• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

iirc the league made him sell the team b/c he was out of money. he owns a small portion of the team but has been out of the picture a long time

My point. He sold out and fucked an entire fanbase over, over money and he's still broke. And what does he have to show for it now? He'll probably never get into the Hall of Fame because of that move. His legacy is ruined. Hatred from an entire region. No team to leave to his family.

I'm also glad Randy Lerner has sold the team finally because Al Lerner was instrumental in the move to begin with. Finally, our hands will be washed of all these assholes. LIFT THE CURSE!

sonicmj1

The good news is that using Gamepass to watch NFL games from Japan works great.

The bad news is that watching the Giants defense has totally ruined my day.

Ugh.

Milchjon

elihands-600x337.jpg

I can live with this game :)

BigAT

You guys are just angry that you don't know the Giants secret formula to success.

1. Injure all your CBs
2. Play like garbage in the regular season
3. ???
4. SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Cagey

Banned
The Giants just looked so flat last night.

Eh, flat is a lame excuse.

1) 1st and 30. Thirty. FIRST DOWN AND THIRTY FUCKING YARDS TO GO.

2) David Diehl is fucking horrible, and has been horrible, and the next time I read that "lulz he won two SBs, he's a SB-winning player, you can win SBs with Diehl, he's a CHAMPION" might cause a stroke.

3) Romo balled so hard.

eznark

Banned
The Cowboys defense really impressed me yesterday. I think we'll see much better defensive performances overall.

I'm interested to hear Welli's take after he watches the all-22's (I assume he will anyway). Seems to me like the Giants left at least 100 yards passing on the field in drops and missed passes. They had guys open they just didn't execute. First game of the year and all that.

Personally I wasn't altogether impressed, the secondary got beat a whole lot and Diehl is one of the worst in the game.

eznark

Banned
I watched it a few more times and the only thing I can think is that he assumed the ball was overthrown and was trying to pick it on the back end.

Biggest loser last night was the striking refs. The new refs did a great job, let the players control the game and made no game-changing errors. Bravo.

The Cowboys defense really impressed me yesterday. I think we'll see much better defensive performances overall.

I wasnt impressed by either team yesterday. The Giants had a ton of chance to make plays on D, either sacks or turnovers, and they just didnt. They also let the Cowboys WRs get wide open all game. I thought Romo looked really off in the 1st half as well.

Draxal

I wasnt impressed by either team yesterday. The Giants had a ton of chance to make plays on D, either sacks or turnovers, and they just didnt. They also let the Cowboys WRs get wide open all game. I thought Romo looked really off in the 1st half as well.

Honestly, both teams sucked, but with the trunctuated preseason, I expect this to be the norm for most teams in the opening games. Romo missed a lot of flat passes in the first half that were gimmes.

I just hate how Fewell is always afraid of the deep ball, and gives up slants nonstop. Plus, the Giants play like shit at home for the last couple of years.

This is just a rumor from but BBI, but I heard the Giants might be missing Grant, because Philips and Rolle (Dat U Education) really don't know how to lineup half the time.

Dragon

Banned
Guys football is back!

Scab refs? Who cares football is back.
Giants playing the Cowboys on Wednesday night? Who cares football is back.
Roger Goodell still in charge? Who cares football is back.
No Doubt resurrected from the dead? Who cares football is back.
"You ain't a bitch you a hoe" horribly mangles the national anthem? Who cares football is back.

Missing holding calls? Yep football is back.

bionic77

I watched it a few more times and the only thing I can think is that he assumed the ball was overthrown and was trying to pick it on the back end.

Biggest loser last night was the striking refs. The new refs did a great job, let the players control the game and made no game-changing errors. Bravo.
The refs have to be getting extremely nervous right now. Losing a part time 6 figure part time job...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The refs did a good job last night.

If the strike hadn't been publicized I highly doubt any fan or player would have noticed the difference. I even thought that "missed" defensive holding call Collinsworth was freaking out about wasn't really that bad of a miss.

eznark

Banned

If the strike hadn't been publicized I highly doubt any fan or player would have noticed the difference. I even thought that "missed" defensive holding call Collinsworth was freaking out about wasn't really that bad of a miss.

Those defensive holding calls over the middle, especially in the end zone, get missed all the time. Just ask the Saints about the season opener last year!

bionic77

A lot of that really depends on the crew announcing the game. If they bring attention to a missed call and then they replay it 10 times well then everyone is going to notice it. If they don't replay it or bring attention to it, only a few diehard fans will notice the blown call and no one will listen to them.

This might change now that fans have access to the film, but only a few will be able to get their message out effectively unless someone creates a website just for that purpose...

A lot of that really depends on the crew announcing the game. If they bring attention to a missed call and then they replay it 10 times well then everyone is going to notice it. If they don't replay it or bring attention to it, only a few diehard fans will notice the blown call and no one will listen to them.

This might change now that fans have access to the film, but only a few will be able to get their message out effectively unless someone creates a website just for that purpose...

Every announcer is going to be mentioning the refs every week because they're replacements.

Kosmo

Banned
Every announcer is going to be mentioning the refs every week because they're replacements.

The hilarious part of that is that the only reason we even know who the regular refs are (Hochuli's biceps aside) are because of their fuck ups and bad calls. So they will keep saying how bad the replacements are and as soon as the regular refs are back in, you won't hear a peep because the regular refs aren't held accountable.

I actually like the replacements - they let the players get away with a little more holding and as long as they get the spots right, no big deal.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I liked the refs and how they let everyone play, until the 4th quarter, of course. Then we got raped. Love that football's back and love that we start off with a win against a division rival. Life is GREAT.

bionic77

I dont get this at all. It is wrong to steal any cities team, unless it i unsupported like TB. If Philly lot its team and then stole another cities team I would hate both owners.
The worst part is that the Browns always had a ton of fans.

Dude is a criminal, which explains a lot!

I dont get this at all. It is wrong to steal any cities team, unless it i unsupported like TB. If Philly lot its team and then stole another cities team I would hate both owners.

You can't get it. When you get a team, when the gift of hometown football is given to you, especially having it ripped away before, no rational thought can be given. I totally know that Modell fucked over Cleveland like Irsay did Baltimore.....I don't care! He gave me football!

Top Bottom