• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

LJ11

Pretty much. When as a defense you give up a TD on a first and 30 after a drive that had like 6 penalties that knocked the opposing team out of field goal range - the last thing you need to do is bitch about non-calls.

The Giants had plenty of opportunities to turn that game around and they let every one slip through their fingers.

By the way, the Giants are 2-5 against the NFC East at Metlife. Homefield disadvantage.

Maybe it was the broadcast but it was Metlifeless last night, not much in the way of noise.

oneHeero

surgery went well

6 teeth down, and i'm on drugs

footballlllllllllllll@

I dunno, any division game is a significant win, imo.

This is nflgaf. All kinds of excuses.
I guess they forgot how bad theyve stomped the cowboys the past couple years.

I mean seriously... "September giants " stfu.

The cowboys O line is garbage and the giants have a great pass rush but lets blame the weak secondary. Like this wasn't already fucken known lol.

The excuses im seeing is unbelievable.

Enron

Banned
If the Giants have to keep playing with patchwork corners, it's going to be tough. The Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles are equally flawed. Will be an interesting 3-way battle.

MechDX

lols at jerry calling it a significant win.

Giants D looked pretty bad last night.

Lance Z on Twitter said he had a flashback while watching this game last night of the Texans 2010 season opener. Finally getting over the hump and beating the hated ndivision rival in an opening game. Then going 6-10....

oneHeero

Maybe it was the broadcast but it was Metlifeless last night, not much in the way of noise.
Haha can I use these same excuses when the cowboys lost at home? When the giants kicked their ass in the first game in the new stadium? When they kicked our ass last year?

Haha homefield disadvantage. We're pulling out all the stops.
God forbid the cowboys are just better this year.

LJ11

I dont know what it is but it always seems way louder for Jets games.

Probably the broadcast, Fox vs CBS. Ranger games sound much louder on NBC Sports than MSG.

Haha can I use these same excuses when the cowboys lost at home? When the giants kicked their ass in the first game in the new stadium? When they kicked our ass last year?

lol, do whatever the fuck you want.

You are losing your mind. I dont think he was taking credit away from Dallas, just pointing out that the Giants havent done well at home against division rivals.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
It's one of 6 in the division
yea? The giants or anyone else could lose all six division games and still win the division at 10-6.

Lance Z on Twitter said he had a flashback while watching this game last night of the Texans 2010 season opener. Finally getting over the hump and beating the hated ndivision rival in an opening game. Then we went 6-10....

yea. its never good to place too much emphasis on one regular season game.

Fox318

Pretty much. When as a defense you give up a TD on a first and 30 after a drive that had like 6 penalties that knocked the opposing team out of field goal range - the last thing you need to do is bitch about non-calls.

The Giants had plenty of opportunities to turn that game around and they let every one slip through their fingers.

By the way, the Giants are 2-5 against the NFC East at Metlife. Homefield disadvantage.

Cowboys are winless against the Jets at the new Stadium.

JetLife Stadium isn't the place for Giants to play.

oneHeero

You are losing your mind. I dont think he was taking credit away from Dallas, just pointing out that the Giants havent done well at home against division rivals.
I doubt he as well LOL. I usuallyread previous post to determine fan loyalty before saying something but right now I see so many excuses I was just replying lol.

My bad. Regardless, the fact that peopleare saying its only one game is retarded. This is the cowboys. Had they lost.. people would be sloberring all over that

I doubt he as well LOL. I usuallyread previous post to determine fan loyalty before saying something but right now I see so many excuses I was just replying lol.

My bad. Regardless, the fact that peopleare saying its only one game is retarded. This is the cowboys. Had they lost.. people would be sloberring all over that

I totally understand being excited after that game. It is to bad we have to wait until week 10 to see who is the best in the East. :p

Also, had they lost, we wouldn't have the thread filled with returning lifelongs swearing that this game is a huge indication of how the whole season is going to go. It's like picking your poison.

brentech

Every win is significant in the NFL, until you lose so many that you're out. It's a 16 game season, what do you expect him to say, this is a meaningless contest?

It could end up all for not, but it's significant in the moment we're in.

Fantomex

This is nflgaf. All kinds of excuses.
I guess they forgot how bad theyve stomped the cowboys the past couple years.

I mean seriously... "September giants " stfu.

The cowboys O line is garbage and the giants have a great pass rush but lets blame the weak secondary. Like this wasn't already fucken known lol.

The excuses im seeing is unbelievable.

CalmDown.jpg

pakkit

Banned
yea. its never good to place too much emphasis on one regular season game.

I agree with you, but it's also the 2013 Season Opener, it's also a divisional rivalry, it's also the opening statement for the Super Bowl Champs, and finally, ESPN and NFL Network are starved for news until the next games...so hate it or not, it's all aboard the Romo-train for now.

Draxal

Stadium is like that for two reasons. It's huge, upper deck is realllly far from the field, and the Giant's fanbase is old and stodgy compared to the Jets fanbase.

oneHeero

Also, had they lost, we wouldn't have the thread filled with returning lifelongs swearing that this game is a huge indication of how the whole season is going to go. It's like picking your poison.
Returning lifelongs? Sorry if I dont post nonstop during the offseason about what games im playing etc.

Fact is I've been in these threads since I got oon gaf and im active during tthe whole season even during losses."
Of course I feel its a indication of how the rest of the season goes. We won a game we ALWAYS gave up in the past.

I really think last yrs strike hurt the cowboys more than most other teams. So many new coaches and changes. This offseason was needed for us. The Oline will hopefully do better as time goes on.

We have key players at almost every important position. We have elite (minus playoffs/Superbowl) players at some spots too.

Our secondary and Oline were our biggest problems. We aren't top notch in the secondary by any means bbut much more improved. Our Oline can only get better despite being less than average.

eznark

Banned
Returning lifelongs? Sorry if I dont post nonstop during the offseason about what games im playing etc.

Fact is I've been in these threads since I got oon gaf and im active during tthe whole season even during losses."
Of course I feel its a indication of how the rest of the season goes. We won a game we ALWAYS gave up in the past.

I really think last yrs strike hurt the cowboys more than most other teams. So many new coaches and changes. This offseason was needed for us. The Oline will hopefully do better as time goes on.

We have key players at almost every important position. We have elite (minus playoffs/Superbowl) players at some spots too.

Our secondary and Oline were our biggest problems. We aren't top notch in the secondary by any means bbut much more improved. Our Oline can only get better despite being less than average.

What's been their excuse the rest of the decade?

Every year we get new Cowboy fans masturbating to pre Thanksgiving Romo and every year they disappear come Christmas.

It was a lockout not a strike.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What's been their excuse the rest of the decade?

Every year we get new Cowboy fans masturbating to pre Thanksgiving Romo and every year they disappear come Christmas.

It's almost beautiful. The summer ends, the leaves begin to change and the lifelines begin to appear. All too soon, they disappear. It's a reminder that all things are fleeting.

Except Browns sucking. That is eternal and unending.

brentech

The excuse of change of coaches is lame in itself. It's teams had new head coaches, rookie QBs, and all the same shit the Cowboys went through.
If the lockout hurt anyone, it hurt everyone.

Top Bottom