• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

bionic77

I liked Super Mario 3DLand, be warned it only gets really hard in the end. They definetely have gba support, as the early adopters got some of the gba games for free (the second american Fire Emblem for example).

In all honesty, I'd clear out your DS backlog ad I'd actually try out the Residen Evil 78demo, people said it was a return to form for the series
I know that they gave away GBA games to original DS owners, but can we buy those games on the store because I did not see them there.

Yeah I guess there are always more awesome DS games to play. I don't think I ever played the Castlevania games and some of the acclaimed RPGs.

I am still loving KI at the moment though. It is hard for me to understand how this game is this good. I mean it is a sequel to a game that came out almost 30 years ago and it is nothing like it, but the gameplay is so fun, there are like a million extras and the writing and production values are about as good as you will see in any game.

Interesting story on LA Times

"Peyton Manning jerseys not allowed in Colorado school district"

A spokesperson for the district explained that jerseys with the numbers 13, 14, 18, 31, 41 and 81 are not allowed because of gang affiliations.

What about in math class? Are they allowed there? What about the team sports uniforms for the school? Locker combinations?

Pathetic.

Milchjon

Honestly, when the best joke that people seem to be able to craft about the Pats seems to be "Oh, I hate them", it's pretty lame. Referring to both that fan video yesterday and the logos.

At least bionic and co. make their hate speech entertaining.

Edit: Just saw that Justin Halperin of "Shit My Dad Says" fame is partly responsible for them. No wonder they are so unfunny.

The cards one is depressingly true yet Fitz still put up great numbers last year, what could've been if we had a decent QB or OL. Hang in there Fitz!!!

The video one was pretty lame, oh ha ha there are no Cards fans wtf does that even mean our stadium has sold out every game since it opened, just because you won't find them in LA or NY doesn't mean they don't exist.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
i love the steelers one. Especially now that we can get a "throw the fucking ball" .gif out of haley for a new team.

There's the problem. I don't remember a "throw the fucking ball" gif, there is a good "snap the fucking ball" one, though.

woah, tried linking one of those logos individually, didnt realize it was just one big image :jnc

Can't believe we'll have actual football 48 hours from now (Giants clearly don't count as a real team if they can't beat the Cowboys)

TheLegendary said:
Can't believe we'll have actual football 48 hours from now (Giants clearly don't count as a real team if they can't beat the Cowboys)
oh-you-show.jpg

eznark

Banned
That Chris Berman will die soon.

I want Olbermann back.

Actually no I want Olbermann to just cover Packers games with Buck

Why would Olbermann do color commentary for a football game? That's like Tim Tebow playing quarterback, it just makes no sense and is a total skillset mismatch.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Blackghost you might be on your own Sunday. Got a tourney I have to play in Sunday morning. If we keep winning I'll miss everything. :(

kingslunk

What about in math class? Are they allowed there? What about the team sports uniforms for the school? Locker combinations?

Pathetic.

Pathetic? Not Really. They have a huge gang problem in Greeley Colorado apparently which is why they banned the number 18. They don't want to risk any problems even if it's just a jersey. Opposing gangs usually don't care if its a jersey or not. Apparently there's a gang that also is known to wear only Denver Broncos apparel.

Godslay

Banned
Interesting story on LA Times

"Peyton Manning jerseys not allowed in Colorado school district"

Ridiculous.

Clearly Peyton's #18 should be retired at all stadiums and school gyms everywhere. Then we should retire a second Peyton jersey when he becomes the 46th POTUS.

Pathetic.

You guys do know that gangs are an epidemic in Greeley right? That Colorado has one of the highest per capita in the nation in gang membership? It's a safety issue. While it sucks for the kids not being able to wear their jerseys, until they solve the problem of gangs in the area it is the right call.

To Bionic, if you enjoy rhythm games and Final Fantasy, Theatrhythm is surprisingly good. If you like srpgs Ghost Recon is good. I also enjoyed Pushmo from the estore.

Fox318

You guys do know that gangs are an epidemic in Greeley right? That Colorado has one of the highest per capita in the nation in gang membership? It's a safety issue. While it sucks for the kids not being able to wear their jerseys, until they solve the problem of gangs in the area it is the right call.

To Bionic, if you enjoy rhythm games and Final Fantasy, Theatrhythm is surprisingly good. If you like srpgs Ghost Recon is good. I also enjoyed Pushmo from the estore.

I blame the raiders fans

eznark

Banned
I know. I just think it would be hilarious for Olbermann to cover packer games. Aside from Union members nobody from Wisconsin likes him(actually nobody really likes him today).

I really like Olbermann when he talks baseball, so as a third guy in the booth I bet he'd be good actually...I just don't think he knows dick about football.

Fox318

I really like Olbermann when he talks baseball, so as a third guy in the booth I bet he'd be good actually...I just don't think he knows dick about football.

But there are better people to cover baseball than olbermann. I'd rather listen to George Will than Olbermann.

Godslay

Banned

Olbermann is great at baseball. He really knows the game as well as the history.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lame I was looking forward to talking smack with BownsGAF on Sunday.

Well there's still a slight chance but I am doubtful. Playing in an 8 team tournament for my league, winner of the tourney takes the last playoff spot. As of now we're the best of these 8 crappy teams.

We play at 9am, if we win that then next game is at 2:30 so I won't see a thing. But if we lose the 9am game then dammit I'm back home by noon in time to catch the game and trash talk then cry as the game goes on.

Well there's still a slight chance but I am doubtful. Playing in an 8 team tournament for my league, winner of the tourney takes the last playoff spot. As of now we're the best of these 8 crappy teams.

We play at 9am, if we win that then next game is at 2:30 so I won't see a thing. But if we lose the 9am game then dammit I'm back home by noon in time to catch the game and trash talk then cry as the game goes on.

Good luck, sucks that if your team losses you will then come home and watch your team lose.

eznark

Banned
I'd take him over Romney. Especially with the voter suppression tactics the GOP has been using against the Libertarian Party and Gary Johnson in Ohio and other states.
http://imgur.com/wk83w.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

If you followed the poligaf thread you know how I feel about limitation on voting rights. Don't have to tell me.

I don't really care which of the fuckers wins as long as the opposite party has the house or senate.

Don't blame me, I vote for gridlock!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Registered Democrat but I would absolutely vote for Gary Johnson over either of these two candidates but hes not gonna win so yeah.

Also can't wait for the NFL season to get started already. 2 days until the Jets kick some Canadian ass.

Gridlock definitely sounds like the best option this time. I am just worried the Republicans will try to highjack the debt celling again if they can. I almost think the country might be better off if they cant block everything for the next 4 years.

eznark

Banned
Registered Democrat but I would absolutely vote for Gary Johnson over either of these two candidates but hes not gonna win so yeah.

Also can't wait for the NFL season to get started already. 2 days until the Jets kick some Canadian ass.

I'll vote Johnson for sure, he has a better shot of Mises or Rothbard, which is who I generally write in.

Also, football.

Milchjon

I don't get why you'd like gridlock. Not like the last two years were all too great for your country.

Gridlock in a two party system means that actively working against the wellbeing of your country will be rewarded. And that's the worst that can happen, isn't it?

But oh well, I don't really have a horse in this race.

Top Bottom