• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

bionic77

On the election I am voting for Obama but not happily. Romney is a moron who can't go 10 minutes without saying something dumb. Obama is much smarter but what I want is for someone to take eznarks drillsaw to the military and stop the BS drone attacks and cut the budget in half and end the wars. No candidate will do that so fuck them both.

If Obama gets us another SB though I will of course think more kindly of him.

Dragon

Banned
On the election I am voting for Obama but not happily. Romney is a moron who can't go 10 minutes without saying something dumb. Obama is much smarter but what I want is for someone to take eznarks drillsaw to the military and stop the BS drone attacks and cut the budget in half and end the wars. No candidate will do that so fuck them both.

If Obama gets us another SB though I will of course think more kindly of him.

Didn't Obama say the goal was to be out of Afghanistan in two years?

Obama may not have followed through on all of his promises but he's not a rich bigot so I don't mind voting for him.

Draxal

I think the deal is over. It is that good dude. The only thing you might not like are the controls, which are amazing but if you need dual analog on everything then you might want to rent or borrow before you buy.

And wow @ the Galaxy comparison. Galaxy was one of the best games ever and will still be just as good in 20 years. If Mario is Galaxy class then I will have gotten my money's worth on the system two games in.

It's not Galaxy class (Galaxy 2 is my game of the generation), but it's really damn good, just can't judge it on the early game which is stupidly easy.

cdyhybrid

Banking your season on a backup RB? You must have a strong team!!

Nah not my season. I just have high expectations thanks to the Niners fans here! My season depends on Andre Johnson staying healthy and Brady not being a bitch and missing the season after getting hit once.

I'm doomed

Draxal

I think he'll come around.

I'm mixed about that. Coughlin doesn't like to play rookies usually (can't pass block etc.), however I think Bradshaw is about to fall of a cliff soon (Marion Barber 2.0). The line didn't run block well at all, but Bradshaw missed some holes.

Still kinda of shocked that he cut Danny Ware.

I'm mixed about that. Coughlin doesn't like to play rookies usually (can't pass block etc.), however I think Bradshaw is about to fall of a cliff soon (Marion Barber 2.0). The line didn't run block well at all, but Bradshaw missed some holes.

Still kinda of shocked that he cut Danny Ware.
Yeah, at this point I could definitely see things not working out for him this year but I have a lot of faith in the guy as a Hokies fan who watched him tear it up at VT for a few years. The kid's got skill, he just needs to settle into the pro game (and get a grip on his emotions and whatnot, haha). I'm with you on Bradshaw though, I just don't think he'll be solid enough to carry a full workload by himself all season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I want a candidate who is:

Anti-Abortion
Anti-foreign war
Pro raising taxes on the wealthy
Pro cutting spending

And for whoever will extend the same federal protections of student loans to private student loans.

I like universal healthcare but I'm not sure how we could afford it without reducing costs on the treatment side. I also like the idea of expanding college aid for degrees that are highly employable.

With democrats and republicans getting more extreme, who do I vote for? :\

Why do those two have pretty much the same avatar.

You can never have enough Tebow.

JABEE

You don't know that!

That's why we play the game!

Any given Sunday!

dammit you're probably right

tumblr_m8fcmtiSHS1r76lino1_400.gif

I don't know what YH is doing. Don't get down on the Browns, they can be a good team if they want to be. They just need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps. It's not nice to pick on teams while they're are down, YH. This is just a temporary setback for the Browns.

Anti-Abortion
Anti-foreign war
Pro cutting spending

And for whoever will extend the same federal protections of student loans to private student loans.

I like universal healthcare but I'm not sure how we could afford it without reducing costs on the treatment side. I also like the idea of expanding college aid for degrees that are highly employable.

You're never going to get everything you want. Politics is about the lesser of two evils, not picking your views off a menu.

I actually have Fasano in my FF team. I think he's their best receiver. Miami will get 5 wins once Tannehill throws it and catches it himself by week 5.
I joke a lot but I do think the Dolphins passing game could be moderately okay if the o-line does their job and Tannehill does better than expected. Bess and Hartline are decent slot type receivers and Fasano is a pretty solid TE to pass to most of the time, plus we've got Reggie out of the backfield. The main issue is the lack of a deep threat (just like the pre-Marshall era).

Milchjon

Anti-Abortion
Anti-foreign war
Pro cutting spending

Ahoy, multi party system ;-)

You're never going to get everything you want. Politics is about the lesser of two evils, not picking your views off a menu.

How about the least of 6 evils?
I don't think you'll ever find a party that fits all your needs, and with the growing individualisation, they'll splinter even more, but I think the past few years have shown just how destructive a two party system can be.

Kluwe is awesome. He's just like the average outspoken GAFfer, a bit over the top, but amusing.

Anti-Abortion
Anti-foreign war
Pro cutting spending

I would like a candidate like this too. Alas nothing so nice will happen.

You can NEVER have enough Tebow.

Wrayfield

I joke a lot but I do think the Dolphins passing game could be moderately okay if the o-line does their job and Tannehill does better than expected. Bess and Hartline are decent slot type receivers and Fasano is a pretty solid TE to pass to most of the time, plus we've got Reggie out of the backfield. The main issue is the lack of a deep threat (just like the pre-Marshall era).

I agree, o-line and a system that a QB understands and can execute in will help. Solid D as well. I am concerned about our o-line. Skill position players are at this stage a luxury. Gimme two good lines, solid gameplans and clearly visible direction this franchise is supposed to go in and that's already more than I've seen in the last years...

How about the least of 6 evils?
I don't think you'll ever find a party that fits all your needs, and with the growing individualisation, they'll splinter even more, but I think the past few years have shown just how destructive a two party system can be.

Kang ang Kodos had it right - You have to vote for one of them. The other reps are so insignificant as to be non-existent; you're throwing your vote away otherwise.

I agree, o-line and a system that a QB understands and can execute in will help. Solid D as well. I am concerned about our o-line. Skill position players are at this stage a luxury. Gimme two good lines, solid gameplans and clearly visible direction this franchise is supposed to go in and that's already more than I've seen in the last years...
That'd be great, wouldn't it? If we could keep the same head coach and QB for five years it'd be a miracle at this point.

Fantomex

I've always wanted them to get a big time coach again and just let him do everything. Jimmy Johnson didn't bring championships, but the teams were competitive. Which is the sad part. Being a Miami fan, you just hope you don't get blown out. Because if we even think about mentioning playoffs...

jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

I've always wanted them to get a big time coach again and just let him do everything. Jimmy Johnson didn't bring championships, but the teams were competitive. Which is the sad part. Being a Miami fan, you just hope you don't get blown out. Because if we even think about mentioning playoffs...
The problem is the stupid front-office refuses to give a head-coach that kind of control, which in turn keeps all of the good ones away. That's what really needs to change with the franchise, but who knows when that will happen. The Ireland + Ross combo is toxic.

But hey, we did win the division back in '08, even though it was a complete fluke.

Rorschach

Anti-Abortion
Anti-foreign war
Pro cutting spending

Republican!
Democrat!
Democrat!
Republican!

You can vote Republicrat! You have to pick your battles. Some issues don't really matter. Take abortion for instance: is any president going to change that? Nope. Doesn't matter. If you raise taxes do you have to cut spending as much? Or if you cut spending, do you have to raise taxes? Think about it!

Pro Football Focus did a review of the opening game and graded out the Giants players. Summary:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/7/3300963/giants-vs-cowboys-pro-football-focus-review

Eli Manning had the best offensive rating for the Giants (+5.0)
Jason Pierre-Paul had the best defensive rating (+5.5)

Both were the highest rated offensive and defensive players.

On the subject of tight ends:

Martellus Bennett played 54 of the Giants' 56 offensive snaps. Bear Pascoe played 12. So, why was Pascoe on the depth chart last week as the starting tight end? No clue. Bennett caught four balls and ended up +3.0, second-best to Manning. (Black Unicorn had a solid game)

Victor Cruz dropped three passes and had two penalties. He ended up with a -4.7 PFF grade, second-worst of any Giant on Wednesday night.

Linebacker Michael Boley did not play at all in the preseason and barely practiced leading up to Wednesday. He played 37 snaps, though, intercepted a pass, and had a +3.3 PFF rating.

As to the worst players on the field according to PFF:

Corey Webster took defensive dishonors with a -3.4 score. Right tackle David Diehl took top dishonors overall, checking in with a -6.0 score that included surrendering two sacks and five hurries.

More on the two players starting with Webster:

"The plays that Webster gave up though raise bigger question marks over a group of cornerbacks that already looked thin due to the continuing injury cloud hanging over second year corner Prince Amukamara. He bit on a double move for Ogletree’s long touchdown completion (ending up absolutely nowhere close to the play), gave up a long completion to Dez Bryant, and allowed four of his completions to be converted into touchdowns or first downs. The consolation for Giants fans may be that Webster also started last year slowly (-2.8 coverage grade in Washington) before putting in a strong season."

About Diehl, PFF said:

Diehl (-6.0) put in the type of performance we have become accustomed to over the last few seasons. What’s more it seems that the Giants are all too aware of this if the amount of help he was given is anything to go by. In spite of the signing of Martellus Bennett, one of the premier blocking tight ends in the league, the Giants still chose to use William Beatty as a sixth offensive lineman and each time he was right next to Diehl. That was in addition to the Giants keeping Bear Pascoe and Bennett in to block five times to Diehl’s side, while Ahmad Bradshaw was left into help out on 12 plays (and a further three called back for penalties). This begs the question as to how long the Giants can keep Diehl in the starting lineup.

If Diehl is still starting after the first four games, I'm going to kill myself. Two sacks and 5 hurries in one game WITH HELP!

Fantomex

The problem is the stupid front-office refuses to give a head-coach that kind of control, which in turn keeps all of the good ones away. That's what really needs to change with the franchise, but who knows when that will happen. The Ireland + Ross combo is toxic.

But hey, we did win the division back in '08, even though it was a complete fluke.

Yup. They need to just fire everybody and change the mascot even. Ain't nobody scared of a mean dolphin with a helmet.

Yup. They need to just fire everybody and change the mascot even. Ain't nobody scared of a mean dolphin with a helmet.
The amount of embarrassing stuff that the franchise has been through over the past decade or so is just unbelievable (T-Pain fight song, anyone?); hence my reason for taking up the snarky fan torch. If the front-office won't take the team seriously why should I? Still, I'm a fan until the end.

Top Bottom