• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Milchjon

Kang ang Kodos had it right - You have to vote for one of them. The other reps are so insignificant as to be non-existent; you're throwing your vote away otherwise.

Well, that's what I'm saying. Over here, you have about 5-6 relevant parties, and usually not one of them can govern on their own. So you have a lot more choice, as smaller parties become a lot more relevant. You'll have coalitions of two or even three parties, so voting for a smaller party isn't throwing away your vote. Eznarks favorites for instance would probably already be pretty relevant/powerful if your system was similar to ours (altough I'm not sure that would be a good thing...).

Mrbob

Kluwe come back to GAF!

I want a candidate who is:

Anti-Abortion
Anti-foreign war
Pro raising taxes on the wealthy
Pro cutting spending

And for whoever will extend the same federal protections of student loans to private student loans.

I like universal healthcare but I'm not sure how we could afford it without reducing costs on the treatment side. I also like the idea of expanding college aid for degrees that are highly employable.

With democrats and republicans getting more extreme, who do I vote for? :\

You vote for Tebow. After he gets kicked out of the NFL his next step is becoming President of the United States.

JABEE

Goodell looks like an idiot right now. Letting a few Saints players go free is worth it for this embarrassment of Goodell and NFL executives.

Rorschach said:
As bad (AND OVERRATED!) as Webster is,
Webster was great in 2008 and solid in '09 even when he had fuck all at safety so I don't know if I necessarily agree with you there (especially the overrated bit as I've never seen Webster referred to as some amazing CB). He's a press corner and when he's asked to do that, he's generally been pretty good (watch the majority of that Eagles game in 2010 before the defense took a shit. Web put on a clinic on how to press a speed WR like DeSean Jackson). I'm less enthusiastic about his zone coverage abilities which is where he can get into trouble.

Rolle is a decent in the box safety but he's a total liability in coverage. He didn't play much safety last year as he was as the slot corner. He goes on about being a ball hawk and wanting to play his natural position but well he sucks at it when it comes to pass defense. Poor angles, terrible awareness and and gets out of position way too eaasily. Even more reason why I'm adamant the Giants needs to sign Phillips long term in the offseason. He's the best DB on the team, IMO.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow they actually won the appeal?

I for one am shocked.

edit: BUT HELL YEAH FUJITA BACK! BROWNS BACK ON TOP!

Rorschach

Webster was great in 2008 and solid in '09 even when he had fuck all at safety so I don't know if I necessarily agree with you there (especially the overrated bit as I've never seen Webster referred to as some amazing CB). He's a press corner and when he's asked to do that, he's generally been pretty good (watch the majority of that Eagles game in 2010 before the defense took a shit. Web put on a clinic on how to press a speed WR like DeSean Jackson). I'm less enthusiastic about his zone coverage abilities which is where he can get into trouble.

Rolle is a decent in the box safety but he's a total liability in coverage. He didn't play much safety last year as he was as the slot corner. He goes on about being a ball hawk and wanting to play his natural position but well he sucks at it when it comes to pass defense. Even more reason why I'm adamant the Giants needs to sign Phillips long term in the offseason. He's the best DB on the team, IMO.

Wellington.

One of the problems in the Dallas game is he couldn't press Dez Bryant, and for some reason he was off on Ogletree.
Rolle is a decent in the box safety but he's a total liability in coverage. He didn't play much safety last year as he was as the slot corner. He goes on about being a ball hawk and wanting to play his natural position but well he sucks at it when it comes to pass defense. Poor angles, terrible awareness and and gets out of position way too eaasily. Even more reason why I'm adamant the Giants needs to sign Phillips long term in the offseason. He's the best DB on the team, IMO.
Giants have not even approached Deon Grant. ugh.
Bullshit.
It's talisayNon. Forgive him.

Rorschach said:
Wellington.
Ah well, I can't help there.;) Might have been before my time. If it was in '08, I understand the viewpoint as Web had himself a career year behind a great defense.

The Frankman said:
Giants have not even approached Deon Grant.
Grant slowed down big time last season though and something that Collinsworth correctly identified was that the Giants were playing a lot more base formation and using their linebackers in the nickel package instead of the 3 safety look they used last season. We have all of this young talent at LB and speed with guys like Williams and Rivers so you're seeing the defense adjusted to try and work that group in. We saw no Will Hill on the field as a third safety at all from memory (I really need to look at the All-22 this weekend). I don't know if Fewell will fall back to that with the injuries at corner or not....

Greg

bbjiC.jpg

Rorschach

Ah well, I can't help there.;) Might have been before my time. If it was in '08, I understand the viewpoint as Web had himself a career year behind a great defense.

DL making him look good. :p Anyway, we got off point. Tryon was the liability they picked on multiple times to seal it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So uh, Goodell can just suspend the lot of them again right?

I mean they explicitly said Goodell still has jurisdiction to punish players under intent to injure.

JABEE

So the appeals Panel sent the case back to Goodell to make amendments to and use their guidance to enact an appropriate punishment?

aha, got clarification. Goodell can suspend them but ONLY on the evidence that they intentionally tried to injure players. And in front of a judge (arbitration judge?). So it looks like it just can't be Goodell alone.

This does not affect the suspension of the non-players.

Milchjon

aha, got clarification. Goodell can suspend them but ONLY on the evidence that they intentionally tried to injure players. And in front of a judge (arbitration judge?). So it looks like it just can't be Goodell alone.

This does not affect the suspension of the non-players.

So it all goes back to

drew-brees_1571855c.jpg

Top Bottom