or ours even noticed Miles Austin getting a TD...

That is my summary of what was otherwise a fun night.

Skins stadium is worth a ton IIRC, and they have a rabid fanbase.

That stadium is actually really shitty.

The good thing about that place from a business perspective is that it seats about 80,000 which helps out the Redskins a lot. Compared to some of the other place that only seat about 65 - 70,000. The actual stadium itself isn't worth much (compared to other stadiums that is).

Art Modell is a saint who saved a franchise from the biggest sinkhole in the history of sports and brought the game back to a true football town.

Nice troll effort here. Baltimorons are the biggest hypocrites on the planet when it comes to this. At least we got to keep our colors and record and whatnot because the true football town fought for theirs and didnt just lay down and take it up the ass from Irsay.

Everyone is going to look at the reactions from Cleveland fans, with the sudden Art news.

I wouldn't wish death upon anyone, but must people reactions will probably be "he left us, nothing more to say". No offense to anyone but hes pretty much been dead to most Browns fans since he left

It should be noted there is no news of this on any Baltimore website, heh. Now that he's out of the picture, they couldnt care less. He's hated here. And couldnt even leave his team to his nutjob, cokehead kid. Hope it was worth it.

Fantomex

It should be noted there is no news of this on any Baltimore website, heh. Now that he's out of the picture, they couldnt care less. He's hated here. And couldnt even leave his team to his nutjob, cokehead kid. Hope it was worth it.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :)

cajunator

Banned
Wow @ that niners jump. I guess thats what having a suddenly successful franchise after years of dormancy will do for a team.

I think Saints were worth a half million or so before Payton and Brees got there and now its knocking on a billion. The renovations to the Dome probably helped too.

squicken

iirc the league made him sell the team b/c he was out of money. he owns a small portion of the team but has been out of the picture a long time

Top Bottom