• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

ccbfan

Tough fantasy decision here.

Maurice Jones-Drew

Start or not.

I'm not super string at RB that I don't have 3 rbs I could replace him with. Only DeAngelo Williams and Marshon Lynch (if he plays) I would have as my rbs. Also have Cedric Benson though.

I have pretty good recievers with Andre Johnson and Mike Wallace starting as well as. Meachem and Floyd on the bench.

So basically

MJD
Meachem
Floyd
Benson

Fox318

Fat Rex>Skinny Rex

Thin-Rex.png

oneHeero

This commercial just came on after I NFL Live finished and I found it ironic given the game yesterday and the 3 drops :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDb_IKQNloE

I like Cruz a lot and think he'll bounce back. It seems the Giants usually have a guy who goes through some drops here and there. I remember watching Eli the last 2 years and really being impressed with him last year. I use to think the Giants WR dropped a ton of passes and gained more respect for Eli as a QB.

Tryon wouldn't get the slot; I think as the season progresses it will be between Hill or Hosley.

Webster can't be having those kinds of games, though. Reminded me of those plays he and T2 were getting ripped on by Jon Kitna two years ago (at home).
Dez is so beastly, I'm not bothered too much about Webster there. But that double move where Ogletree shed Webstewr was ... yikes. Why was Webster even on him?
Tough fantasy decision here.

Maurice Jones-Drew

Start or not.

I'm not super string at RB that I don't have 3 rbs I could replace him with. Only DeAngelo Williams and Marshawn Lynch (if he plays) I would have as my rbs. Also have Cedric Benson though.

I have pretty good recievers with Andre Johnson and Mike Wallace starting as well as. Meachem and Floyd on the bench.

So basically

MJD
Meachem
Floyd
Benson
Don't start Mojo, unless you want to bank on him being wildly productive with 8-11 touches and no training camp.
This commercial just came on after I NFL Live finished and I found it ironic given the game yesterday and the 3 drops :(

I like Cruz a lot and think he'll bounce back. It seems the Giants usually have a guy who goes through some drops here and there. I remember watching Eli the last 2 years and really being impressed with him last year. I use to think the Giants WR dropped a ton of passes and gained more respect for Eli as a QB.
People tend to forget Cruz's first 4-5 games were wildly hit-or-miss. There's a reason I used to say "Cruz Giveth/Cruz Taketh Away" before Cruz finally exploded. Has always had some concentration issues.

Fantomex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDb_IKQNloE

How does it feel?

Striker

People tend to forget Cruz's first 4-5 games were wildly hit-or-miss. There's a reason I used to say "Cruz Giveth/Cruz Taketh Away" before Cruz finally exploded. Has always had some concentration issues.
Yeah he had some issues in pre-season and in that Week 1 game vs. Washington, if I remember right.

He exploded in that game @PHI when he took down Nnamdi twice. He did have that mess-up versus Seattle where he lost control of it, and into the hands of the Seattle DB which cost them the game. He'll be fine though. I hope Nicks can get healthy soon, otherwise it's gotta be all Cruz-Bennett-Hixon. And I'm not too thrilled on those latter two being consistent receivers. Bennett probably should stay some helping the OL.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Brilliant, although I thought the Lions fan one was pretty stupid. Kid Rock is horrible.

My favorites were the Cowboys one, the Bears one, and the Seahawks one. That one made me laugh out loud. I personally would have switched Arizona's to Tampa Bay's or Jacksonville's.

Doorman

Brilliant, although I thought the Lions fan one was pretty stupid. Kid Rock is horrible.

Yeah I agree. I know it's hard to say "the one making fun of us is bad!" without it just sounding like sour fan-grapes, but there are much better things you could make fun of Detroit fans for than Kid Rock. Kastrioti alone provides better material!

Milchjon

My favorites were the Cowboys one, the Bears one, and the Seahawks one. That one made me laugh out loud. I personally would have switched Arizona's to Tampa Bay's or Jacksonville's.

"All of them are spot on, except the one that makes fun of my fanbase"

;-)

Edit: Oh, too late

cajunator

Banned
Inspirational short film on Safety Chad Jones, who's still trying to make it back on the field for the Giants, after a horrific car wreck almost lost him his leg.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/exclusive-former-lsu-safety-chad-jones-road-back-144322667--ncaaf.html

Be Warned, about 2 minutes in, is a 5-10 second screen shot of his leg after the accident. It's a bit gruesome.

How exactly did this accident happen? Normal driving doesnt involve "clipping the railroad track"

At least we dont cheer for a rapist.

You cheer for the first woman in NFL football. I respect that.

Bears rush defense is okay, but their pass D was near the bottom of the league last year.

A lot of the defensive struggles last year was a result of the garbage offense. Once Cutler went down, the offense started going three and out regularly and, as a result, hung the defense out to dry.

Top Bottom