• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

BigAT

Maybe it was the broadcast but it was Metlifeless last night, not much in the way of noise.

Even as a Giants fan, I'm willing to admit that their home crowd is pretty awful compared to most teams. As someone else mentioned, the majority of the season ticket holders are old timers that have had their tickets forever. Low energy, sit through the entire game. It was impossible to get new blood in since the season ticket waiting list was so long.

A few years ago when they had to move the Giants at New Orleans game to Giants Stadium due to Hurricane Katrina, tickets were on sale to the general public and not based on season ticket holders. Not coincidentally, the stadium was rocking that night and noticeably louder than it is for normal home games.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
What's been their excuse the rest of the decade?

Every year we get new Cowboy fans masturbating to pre Thanksgiving Romo and every year they disappear come Christmas.

hey man, last year romo was in true form by week one!

Why are there two Monday games instead of a Thursday or Saturday night game? They already do games on those days during the year, first week should have spread games out every night. That would have been the shit. Aren't they leaving money on the table?

levious

Why are there two Monday games instead of a Thursday or Saturday night game? They already do games on those days during the year, first week should have spread games out every night. That would have been the shit. Aren't they leaving money on the table?

No thursday game because of democrat convention. Monday night double game is a few years old now.

Well Giants/Cowboys was going to be tonight but Obama's speech at the DNC bumped it up and Saturday is college football. Plus, if I'm correct, ESPN has pushed for the season opener double-header since they've got MNF. They did this the two years previous, right?

No thursday game because of democrat convention. Monday night double game is a few years old now.

If I was the NFL, I'd have put games Thurs and Saturday too, just to flex their muscle. College Football? US President? NFL cares not. Crush all TV competition.

Also, after last night, I want more football. Now.

Levyne

Banned
If I was the NFL, I'd have put games Thurs and Saturday too, just to flex their muscle. College Football? US President?

It's funny how we can suffer a whole off-season but as soon as game one is over, 3 days becomes a new round of torture.

Striker

If the Giants have to keep playing with patchwork corners, it's going to be tough. The Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles are equally flawed. Will be an interesting 3-way battle.
They had Aaron Ross last year. He was about on par with Coe, who did pretty okay until getting hurt. They signed a bunch of corners and drafted Hosley. Reese did his job. Not really his fault these corners just constantly keep getting hurt: Bruce Johnson IR, Terrell Thomas IR, Prince is currently out, and Coe left last night. It's frustrating.

That said, yeah Tryon stunk, but Antrel Rolle was terrible again last night. I know he's a decent player, but he's way overpaid and the team is pushed against the CAP as is.

It's gotta be up to Eli and Co to carry this team, again. Bad OL and bad defense, 2011 all over again.

If I was the NFL, I'd have put games Thurs and Saturday too, just to flex their muscle. College Football? US President? NFL cares not. Crush all TV competition.

Plenty of people care about both college and pro, that would be a stupid move. Like posting your poop.

levious

at least they don't take a night off for the world series anymore. I liked the idea of having saturday night games but I don't mind losing them for thursday night games every week.

Plenty of people care about both college and pro, that would be a stupid move. Like posting your poop.

Is the college season more less done by the late part of the nfl season (when they would do saturday night games after thanksgiving)?

MechDX

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

#Texans @ArianFoster (knee) and @BrooksReed58 (hip) left practice early today as a precaution. They're fine for Sunday

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

Holy fuck! Can we put these guys in glass cases weekly and open them up for gameday only?

Holy fuck! Can we put these guys in glass cases weekly and open them up for gameday only?
Man, they better take some precautions with Foster. He should probably stick to a light work-out load that doesn't involve much contact or stress. You know, like playing against the Dolphins.

:(

They had Aaron Ross last year. He was about on par with Coe, who did pretty okay until getting hurt. They signed a bunch of corners and drafted Hosley. Reese did his job. Not really his fault these corners just constantly keep getting hurt: Bruce Johnson IR, Terrell Thomas IR, Prince is currently out, and Coe left last night. It's frustrating.

That said, yeah Tryon stunk, but Antrel Rolle was terrible again last night. I know he's a decent player, but he's way overpaid and the team is pushed against the CAP as is.

It's gotta be up to Eli and Co to carry this team, again. Bad OL and bad defense, 2011 all over again.
I think a developing issue is was it really necessary to permanently IR Terrell Thomas? To my knowledge he was eligible for the new IR rule, and then he would've been back by Week 8 or so. The guy had been practicing before the tweak, so are the Giants trying to say he wouldn't be healthy in 2 months?

Giants may need to make a trade here, hamstrings usually are multi-week and although Prince should be fine for Week 2, Giants can't afford to lose Coe for a extended amount of time. Imagine Tryon constantly giving up the inside as a nickel CB?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

isnt there some FCC law that says the NFL can't broadcast games friday or saturday if there is highschool or college football happening?

Normally I hate the MNF double header if only cause of the awful announcing. But I'm kind of looking forward to the two Monday nighters this year only because I'm going to miss all the 1 and 4 oclock games this Sunday. MNF will get me back some of my football high...maybe.

Bowser

LukeSmith

Spoilers: Tryon sucked in Indy, too

Striker

Giants may need to make a trade here, hamstrings usually are multi-week and although Prince should be fine for Week 2, Giants can't afford to lose Coe for a extended amount of time. Imagine Tryon constantly giving up the inside as a nickel CB?
Tryon wouldn't get the slot; I think as the season progresses it will be between Hill or Hosley.

Webster can't be having those kinds of games, though. Reminded me of those plays he and T2 were getting ripped on by Jon Kitna two years ago (at home).

oneHeero

What's been their excuse the rest of the decade?

Every year we get new Cowboy fans masturbating to pre Thanksgiving Romo and every year they disappear come Christmas.

Rest of the decade? Let me name a few reasons;
1. Drew Bledsoe
2. Ryan Leaf
3. Quincy Carter
4. Garbage Oline after the 90s
5. Garbage secondary

Calm down with new cowboys fan just because your ass is in this thread 24/7 chitchatting away. I read nflgaf all day. I post every single season the same way. Idc if your a regular poster with your big boy pants.

The excuse of change of coaches is lame in itself. It's teams had new head coaches, rookie QBs, and all the same shit the Cowboys went through.
If the lockout hurt anyone, it hurt everyone.

The lockout did hurt everyone, I said that. I simply said it was harder on the Cowboys than for some other teams (not all teams). Cowboys have a garbage Oline and have had a garbage oline for a while. We got a new oline coach last year who couldnt do anything at all. We got a new DC last year who couldnt do anything (did you forget how shit our D has played?). Garret was coaching already but his style is WAY different than what the previous creampuff did. I think JG is gona be very good, he has the guys in the right mindset and I like the direction he's going.

Nonetheless, EVERY team suffered last year, I'm simply saying the Cowboys are just one of few teams that had it a little harder than others.

The Cowboys have a really brutal schedule after the bye so it wouldnt surprise me to see them start 4-0 and then wind up 4-4.

This is what I expect, I am very realistic and knew we had a much larger chance to lose last night than win. So I'm ecstatic.

who the fuck are you.

dallas wins one game and you think they are the real deal.... wait until december when they shit the bed.

Do you not see my fuckern username? Dont come at me with who the fuck are you, your on a forum for crying out loud. And yea, we'll definitely see how the rest of the season pans out, the cowboys arent going to magically get 12+ wins all of a sudden. The Cowboys are simply MUCH better prepared than they were last year. To think otherwise means your just a retard who wants to hate and I'd be wasting my time with you. Being that they were a game away from the playoffs, where anything can happen (lolromo 1-3), and seeing that we lost the chance at the playoffs to the suberbowl champs, and this year we got better and win the first game in NY against the defending champs who had the Cowboys number all last year (do I have to quote stats?), yea I like what I see and I follow the cowboys.

This isnt to say they are just going to win the SB like nothing, clearly they have a lot to prove by just getting to the playoffs and winning a game but they have gotten a lot better since that time.

come at me bro

levious

isnt there some FCC law that says the NFL can't broadcast games friday or saturday if there is highschool or college football happening?

are there no bowl games going on during the first two rounds of playoffs?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions top 2 CBs aren't practicing yet and probably won't play.

Good thing Bradford can't throw the ball more than 10 yards at a time.

Fox318

Well first you would need a qb to go 16-0.

We have 4.

MbhAz.jpg

Top Bottom