• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

tmdorsey

3DS XL and Kid Icarus are so fucking awesome. Just wanted to share this.

After I finish this game what should I get next on my 3DS? Not interested in Kingdom Hearts or Resident Evil (both series peaked last gen), how is the new Mario game? Anything else I might like? The online store seems like shit currently. Wonder when/if they will put up GBA/SNES games?

Might fire up Chronotrigger and see what it looks like on this bad boy. That game never gets old...

You definitely want to get Mario 3DLand. I put it up there with Mario Galaxy.

I may have to check out KI based on your review. I wonder if it's still $15 at BB?

Fox318

I'll vote Johnson for sure, he has a better shot of Mises or Rothbard, which is who I generally write in.

Also, football.

IuZLt.jpg

I don't get why you'd like gridlock. Not like the last two years were all too great for your country.

Gridlock in a two party system means that actively working against the wellbeing of your country will be rewarded. And that's the worst that can happen, isn't it?

But oh well, I don't really have a horse in this race.

It depends on the situation. Lets say Romney gets in, I would want gridlock then for sure. Nothing getting passed is better then horrible shit getting passed. My problem with gridlock in Obama's case is that the Tea party nuts are just racist and will block anything Obama tries to do out of spite. That doesnt benefit the country at all. We need to get back to when people on both sides of the asile were willing to work together.

Milchjon

It depends on the situation. Lets say Romney gets in, I would want gridlock then for sure. Nothing getting passed is better then horrible shit getting passed. My problem with gridlock in Obama's case is that the Tea party nuts are just racist and will block anything Obama tries to do out of spite. That doesnt benefit the country at all. We need to get back to when people on both sides of the asile were willing to work together.

I'd agree in the Romney case, but I wouldn't trust the Democrats to not be just as destructive even in situations where a compromise would be necessary, because the past few years have shown that it will always be held against the incumbent.

It makes sense politically to obstruct, and that's a toxic situation in any case, IMO.

Done derailing. Sorry

Pats and Brian Waters are fighting over money. Pats want him to take the Vet minimum and he wants 1.4 million.

Is there a team in the league that is tougher with players when it comes to salary then the Pats? I dont get it they are always under the cap and Kraft is crazy rich plus the team is super profitable.

jbug617

Banned
Is there a team in the league that is tougher with players when it comes to salary then the Pats? I dont get it they are always under the cap and Kraft is crazy rich plus the team is super profitable.

They sorted of changed. They did give Hernandez and Gronk big extensions. Wilfork, Brady and Mankins all got paid.

16-0 part 2 begins on Sunday
I might entertain the thought if the mighty roadblock that is the Miami Dolphins only appeared on NE's schedule once, but defying the odds and beating them twice? Ain't gonna happen. Legedu Naanee is poised and ready to make a mockery of the Pats entire secondary. Count on it.

They sorted of changed. They did give Hernandez and Gronk big extensions. Wilfork, Brady and Mankins all got paid.

I thought tha Brady and Mankins both wound up signing for less then they could have gotten, and Welker is playing on the franchise tag this year.

Milchjon

Hey, they pay their practice squad better than any other team in the league ;-)

Fantomex

I might entertain the thought if the mighty roadblock that is the Miami Dolphins only appeared on NE's schedule once, but defying the odds and beating them twice? Ain't gonna happen. Legedu Naanee is poised and ready to make a mockery of the Pats entire secondary. Count on it.

You could of used many players as an example, but Naanee can't catch a cold. Sadly it's true.

squicken

I figured the Texans would have injuries this year, which is why I picked Indy for the division. But I gotta say I didn't see the injured guy being Foster. Rule, as always, never give RBs contract extensions

TheFatOne

Pats and Brian Waters are fighting over money. Pats want him to take the Vet minimum and he wants 1.4 million.

Man this is so fucking stupid. I thought the Patriots were past this shit. I love how they can waste a ton of money on guys who don't work out Fanene and Ocho, but they won't give
Waters some money. So fucking stupid. Just pay the man. Pats are real thin on the offensive line. If one of the starters go down they are fucked.

Edit: Do you have a link for this?

jbug617

Banned

Sanjuro

Man this is so fucking stupid. I thought the Patriots were past this shit. I love how they can waste a ton of money on guys who don't work out Fanene and Ocho, but they won't give
Waters some money. So fucking stupid. Just pay the man. Pats are real thin on the offensive line. If one of the starters go down they are fucked.

Edit: Do you have a link for this?

It would be stupid to give Waters the money.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lions-fan-gets-probation-phoning-160537558--nfl.html

DETROIT (AP) -- A federal judge in Detroit has sentenced a 35-year-old Detroit Lions fan to three years' probation for phoning in a bomb threat to the Louisiana Superdome during the New Orleans Saints' playoff win over the Lions in January.

Shawn H. Payton of Jackson pleaded guilty in June transmitting threats to injure in interstate communications.

Prosecutors say Payton twice called the Superdome during the Jan.7 game and claimed there was a bomb in the building.

Judge David Lawson sentenced him Thursday. Besides the probation, Payton also must serve 60 days of home confinement.

Simmons is really, really drinking the Russell Wilson kool aid. He's picking Seattle to be 12-4, #1 seed in the NFC and beating the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8347893/the-new-quarterbacks-league

Typical homerish Simmons, but I think he has a good point here:

Bill Simmons said:
Of course, if Sean Payton is secretly still coaching the Saints with dummy Gmail and Skype accounts that are being rerouted through Malaysia to escape detection from the league, then disregard everything in these paragraphs. The NFL can't catch anyone using PEDs, but they're going to catch Payton secretly corresponding with Brees and his coaches?2 Let's just move on before I change my mind on the ceiling of the 2012 Saints.

bionic77

You definitely want to get Mario 3DLand. I put it up there with Mario Galaxy.

I may have to check out KI based on your review. I wonder if it's still $15 at BB?
I think the deal is over. It is that good dude. The only thing you might not like are the controls, which are amazing but if you need dual analog on everything then you might want to rent or borrow before you buy.

And wow @ the Galaxy comparison. Galaxy was one of the best games ever and will still be just as good in 20 years. If Mario is Galaxy class then I will have gotten my money's worth on the system two games in.

Top Bottom