• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

UberTag

Nah, Legion of Doom....or Road Warriors, depending on which federation you were a fan of.
The son of Road Warrior Animal is not impressed by the garb of said Raiders fans.

james-laurinaitis.jpg

cdyhybrid

Ohhhhh, my fault

I thought I read the Cards were starting a rookie at RG. My fault!

The Cards o-line is awful. I know nothing about the Seahawks except for Russel Okung!

Ah, I see. I forgive you :p

Cards line is indeed awful (except for Senio Kelemete, UW alumnus, of course). Our line is pretty good, and Okung is a stud, but Tom Cable has a lot to do with it. Dude is a genius.

If I read one more article today saying Modell moved the Browns because Cleveland refused to build him a stadium, I'm going to chuck my laptop at the wall.

It's such horseshit.

eznark

Banned
If I read one more article today saying Modell moved the Browns because Cleveland refused to build him a stadium, I'm going to chuck my laptop at the wall.

It's such horseshit.

If Cleveland wasn't such a cheap dump he never would have left!

Personally I'd be way more pissed that he fired Paul Brown.

If Cleveland wasn't such a cheap dump he never would have left!

Personally I'd be way more pissed that he fired Paul Brown.

While I obviously wasn't alive when he fired Brown, pretty much all of the resentment toward him started with that move. They won the NFL Championship the next year, but the rest of his tenure at owner (save for the 80s) was plagued by mediocrity. Media visonary? Perhaps. But he was a shit owner.

The NY Times article cracks me up because it basically says that Modell was beloved in Cleveland up until the move, which is laughably inaccurate. He was greedy and meddlesome and had been widely disliked for ages.

eznark

Banned
While I obviously wasn't alive when he fired Brown, pretty much all of the resentment toward him started with that move. They won the NFL Championship the next year, but the rest of his tenure at owner (save for the 80s) was plagued by mediocrity. Media visonary? Perhaps. But he was a shit owner.

The NY Times article cracks me up because it basically says that Modell was beloved in Cleveland up until the move, which is laughably inaccurate. He was greedy and meddlesome and had been widely disliked for ages.

Yeah, by like the seven living Indians fans in the 90's.

Cagey

Banned
Yeah, I think that kind of goes to what that article you posted was saying. The won't expose Eli if Wilson is on the field. It's in line with what Coughlin has been saying about having specific plays/packages they want to run with him for right now as he continues to develop. If there's any chance that Eli will audible out of the run or there's a pass play - Bradshaw will be on the field.

Of course if the offensive line can't block worth a damn, it won't matter anyway. Every game will come down to Eli's arm and the receivers as it did last year. As long as Eli is healthy, I honestly don't worry much about the offense. We've lost receivers and lineman and Eli continues to produce.

What irks me so much about this Wilson disciplining can be found in the accuracy of this post in describing the Coughlin mindset. The team doesn't want to risk a missed blitz pickup from a young RB in Wilson resulting in a free roaming blitzer sacking Eli and ending a drive because of one silly mental miscue.

Meanwhile, at Right Tackle...

Striker

What irks me so much about this Wilson disciplining can be found in the accuracy of this post in describing the Coughlin mindset. The team doesn't want to risk a missed blitz pickup from a young RB in Wilson resulting in a free roaming blitzer sacking Eli and ending a drive because of one silly mental miscue.

They'll bring him along. Coughlin and Reese do like playing their younger guys, notably the higher picks, barring injury. Steve Smith was on his way doing so until he got injured, Hakeem Nicks played often, as do many defenders. They redshirt Manningham because of him not being able to pick up the playbook, but there's no way Wilson is that far off. Hopefully he cleans up his turnovers and does great versus Tampa next week. They need somebody to take some runs off Bradshaw and I'm not a big Brown fan.

I thought that's why people in Cleveland hated him in the first place, because he tried to kick the Indians out of Municipal and essentially forced the city and Cuyahoga county to pay for Jacobs to keep them?

Maybe I heard that story wrong.

Actually, it's the opposite.

Modell managed the Muni and made money by acting as the Tribe's landlord. When the Gateway Project came around, he was offered a spot with the Cavs and Tribe, but refused. He wanted Gateway to fail because the Indians were a major source of income for him.

And then when the Indians got the Jake and their popularity skyrocketed (and his pocketbook took a hit), he started bitching about not getting a new stadium.

squicken

Something I did notice on rewatching a little of the game is that both teams were holding, but the Giants couldn't even properly hold Ware. I know that everyone is in love with JPP's potential, but Ware is a freak of nature himself. Both he and JAllen are 30. Curious to see how their production goes as they age

Squickens tag set of my anti-virus.

It went fucking ape shit, please get that remedied.

Seems like your AV has a built in truth detector that's acting up. A link instead to some Andrew Luck highlights should clear things up

eznark

Banned
Yeah I appreciate the effort by Fox but I do prefer the text wall as well

That one with Harbaugh ghosted behind it was glorious.

And I meant no offense Fox, I was just saying that your creation that you poured your heart and soul into wasn't fit for public viewing. It should be filed away in the toilet, safe from the harsh and harmful glare of human eyes.

Pimpwerx

Vegas has the over/under for Dolphins wins at 6.5 (-115) for this season. Anyone think I should bet the farm on the under? That number seems awful unrealistic. PEACE.

I read this in the SuperFriends narrator voice. I couldn't help it.

squicken

Vegas has the over/under for Dolphins wins at 6.5 (-115) for this season. Anyone think I should bet the farm on the under? That number seems awful unrealistic. PEACE.

Heard on the radio that the last Hard Knocks moved the number even further towards HOU. I really don't see how MIA does anything on offense all year. If I was a bettor it seems like the under would be great. Don't see how they'll win 7 games

Goodell did some speech today where he said they were really unhappy with perception of preseason games and so mnay empty seats, especially the 4th. Thinking of moving to 2 games and possible 18 game schedule, or even leaving it at 16.

Fox318

That one with Harbaugh ghosted behind it was glorious.

And I meant no offense Fox, I was just saying that your creation that you poured your heart and soul into wasn't fit for public viewing. It should be filed away in the toilet, safe from the harsh and harmful glare of human eyes.

squicken

looks good on you though

it does. the patches were a little much i think. chuck made the harbs one and i don't have a copy.

I can't believe the Kindle's are ad supported. I missed all the news today. Wasn't really interested but still. That's pretty lame

eznark said:
Did you like it?
Definitely. The ending is a bit of a letdown and it has some pacing issues but a great improvement over the first game in many ways. I want to go back and finish up a side quest or two but the game crashes in the middle of one in particular (which is a known problem) so I'll have to wait on a patch.

Buckethead said:
Zapped my enthusiasm.
You should keep going. The
demon world after Lostlight goes back to the traditional dungeons the game does well and ends with a great battle with a familiar face from the first game
. You're literally a few hours from finishing it if you finished the section in your spoiler.

eznark

Banned
I just saw it too, and I even went to Amazon a couple of times. I didn't realize they were new Fires, they look like the same old shitty Fires.

squicken

I just saw it too, and I even went to Amazon a couple of times. I didn't realize they were new Fires, they look like the same old shitty Fires.

Yeah I hate to sound like an Apple person but the iDevices just have such better industrial design. I'm really curious to see their take on the 7" screen. Though Samsung's 7" Tab 2 looks pretty good but has been left behind in the specs department

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Heard on the radio that the last Hard Knocks moved the number even further towards HOU. I really don't see how MIA does anything on offense all year. If I was a bettor it seems like the under would be great. Don't see how they'll win 7 games

Goodell did some speech today where he said they were really unhappy with perception of preseason games and so mnay empty seats, especially the 4th. Thinking of moving to 2 games and possible 18 game schedule, or even leaving it at 16.

2 pre, 16 regular.

In fact, just eliminate the preseason.

squicken

2 pre, 16 regular.

In fact, just eliminate the preseason.

They'll have to change padded practices rules if they reduce the number of games. I think they need at least a couple. Also, if the league drops some games, then the union will have to accept a reduction in pay or some other concession. Goodell could just be posturing so he can say that he wants to eliminate a couple of games but the players won't agree to it

chuck do you still have the harbs avatar?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
They'll have to change padded practices rules if they reduce the number of games. I think they need at least a couple. Also, if the league drops some games, then the union will have to accept a reduction in pay or some other concession. Goodell could just be posturing so he can say that he wants to eliminate a couple of games but the players won't agree to it

chuck do you still have the harbs avatar?

players dont get paid for preseason.

the owners love it, its all profit for them. Fucking season tickets force you to buy preseason and the damn tickets are the same price as regular season games.

You should keep going. The
demon world after Lostlight goes back to the traditional dungeons the game does well and ends with a great battle with a familiar face from the first game
. You're literally and few hours from finishing if you finished the section in your spoiler.
I'm thinking of sending it back for Borderlands 2 and keeping Max Payne 3. I do-a the Gamefly.
Probably will finish it eventually.

squicken

players dont get paid for preseason.

the owners love it, its all profit for them. Fucking season tickets force you to buy preseason and the damn tickets are the same price as regular season games.

I thought that the money from preseason went to the revenue pool that was used to calculate the salary cap. That's a good point, though. Goodell should drop the 2 games b/c it's the right thing to do, and makes his sport look bad, and not try and extract more from the players (besides more practices)

edit: thank you chuck. some people believe in hope and change. i believe in the wheel route

Top Bottom